Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Video: Mickey Mouse teaches Palestinian kids about Islamic supremacy

Old 05-08-07, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Video: Mickey Mouse teaches Palestinian kids about Islamic supremacy

<embed width="425" height="350" src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lZEGsnWZKh8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent"></embed>

It's my understanding that Disney's always been pretty hardcore about dealing with copyright infringement, wondering why they haven't dealt with this yet.

Thoughts?
Old 05-08-07, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk God

Doesn't look like Mickey Mouse to me.
Old 05-08-07, 07:35 PM
bhk
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by MartinBlank
<embed width="425" height="350" src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lZEGsnWZKh8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent"></embed>

It's my understanding that Disney's always been pretty hardcore about dealing with copyright infringement, wondering why they haven't dealt with this yet.

Thoughts?
Probably because the Disney Execs don't want their houses firebombed.
Old 05-08-07, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think Hamas is to be applauded. See?---they're not just a military organization launching terrorist attacks. They build schools and fund social programs, too.
Old 05-08-07, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

How would Disney deal with them? Ask the Palestinian govt who can't pay their employees to try to stop them? They "can't" control suicide bombers but are expected to control tv?

And is Palestine part of the copyright treaties anyway?
Old 05-08-07, 09:25 PM
Suspended

Hamas is our friend. Just ask the current adminsitration and previous as well.

Suppose I should elaborate. What I mean is, Clinton and Bush have consistently given millions of dollars to Hamas, either openly or covertly (and then reported years later) and the money ends up being used for terrorism.

Last edited by DVD Polizei; 05-08-07 at 10:03 PM.
Old 05-08-07, 10:26 PM
Admin-Thanos

How can you be talking to 11 and 12 year olds about fighting a war and dying and killing world leaders? What a world.
Old 05-09-07, 12:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei
Suppose I should elaborate. What I mean is, Clinton and Bush have consistently given millions of dollars to Hamas, either openly or covertly (and then reported years later) and the money ends up being used for terrorism.
Are you sure you mean Hamas and not the PLO/PA?
Old 05-09-07, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Nazgul
Are you sure you mean Hamas and not the PLO/PA?
Is there really a difference except when we can trick them into fighting each other instead of Israel? Birds of a feather.
Old 05-09-07, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Vandelay_Inds
An almost religious degree of denial is required to pretend there is not a tremendous threat gathering from these societies that have taken dehumanization and depravity to levels unprecedented even by 1920s and 30s standards. Sadly, our western democracy have plunged themselves into a self-hating delusion which renders them incapable of any appropriate response.
electronic arts and other companies sell plenty of video games where you kill middle easterners. what's the difference?
Old 05-09-07, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by al_bundy
electronic arts and other companies sell plenty of video games where you kill middle easterners. what's the difference?
the fact that they seel just as many copies of games where you kill people of any race or alien species.

I don't think it is the ethnicity of the people you kill in games that makes them sell.
Old 05-09-07, 12:02 PM
Banned

If it was christain you better believe some action would be taken!
Old 05-09-07, 01:09 PM
bhk
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by wm lopez
If it was christain you better believe some action would be taken!
At least on this forum.
Old 05-09-07, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I could pretend to be outraged, but it just a normal day for Hamas and the Palestinians who voten them into power.
Old 05-09-07, 04:59 PM
bhk
DVD Talk Legend

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...cle=1&catnum=0
The only surviving child of Walt Disney has called Hamas "pure evil" for turning Mickey Mouse into a propaganda tool for hate.

Diane Disney Miller said she was disgusted that a rip-off of the loveable cartoon character was being used on a new Hamas TV show to encourage Palestinian children to take up arms against Israel and America.

Ms Miller, 73, said it went "against the grain of humanity".

She told the New York Daily News: "Of course I feel personal about Mickey Mouse, but it could be Barney as well.

"It's not just Mickey, it's indoctrinating children like this, teaching them to be evil.

"The world loves children and this is just going against the grain of humanity."

Hamas's Al-Aqsa TV station started running the children's series, called Tomorrow's Pioneers, last month.

It features the life-size lookalike of Mickey Mouse called Farfur, who sings about youngsters arming themselves with AK-47s and striving for world domination "under Islamic leadership".

Ms Miller said: "What we're dealing with here is pure evil and you can't ignore that."

Farfur also tells children to pray and drink their milk.
This lady better up her home security system.
Old 05-09-07, 05:20 PM
bhk
DVD Talk Legend

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satelli...cle%2FShowFull

A program using a Mickey Mouse-like character to urge Palestinian children to fight Israel and the West and work for world Islamic domination has been pulled off Hamas's television station for "review," Palestinian Information Minister Mustafa Barghouti said Wednesday.

Barghouti said the use of the cartoon character in such a role represented a "mistaken approach" to the Palestinian struggle against Israeli occupation.

Barghouti wrote that following a request from his ministry, the program was pulled from the Hamas-affiliated Al Aksa TV and "placed under review."

In the statement, Barghouti said his ministry "would continue to ensure freedom of expression and freedom of the press, but that media outlets breaking the law would be penalized."

