Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Aussie Mob Beating Cops and Arab Youths

Old 12-12-05, 07:17 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Aussie Mob Beating Cops and Arab Youths

What's the dilly yo?

From yahoo

By MIKE CORDER, Associated Press Writer
Mon Dec 12, 4:30 AM ET

SYDNEY, Australia - In one of Australia's worst outbursts of racial violence, thousands of drunken white youths attacked police and people they believed were of Arab descent at a Sydney beach, angered by reports that Lebanese youths had assaulted two lifeguards.

Young men of Arab descent retaliated in several Sydney suburbs, fighting with police and smashing 40 cars with sticks and bats, police said. Thirty-one people were injured and 16 were arrested in hours of violence Sunday.

The city was calm Monday, and police formed a strike force to track down the instigators, some of whom were believed to be from white supremacist groups. Police said they were also seeking an Arab man who allegedly stabbed a white man in the back.

Prime Minister John Howard condemned the violence, but said he did not believe racism was widespread in Australia.

"Attacking people on the basis of their race, their appearance, their ethnicity, is totally unacceptable and should be repudiated by all Australians irrespective of their own background and their politics," Howard said.

But he added: "I'm not going to put a general tag (of) racism on the Australian community."

Australia has long prided itself on accepting wave after wave of immigrants from Italians and Greeks after World War II to families fleeing political strife in the Middle East and Southeast Asia. In the last census in 2001, nearly a quarter of Australia's 20 million people said they were born overseas.

However, tensions between youngsters of Arabic descent and white Australians have been rising in recent years, largely because of anti-Muslim sentiment fueled by the Sept. 11, 2001 terror attacks in the United States and deadly bombings on the Indonesian island of Bali that killed 88 Australians in October 2002.

About 300,000 Muslims live in Australia, the majority in large cities.

"Arab Australians have had to cope with vilification, racism, abuse and fear of a racial backlash for a number of years, but these riots will take that fear to a new level," said Roland Jabbour, chairman of the Australian Arabic Council.

The riots apparently began after rumors circulated that youths of Lebanese descent were responsible for an attack last weekend on two lifeguards at Cronulla Beach. Police said the assault was not believed to be racially motivated.

Police had increased the number of officers patrolling the beach in the Sydney suburb on Sunday after cell phone text messages urged people to gather there to retaliate for the attack.

Police said more than 5,000 white youths, some wrapped in Australian flags and chanting racist slurs, fought with police, attacked people they believed to be of Arab descent and assaulted a pair of paramedics trying to help people escape the riot.

Police fought back with batons and pepper spray.

Many of the youths had been drinking heavily, police said.

One white teenager had the words "We grew here, you flew here" painted on his back. Someone had written "100 percent Aussie pride" in the sand. TV broadcasts showed a group of young women attacking another woman, whose ethnicity was not clear.

The violence shocked this city of 4 million which prides itself on being a cultural melting pot.

"What we have seen yesterday is something I thought I would never see in Australia and perhaps we have not seen in Australia in any of our life times and that is a mass call to violence based on race," Community Relations Commission chairman Stepan Kerkyasharian told Sky News.

"Our disgrace," said a front page headline in Sydney's Daily Telegraph. Below was a picture of white youths attacking a man who appeared to be of Arab descent on a train in Cronulla.

Keysar Trad, a prominent member of Sydney's Lebanese community, said he had spoken to one victim who was released from the hospital Monday and was urging for calm.

"He doesn't want any retaliation by anybody from a Middle Eastern background," Trad said. "He wants everyone to allow the rule of law to take its course, leave it to the police and he said he holds no grudges against anyone."

Morris Iemma, the premier of New South Wales state, said police would use video images and photographs to track down the instigators. "Let's be very clear, the police will be unrelenting in their fight against these thugs and hooligans," he said.

