Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Religion, Politics and World Events
Reload this Page >

Armitage admits he was Novak's source

Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Armitage admits he was Novak's source

Old 07-12-05, 03:37 PM
bhk
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Look up Pat Leahy.
Old 07-12-05, 03:59 PM
X
Administrator

Received 76 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
I'm kind of surprised there isn't pressure on the President to pardon the reporter that's currently sitting in jail because of all of this.
That would make it look like a coverup.
Old 07-12-05, 04:03 PM
bhk
DVD Talk Legend

Maybe if the reporter's wife donated millions of $.
Old 07-12-05, 04:04 PM
X
Administrator

The reporter is a woman, so that probably wouldn't sit well with the base.
Old 07-12-05, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
I'm kind of surprised there isn't pressure on the President to pardon the reporter that's currently sitting in jail because of all of this.
Why should he pardon her?

It was her decision.
Old 07-12-05, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by X
She can't be cooking for her husband and having babies while in jail now can she?
Old 07-12-05, 05:16 PM
Banned

If you have a clearance and divulge classified information to sources who do not have a need to know, you will immediately:

1) Lose your clearance
2) Lose your job
3) Be black-listed by the Government
4) Be prosecuted for any damages, up to treason

Of course, if the President of the United States happens to be your butt-buddy, you can shit on the American flag while snorting coke with Cuban hookers and still get your Haliburton kick-backs while holding a top position in the administration.

What a fucking joke.
Old 07-12-05, 05:47 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If you have a clearance and divulge classified information to sources who do not have a need to know, you will immediately
Actually the words of the agreement you sign say "may result" and "may constitute" so nothing is a given, esp w/o some sort of due process.

http://www.dss.mil/files/pdf/new_sf312.pdf para #4

Also notice in para#1 & 3 though the standard is pretty high regarding what should be told to whom. Again though both of these comments are more of an intellectual exercise when we are talking about people at this level (from either party)

Last edited by nemein; 07-12-05 at 06:03 PM.
Old 07-12-05, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by bhk
A lot of libs are obsessed with those that beat them like worn drums and move them out of power.

And yet according to many libs, convicted murderers just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time or had a tough upbringing.
and yet according to many conservatives, if you're rich and white (i.e. Ken Lay) you can do as you please
Old 07-12-05, 06:02 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
and yet according to many conservatives, if you're rich and white (i.e. Ken Lay) you can do as you please
I don't think that's a problem limited to cons or white people, the rich and powerful (of any political slant or creed/class/etc...) seem to think they are beyond reproach sometimes. Unfortunately given how our society is structured alot of times it is true since they have the money and power to get out of facing the consequences others of lower standing would have too. Not sure what (if anything) can be done about it though w/o a drastic overhaul of society, which would most likely bring about other undesirable/more dire consequences.
Old 07-12-05, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't think that's a problem limited to cons or white people, the rich and powerful (of any political slant or creed/class/etc...) seem to think they are beyond reproach sometimes. Unfortunately given how our society is structured alot of times it is true since they have the money and power to get out of facing the consequences others of lower standing would have too. Not sure what (if anything) can be done about it though w/o a drastic overhaul of society, which would most likely bring about other undesirable/more dire consequences.

This is one reason why I am upset with the conservative idea of "small government" which often translates into less restrictions on corporations (and oftentimes allowing them much more influence in the public policy process). Like they don't have enough power as it is! Its usually done in the name of efficiency I know, but often times profit overcomes public good in "corporate" rationale.
Old 07-12-05, 07:46 PM
Premium Member

Well I have to ask if Rove did nothing wrong why did he lie about it?
Old 07-12-05, 07:48 PM

Received 161 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by X

Yep. We only care about us 'rich' white males.

Let her rot.
Old 07-12-05, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk God

I don't believe anyone said he didn't do anything wrong.

