Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Happy Constitution Day!

Old 09-17-08, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk God

Happy Constitution Day!

To the 4 of you who care.

36 U.S.C. § 106
(a) Designation.— September 17 is designated as Constitution Day and Citizenship Day.
(b) Purpose.— Constitution Day and Citizenship Day commemorate the formation and signing on September 17, 1787, of the Constitution and recognize all who, by coming of age or by naturalization, have become citizens.
(c) Proclamation.— The President may issue each year a proclamation calling on United States Government officials to display the flag of the United States on all Government buildings on Constitution Day and Citizenship Day and inviting the people of the United States to observe Constitution Day and Citizenship Day, in schools and churches, or other suitable places, with appropriate ceremonies.
(d) State and Local Observances.— The civil and educational authorities of States, counties, cities, and towns are urged to make plans for the proper observance of Constitution Day and Citizenship Day and for the complete instruction of citizens in their responsibilities and opportunities as citizens of the United States and of the State and locality in which they reside.

I urge everyone to read the Constitution today. I believe that many could use the refresher.

http://www.usconstitution.net/const.html#Preamble
Old 09-17-08, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk God

Your copy only has the parts that you believe in - am I not correct?
Old 09-17-08, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Thank you. And Happy Constitution Day to you too, sir.
Old 09-17-08, 09:53 AM

That old thing is still around I could have sworn it got sold off in a yard sale awhile back
Old 09-17-08, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Free* Pocket Size Constitution Book

In The U.S. Constitution & Fascinating Facts About It you'll see the entire text of the Constitution, the Bill of Rights and the Declaration of Independence—and much more! You’ll find interesting insights into the men who wrote the Constitution, how it was created, and how the Supreme Court has interpreted the Constitution in the two centuries since its creation.
* $3.00 shipping/handling

Happy Constitution Day!
Old 09-17-08, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk God

Robt. Byrd & I carry those that in our pocket.
Old 09-17-08, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Mine is brown with a leather feel. That one has color, which is neat. But I think my pocket constitution is more like the framers would have wanted.

Edit
Here it is:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/1882...pt#reader-link

Last edited by Th0r S1mpson; 09-17-08 at 11:00 AM.
Old 09-17-08, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I have the Constitution, Declaration, and the Federalist papers with me all the time on my Kindle (as well as Common Sense, The Wealth of Nations, and On the Duty of Civil Disobedience).
Old 09-23-08, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Just got this:

http://cbagwellconsulting.com/const.html