Cronulla, one of the few beaches in Sydney that is easily accessible by train, is often visited by youngsters from poorer suburbs, many of them of Arab descent. Residents accuse the youths of traveling in gangs and sometimes intimidating other beachgoers.

Cronulla is several miles south of iconic Sydney beaches like Bondi and is not a popular destination for foreign tourists.

Aborigines rioted in the Sydney neighborhood of Redfern in February 2004 after blaming police for the death of a 17-year-old boy. Forty police were wounded, eight of them hospitalized, in a nine-hour street battle with residents.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 12-12-05 at 07:20 AM.
Old 12-12-05, 09:14 AM
Banned

Oh Well, now Australia has to put up with Muslim related conflict!
Old 12-12-05, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Many of the youths had been drinking heavily, police said.
Australian beer.
Old 12-12-05, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I guess those Arabs were asking for it since they were terrorists, right guys?
Old 12-12-05, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Brain Stew
Exactly.
Old 12-12-05, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Who are you directing this comment at? I can only think of one person who visits here that it could apply to.

The good news is, this probably won't take off like it did in France.
Old 12-12-05, 11:01 AM
Banned

or never in America, except SF and DC
Armed nation baby!!
Old 12-12-05, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk God

Why did they have to point out that the youths were white? What kind of racism is that? I could understand if they were all 4 years old and in a steak house, or something. But there is no mention of that in the article.
Old 12-12-05, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Myster X
or never in America, except SF and DC
Armed nation baby!!
Um, we've had quite a few riots.
Old 12-12-05, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Eurabia and now Austrabia.

Old 12-12-05, 12:13 PM
Suspended

No, they were asking for it because over the past couple of years the Arabs/Muslims have been beating the shit out of white people in that area, saying that the beach is theirs etc. basically turning it into a crime ridden hell-hole. Needless to say, the cops never did anything about it because it would be raaaaaaaaacist. So the people are taking care of business themselves.
Old 12-12-05, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Nonhosonno
No, they were asking for it because over the past couple of years the Arabs/Muslims have been beating the shit out of white people in that area, saying that the beach is theirs etc. basically turning it into a crime ridden hell-hole. Needless to say, the cops never did anything about it because it would be raaaaaaaaacist. So the people are taking care of business themselves.
I don't remember reading any of that in the news article. My comment was tongue-in-cheek, somehow I don't think yours is.

Also, how can you support vigilante "justice"?
Old 12-12-05, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk God

I don't remember reading any of that in the news article. My comment was tongue-in-cheek, somehow I don't think yours is.

Also, how can you support vigilante "justice"?
Check, money order, or visa.
Old 12-12-05, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Kvrdave will be here all week folks. Remember to tip your waitress!
Old 12-12-05, 12:42 PM
Suspended

I support it when cops cant or wont do their jobs. Do more research, that area has been having trouble for years...groups of muslims raping girls, gangs of arabs beating up people at random etc. etc.

Nobody wanted to do anything about it because they dont want to be labeled 'raaaaaacist'....seems that the religion of diversity is more important than the rights of good people that would like to live in that area without getting killed because they're white. Same thing applies here in our own country, btw.
Old 12-12-05, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I searched through your previous posts so I can only assume that this "trouble" is only being reported by David Duke and Stormfront as well as other white "separatists."

EDIT: I realize I am jumping to conclusions, but I have to question someone's motivation when in the past they have said:
If separatism is based on believing that one race is superior over another, than yes its racist. However, if separatism is based on the preservation of a culture, then no its not racist.

I realize you feel its 'retarded' to care about 1000s of years of history go down the toilet but a lot of people would beg to differ.

Also, if you'll pay attention to the media, there is an obvious anti-white slant to almost everything. There is also a very anti-white enviroment in todays schools and universities.

Last edited by Brain Stew; 12-12-05 at 12:49 PM.
Old 12-12-05, 01:06 PM

Apparently this was started when a police officer said, "Back off. I've got a knife."

