Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Ann Coulter refers to John Edwards as a "******"; Dean & Dems Angry.

Old 03-02-07, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Ann Coulter refers to John Edwards as a "******"; Dean & Dems Angry.

Howard Dean Demands GOP Candidates Denounce Ann Coulter for Referring to John Edwards as a 'Faggot'
Friday, March 02, 2007

Democratic Party boss Howard Dean demanded that Republican presidential candidates denounce conservative columnist Ann Coulter after she referred to Democratic presidential hopeful John Edwards as a ‘faggot’ during a speech Friday at a national conservative gathering.

Coulter, who was addressing the Conservative Political Action Conference in Washington, D.C., said:

"I was going to have a few comments on the other Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards, but it turns out you have to go into rehab if you use the word 'faggot,' so I - so kind of an impasse, can't really talk about Edwards."

Members of the audience seemed startled, then many clapped, and she proceeded to open the floor to questions, reported EditorandPublisher.com

After her comments, Democratic National Committee Chairman Howard Dean issued a press release expressing his outrage. Dean called Coulter’s remarks ‘hate-filled and bigoted.’

“While Democrats and Republicans may disagree on the issues, we should all be able to agree that this kind of vile rhetoric is out of bounds. The American people want a serious, thoughtful debate of the issues,” the press release read.

"Republicans—including the Republican presidential candidates who shared the podium with Ann Coulter today—should denounce her hateful remarks."

Interesting. But John Edwards does come across as gay. Not that theres anything wrong with it.
Old 03-02-07, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

What is it about him seems "gay"?

Faggot is an inappropriate term (yes, the n-word is inappropriate too).
Old 03-02-07, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Does Ann ever say anything that isn't angry, hate-filled, vile rhetoric? That seems to be her claim to fame, casting chum upon the troubled waters.
Old 03-02-07, 09:33 PM
X
Administrator

Wow, that's pretty bad!

Just being overly concerned with your hair doesn't warrant that.
Old 03-02-07, 09:41 PM
Admin-MemeCat

Ann Coulter is a shithead. It's pretty simple.
Old 03-02-07, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Does anyone think of Ann Coulter as anything more than a shrill bitch? Does her game still play even in conservative circles?
Old 03-02-07, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by NCMojo
Does anyone think of Ann Coulter as anything more than a shrill bitch? Does her game still play even in conservative circles?
Sadly yes. She says what a lot of people think, but don't dare to say publicly. "Borat" showed us how many people think like her. "We hang homosexuals in my country!" "That's what we're trying to do here!"

Last edited by hahn; 03-02-07 at 10:46 PM.
Old 03-02-07, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

who cares what that bitch says??!!
Her partisan and bigot tripe is useless
Old 03-02-07, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Someone please defend her. I want to laugh.
Old 03-02-07, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Duran
No one will tacitly defend her. But I'm betting a good number of people are snickering at her calling Edwards a "faggot" and not at all against her saying it. There's still quite a bit of bigotry in this country. Unfortunately, Ann Coulter is neither alone, nor rare.
Old 03-02-07, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by VinVega
Ann Coulter is a shithead. It's pretty simple.
Ditto.

I'd be sent to a Pat Robertson rehab facility if I said she looked like a man in drag, so I can't really talk much about Ann. But I can say, if I were to say, she looked like a man in drag, she does a great job at it.

In fact, if I were to say these things, she could be the first person to run as both a female and male candidate for 2008.
Old 03-02-07, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live, Buffalo NY
go Anne, prove those liberals wrong when they say conservatives are hateful bigots
oh, wait
Old 03-02-07, 11:18 PM
X
Administrator

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei
I'd be sent to a Pat Robertson rehab facility if I said she looked like a man in drag, so I can't really talk much about Ann.
I'm not against finding out whether that is true or not.
Old 03-02-07, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Well, I don't think society needs more Pat Robertson Clones joining the Republican Party and telling them gays are going to hell and gays amazingly can't take care of children like the holy righteous straights do.
Old 03-03-07, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

i still dont know why this lady is famous
Old 03-03-07, 05:53 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Ann Coulter says so many things of downright baffling stupidity that I often get the feeling she's actually a liberal operative doing COINTELPRO in order to push people away from the Republican Party.

I swear... when was the last time she ever said anything that made a bit of sense?
Old 03-03-07, 06:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Video: http://hotair.com/archives/2007/03/02/thanks-ann/
Old 03-03-07, 07:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well to be fair she really didn't call him a faggot, it was just implied and a spoof of the Grey's Anatomy fiasco. Regardless I still think she is hot!
Old 03-03-07, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk God

The Bible admonishes me against calling anyone a fool.

I'm afraid I'll have to stray from the teachings of the Good Book concerning Ann Coulter.
Old 03-03-07, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Duran
I LOVE Ann Coulter! see, without her, you would never be able to tell if you've hit rock bottom!
Old 03-03-07, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I predict someday she'll have an Andrew Dice Clay-type public meltdown.
Old 03-03-07, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

[Dan Aykroyd] Ann you ignorant Slut [/Dan Aykroyd]

Dumb move Ann, dumb move.

Look, I won't defend her because there's nothing to defend. She called a man by a name that is <b>hurtful and hateful</b>. However I also realize that because of who she is, and who she SHILLS for, people will never forgive her or let her forget what she said...and rightly so.

But then again people like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton say things about Jews and whites; and other prominent Non-Whites make similar racist/anti-white comments in public and people seem to not only let them slide, they don't even require an apology or a "make good". Then they act like the public figure never made the racist comment....

Last edited by Giantrobo; 03-03-07 at 09:23 AM.
Old 03-03-07, 09:49 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
But then again people like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton say things about Jews and whites; and other prominent Non-Whites make similar racist/anti-white comments in public and people seem to not only let them slide, they don't even require an apology or a "make good". Then they act like the public figure never made the racist comment....
White guilt
Old 03-03-07, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk God

Is this what this campaign is going to be like for the next 20 months? If some radical commentator on the left makes some dumbass comment, every Democrat is going to be required to denounce it while every Republican is going to be required to denounce dumbass comments made radical commentators on the right. Pure silliness.
Old 03-03-07, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Red Dog
Is this what this campaign is going to be like for the next 20 months? If some radical commentator on the left makes some dumbass comment, every Democrat is going to be required to denounce it while every Republican is going to be required to denounce dumbass comments made radical commentators on the right. Pure silliness.
Uh... are any high-profile Republicans actually denouncing these remarks, or any of the other dumb-ass comments that Ann Coulter has made?

And wouldn't it be nice -- kind of refreshing, frankly -- if we simply had a campaign where each side equally denounced these radical commentators?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.