Barghouti complained that the Mickey Mouse story continued to receive attention by "some American television stations" after it was resolved, and that media did not broadcast video of Israeli human rights violations supplied by his ministry in recent weeks.

[b]Israel has long complained that the Palestinian airwaves are filled with incitement.

"You and I are laying the foundation for a world led by Islamists," the cartoon character squeaked on a recent episode of the show, which is titled "Tomorrow's Pioneers."

"We will return the Islamic community to its former greatness, and liberate Jerusalem, God willing, liberate Iraq, God willing, and liberate all the countries of the Muslims invaded by the murderers."

Children call in to the show, many singing Hamas anthems about fighting Israel.
"You and I are laying the foundation for a world led by Islamists,"

That has always been the goal from the beginning which is why no amount of "dialog" and "understanding" nor hugs are going to completely stop terrorism.
Old 05-09-07, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

"Barghouti said the use of the cartoon character in such a role represented a "mistaken approach" to the Palestinian struggle against Israeli occupation."

What a load of shit. Must be this has gotten just a little too much publicity among the infidels----dont want to turn the sympathetic Western multiculturalists against Hamas, too--- time to go into damage control.

This stuff is standard fare for Palestinian media, if anybody cares to examine it in depth:

http://www.pmw.org.il/
Old 05-22-07, 09:18 PM
bhk
DVD Talk Legend

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT
Disney Explains Reaction to Hamas Show

By GARY GENTILE
AP Business Writer

ANAHEIM, Calif. (AP) -- The Walt Disney Co. didn't speak out when Hamas militants used a Mickey Mouse look-alike to preach Islamic domination because the company felt it would be ineffective, Disney's chief executive said Monday.

Disney CEO Robert Iger said he and other executives considered ways to react to the recent Hamas show for children that featured someone dressed in what appeared to be a Mickey Mouse costume, railing against Israel and the United States in a high-pitched cartoonish voice.

"We didn't mobilize our forces and seek to either have the clip taken down or to make any broad public statement about it," Iger told a gathering of the Society of Business Editors and Writers at the Disneyland Hotel.

"We were appalled by the use of our character to disseminate that kind of message," he said "I think anytime any group seeks to exploit children in that manner, it's despicable."

Still, Iger said it didn't seem to make any sense for Disney to make any loud public statement at the time.

"I just didn't think it would have any effect," he said. 'I think it should have been obvious how the company felt about the subject."

Iger's comments were the first from Disney since the images aired earlier this month on Al-Aqsa TV, a station run by Hamas. At the time, Disney did not return phone calls seeking comment, a strategy Iger said the company adopted after some discussion.

"We simply made the decision that we would not either create or prolong a public discourse on the subject by making a loud public statement," he said Monday.

In the TV show, a giant black-and-white rodent named "Farfour," or "butterfly" - unmistakably a Mickey ripoff - does high-pitched preaching against the U.S. and Israel.

Hamas, which is sworn to Israel's destruction, shares power in the Palestinian government.

"You and I are laying the foundation for a world led by Islamists," Farfour squeaked on a recent episode of the show, titled, "Tomorrow's Pioneers."

"We will return the Islamic community to its former greatness, and liberate Jerusalem, God willing, liberate Iraq, God willing, and liberate all the countries of the Muslims invaded by the murderers."

The show was removed from the channel "for review" after Palestinian Information Minister Mustafa Barghouti said the character represented a "mistaken approach" to the Palestinian struggle against Israeli occupation.

Iger said Disney had nothing to do with the decision to pull the program, although the company did speak to several government officials. Iger did not elaborate on those discussions.

2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Learn more about our Privacy Policy.
Why is the Chairman of Disney quoting Daffy Duck?
Old 05-22-07, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by bhk
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT

Why is the Chairman of Disney quoting Daffy Duck?
Well, Sylvester the Cat. I'll excuse your mistake because you didn't receive your Warner Bros. childhood indoctrination.
Old 05-22-07, 09:46 PM
bhk
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by crazyronin
Well, Sylvester the Cat. I'll excuse your mistake because you didn't receive your Warner Bros. childhood indoctrination.
Son, Daffy duck tells Bugs that he's "despicable" many times.
Old 05-22-07, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by bhk
Son, Daffy duck tells Bugs that he's "despicable" many times.
Thufferin' Thuccotash! You're right. My only excuse is a 14 hour workday.

Old 05-22-07, 10:13 PM
bhk
DVD Talk Legend

It's OK.

I'm still puzzled why Iger isn't being brave like tiger but timid like a mouse.
Old 07-02-07, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The most anticipated cartoon-rodent martyrdom video of the year is finally here....

<embed width="425" height="350" src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Fkvbln1ORk0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent"></embed>

Old 07-02-07, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by MartinBlank
The most anticipated cartoon-rodent martyrdom video of the year is finally here....

<embed width="425" height="350" src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Fkvbln1ORk0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent"></embed>

That's fucked up.
Old 07-02-07, 12:52 AM
Suspended

Oh Mickey you're so fine,
You teach your kids,
To blow up mine,
Hey Mickey!

P.S. Thanks to kvrdave for dah grammar check!

Last edited by DVD Polizei; 07-02-07 at 08:45 PM.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.