Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film
View Poll Results: Do you think it's a good idea for doctors to wash their hands?
Yes
22
78.57%
No
6
21.43%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Muslim staff escape NHS hygiene rule

Old 04-20-10, 07:18 PM
  #101  
DVD Talk God
 
kvrdave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 86,201
Re: Muslim staff escape NHS hygiene rule

Originally Posted by eXcentris View Post
FYI, The fact that the United States Supreme Court ruled that Jews are a race for purposes of certain anti-discrimination laws still doesn't make Jews a "race". Same principle applies to atheism.
Great, the final arbitor on these matters is you.
kvrdave is offline  
Old 04-20-10, 07:20 PM
  #102  
DVD Talk God
 
kvrdave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 86,201
Re: Muslim staff escape NHS hygiene rule

Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Without derailing this thread too much, while it might be nice to deport everyone who is in violation of our immigration laws, I think that's about as realistic as arresting everyone who is in violation of our drug laws. It just ain't gonna happen.
I agree. But if that is the case, one of two things needs to happen. Declare amnesty, rigorously enforce the law from then on, and deport everyone who is not here legally and make HUGE fines for those who hire to them, OR get rid of the law that we have no interest in enforcing and make it an open border.
kvrdave is offline  
Old 04-20-10, 08:09 PM
  #103  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 30,005
Re: Muslim staff escape NHS hygiene rule

Originally Posted by kvrdave View Post
Great, the final arbitor on these matters is you.
No, the final arbiter is common sense.
eXcentris is offline  
Old 04-20-10, 08:11 PM
  #104  
DVD Talk God
 
kvrdave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 86,201
Re: Muslim staff escape NHS hygiene rule

Well that would fit with not going with the US courts, anyway.
kvrdave is offline  
Old 04-20-10, 11:41 PM
  #105  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Josh-da-man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: The Bible Belt
Posts: 31,394
Re: Muslim staff escape NHS hygiene rule

Is it just me, or does this thread kind of suck?

I mean, we have Islam, religion, government agencies, and hand-washing (always a hot button issue 'round these here parts)...

...and it's just kind wonky and boring.
Josh-da-man is offline  
Old 04-21-10, 09:22 AM
  #106  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Posts: 36,981
Re: Muslim staff escape NHS hygiene rule

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man View Post
Is it just me, or does this thread kind of suck?

I mean, we have Islam, religion, government agencies, and hand-washing (always a hot button issue 'round these here parts)...

...and it's just kind wonky and boring.
Don't forget immigration, immunizations, and public schools
Venusian is offline  
Old 04-21-10, 09:29 AM
  #107  
DVD Talk Hero
 
CRM114's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 42,731
Re: Muslim staff escape NHS hygiene rule

Love the poll results.
CRM114 is offline  
Old 04-21-10, 09:31 AM
  #108  
DVD Talk Hero
 
CRM114's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 42,731
Re: Muslim staff escape NHS hygiene rule

Originally Posted by kvrdave View Post
Yep. Or (blashemy) get rid of illegals, since they are, by definition, here illegally. I don't think we should just not allow them in schools, I think we should get rid of those that are here illegally, and the rest takes care of itself.
It's easy to say it but much harder to execute. How do you propose to do this?
CRM114 is offline  
Old 04-21-10, 09:33 AM
  #109  
DVD Talk Hero
 
CRM114's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 42,731
Re: Muslim staff escape NHS hygiene rule

Originally Posted by Rockmjd23 View Post
Happens all the time around here
No it doesn't. Religiosos are just too sensitive to any criticism.
CRM114 is offline  
Old 04-21-10, 09:34 AM
  #110  
DVD Talk Hero
 
CRM114's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 42,731
Re: Muslim staff escape NHS hygiene rule

Originally Posted by kvrdave View Post
I agree. But if that is the case, one of two things needs to happen. Declare amnesty, rigorously enforce the law from then on, and deport everyone who is not here legally and make HUGE fines for those who hire to them, OR get rid of the law that we have no interest in enforcing and make it an open border.
Or create a southern "Ellis Island" and stop the mirage that this isn't about the country they are coming from.
CRM114 is offline  
Old 04-21-10, 09:37 AM
  #111  
DVD Talk Hero
 
CRM114's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 42,731
Re: Muslim staff escape NHS hygiene rule

It's a term I made up. I kind of like it.
CRM114 is offline  
Old 04-21-10, 09:42 AM
  #112  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Formerly known as "orangecrush18" - still legal though
Posts: 13,846
Re: Muslim staff escape NHS hygiene rule

Originally Posted by CRM114 View Post
No it doesn't. Religiosos are just too sensitive to any criticism.
I think the perception by some is due to the fact that in real life most people don't talk about Religion frankly.