We can only speculate about what happened next.
Old 12-12-05, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Ovid
Apparently this was started when a police officer said, "Back off. I've got a knife."

I imagine somebody said: ooh...krikey.
Old 12-12-05, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Ovid

Only Aussie Special Forces can carry knives.
Old 12-12-05, 04:08 PM
Banned

I support it when cops cant or wont do their jobs. Do more research, that area has been having trouble for years...groups of muslims raping girls, gangs of arabs beating up people at random etc. etc.

Nobody wanted to do anything about it because they dont want to be labeled 'raaaaaacist'....seems that the religion of diversity is more important than the rights of good people that would like to live in that area without getting killed because they're white. Same thing applies here in our own country, btw.
He's RIGHT, you know!

Lebanese Muslims (not the Christians) do this in Australia. They come from their hopeless country as NOTHINGS, than they go to a country like Australia and think they own the streets. No different than Russians and other worthless Eastern Europeans in America, or Africans in Britain. These scum, bring their crime to the streets of our Western Countries, sell drugs, rape women, kidnap and so on.

There was a story earlier this year about a African MUSLIM who claimed asylum in Australia. You know what this piece of trash did? He raped five women within a week of being in Australia (I think the city was Melbourne). So this recent incident in Sydney is just another example of how Muslims have a knack of getting what they deserve!

I'm not defending white supremists, I dislike them as much as I do muslims, and frankly it would be good if the white supremists and the muslims get rid of each other.
Old 12-12-05, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Oh boy. Here we go again.
Old 12-12-05, 04:51 PM
Mod Emeritus

I don't remember reading any of that in the news article. ...
I agree that the article doesn't go that far, but it does passingly mention on-going problems...

Cronulla, one of the few beaches in Sydney that is easily accessible by train, is often visited by youngsters from poorer suburbs, many of them of Arab descent. Residents accuse the youths of traveling in gangs and sometimes intimidating other beachgoers.
So it may well be that this is something that has built up over time due to wrongs real or perceived.
Old 12-12-05, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Second night of riots hits Sydney

Violence triggered by race tensions has hit Sydney for a second night, with youths damaging cars and shops.
A reporter in the suburb of Cronulla, where dozens were arrested after riots on Sunday, described scenes of "chaos".

Police said carloads of people had come into the area from other parts of Sydney and committed violent acts.

Australian Prime Minister John Howard condemned the weekend's attacks by thousands of young white men on people of Arabic and Mediterranean background.

"We have shops damaged at Caringbah, cars damaged at Cronulla," said a spokesman for New South Wales police. "We have six arrests at this stage."

A reporter from the ABC national radio network said some of the people coming into Cronulla had carried out attacks on property.

'Bricks thrown'

At the nearby suburb of Brighton-Le-Sands, "a smaller crowd has thrown bricks and other objects at police cars and passing motorists", the reporter said.

Earlier in the evening police had confiscated iron bars from parks and the roofs of buildings at nearby Maroubra. Police believed they had been stored there by residents.

The ABC also reported police were monitoring cars travelling through the suburb of Rockdale, and large groups of people gathering in Punchbowl and Peakhurst.

Thousands of young white men attacked people of Arabic and Mediterranean background on Cronulla Beach on Sunday.

The fighting injured more than 30 people, including police officers, and at least 16 people were arrested.

The clashes follow an assault on two lifeguards last week, reportedly by youths of Middle Eastern origin.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/4521442.stm
Old 12-12-05, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Bellum
No different than Russians and other worthless Eastern Europeans in America, or Africans in Britain. These scum, bring their crime to the streets of our Western Countries, sell drugs, rape women, kidnap and so on.

Generalize much?
Old 12-12-05, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

To test his theory, I think we should kidnap Bellum, sedate him, and drop him buck naked at night in the middle of an arab neighborhood with a sign reading "I Hate Muslims!" around his neck.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.