I think that if someone calling me an idiot on the internet is the worst I get for being a Christian, I am pretty fortunate.
orangecrush is offline  
Old 04-21-10, 09:44 AM
  #113  
DVD Talk Hero
 
CRM114's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 42,731
Re: Muslim staff escape NHS hygiene rule

Yes. And the fact that they often time encircle themselves with like minded individuals and their belief system is never challenged. Most of us heathens have been on the religious side and have been freed. The religious have always believed in God even if they didn't or don't practice.
CRM114 is offline  
Old 04-21-10, 09:50 AM
  #114  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Posts: 36,981
Re: Muslim staff escape NHS hygiene rule

Originally Posted by CRM114 View Post
The religious have always believed in God even if they didn't or don't practice.
that's not true
Venusian is offline  
Old 04-21-10, 09:53 AM
  #115  
DVD Talk Hero
 
CRM114's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 42,731
Re: Muslim staff escape NHS hygiene rule

OK, there might be some kids raised as atheists who later changed their belief. Do you know any? I don't.
CRM114 is offline  
Old 04-21-10, 09:56 AM
  #116  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Formerly known as "orangecrush18" - still legal though
Posts: 13,846
Re: Muslim staff escape NHS hygiene rule

Originally Posted by CRM114 View Post
OK, there might be some kids raised as atheists who later changed their belief. Do you know any? I don't.
Quite a few, actually.
orangecrush is offline  
Old 04-21-10, 09:59 AM
  #117  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Formerly known as "orangecrush18" - still legal though
Posts: 13,846
Re: Muslim staff escape NHS hygiene rule

Originally Posted by CRM114 View Post
Yes. And the fact that they often time encircle themselves with like minded individuals and their belief system is never challenged. Most of us heathens have been on the religious side and have been freed. The religious have always believed in God even if they didn't or don't practice.
That is true of most people though. How many people read blogs of people they don't agree with or watch news shows they think are biased in a way they don't like? I sometimes wonder if this is a more recent phenomenon in history. It seems much easier today to only listen to people who parrot your beliefs than it was in the past.
orangecrush is offline  
Old 04-21-10, 10:20 AM
  #118  
DVD Talk Hero
 
CRM114's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 42,731
Re: Muslim staff escape NHS hygiene rule

An atheist or agnostic has basically has no choice than to consort with religious people considering the majority of Americans are religious in some way. Our families and friends are filled with people who believe in God. Can the same be said for religious people carousing with atheists and agnostics? Sure, but not at all on the same scale.
CRM114 is offline  
Old 04-21-10, 12:15 PM
  #119  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Posts: 36,981
Re: Muslim staff escape NHS hygiene rule

I know many atheists and agnostics who later became Christians.
Venusian is offline  
Old 04-21-10, 12:17 PM
  #120  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Th0r S1mpson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 36,443
Re: Muslim staff escape NHS hygiene rule

Originally Posted by CRM114 View Post
An atheist or agnostic has basically has no choice than to consort with religious people considering the majority of Americans are religious in some way. Our families and friends are filled with people who believe in God. Can the same be said for religious people carousing with atheists and agnostics? Sure, but not at all on the same scale.
What you talk about is a simple truth of minority. You could say the same thing about race in certain communities.
Th0r S1mpson is offline  
Old 04-21-10, 12:49 PM
  #121  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Posts: 36,981
Re: Muslim staff escape NHS hygiene rule

Originally Posted by Lemmy View Post
I'll bet I know many more that went the other way. WAY more.
Ha. Me too.
Venusian is offline  
Old 04-21-10, 08:04 PM
  #122  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: MA
Posts: 17,006
Re: Muslim staff escape NHS hygiene rule

Originally Posted by Lemmy View Post
I'll bet I know many more that went the other way. WAY more.
As do I. People tend to be quitters
Rockmjd23 is offline  
Old 04-21-10, 08:17 PM
  #123  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: MA
Posts: 17,006
Re: Muslim staff escape NHS hygiene rule

Originally Posted by CRM114 View Post
No it doesn't. Religiosos are just too sensitive to any criticism.
I wasn't being serious. It only happens some of the time, not all of the time
Rockmjd23 is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.