The question is did he do anything that is illegal?
Old 07-12-05, 07:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bhk
Read the entire article, Rove never names her as an undercover agent. But what is interesting logic is that dems have leaked and given up names of real undercover agents in the past and the only thing that happened to them is that they were re-elected as a dem.
Name the case or cases. When did the dems out a undercover CIA agent, (putting her life and the people in various countries that worked with her) in retaliation for his or her spouse proving that the Dem's were lying in order to start a war.

Wilson proved that Bush and company lied about the "yellow cake". Then his wifes idenity was leaked. They did this to intimadate the press and other CIA agents, plain and simple. They tried to terrify lanyone who disagreed with the Bush lies.
Old 07-12-05, 07:57 PM
X
Administrator

Originally Posted by Pharoh
Yep. We only care about us 'rich' white males.

Let her rot.
I was responding to
Originally Posted by bhk
Maybe if the reporter's wife donated millions of $.
which would imply that she had a same-sex marriage.
Old 07-12-05, 07:59 PM
X
Administrator

Originally Posted by cinten
Wilson proved that Bush and company lied about the "yellow cake". Then his wifes idenity was leaked.
You might want to do some research on what the Senate intelligence committee report said about that.
Old 07-12-05, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by classicman2
I don't believe anyone said he didn't do anything wrong.

The question is did he do anything that is illegal?

The funny thing is that Rove, not Joe Wilson, was the one telling the truth.
Old 07-12-05, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by X
I was responding to
which would imply that she had a same-sex marriage.

You really should just let me wallow in my blissful ignorance.
Old 07-12-05, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by X
You might want to do some research on what the Senate intelligence committee report said about that.

You don't think that will do any good, do you?
Old 07-12-05, 08:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bhk
Look up Pat Leahy.
Are you making reference to when Cheney told Leahy to F off on the senate floor?
Old 07-12-05, 08:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by X

What more research do you want?

Are you talking about this Senate Intelligence report?

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/...in562312.shtml

"Claims about Saddam's weapons of mass destruction were a primary justification for the war, but U.S. forces have yet to find any such weapons. The House and Senate intelligence panels are looking into prewar intelligence on Iraq and how it was used by the Bush administration.

Mr. Bush said in his address to Congress in January that the British government had learned that Saddam recently sought significant quantities of uranium in Africa.

The president's statement in the State of the Union was incorrect because it was based on forged documents from the African nation of Niger, White House spokesman Ari Fleischer said Monday.

Wilson, a former U.S. ambassador to the West African nation of Gabon, was dispatched in February 2002 to explore whether Iraq tried to buy uranium from Niger.

Writing in a New York Times op-ed piece, Wilson said it did not take him long "to conclude that it was highly doubtful that any such transaction had ever taken place." "
Old 07-12-05, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Personally, I'm not really bothered by whether Rove is/isn't guilty, or should/shouldn't be punished. I don't really care, since it's already been quite obvious for years that he's an arrogant asshole. I don't need proof of it via his own admission of a lie.

I'm just HIGHLY amused to watch our administration squirm as they try to figure out how to get out of this hole they dug. I laugh everytime McClellan and Bush are quoted from last year, raging on about how they were gonna take down whoever was responsible for this. That this person would be "taken care of". That whoever was responsible would be "fired". Watching them backpedal and stammer about how they need to now define legality, is just a thing of beauty. Really. Just. Beautiful.

I have absolutely zero expectations that anything will happen to Rove. That's how low my expectations are of government now. But I sure will enjoy watching them sweat while they spin, spin, spin.
Old 07-12-05, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 152 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by joshd2012
If you have a clearance and divulge classified information to sources who do not have a need to know, you will immediately:

1) Lose your clearance
2) Lose your job
3) Be black-listed by the Government
4) Be prosecuted for any damages, up to treason

Of course, if the President of the United States happens to be your butt-buddy, you can shit on the American flag while snorting coke with Cuban hookers and still get your Haliburton kick-backs while holding a top position in the administration.

What a fucking joke.
Pretty much.
Old 07-12-05, 08:55 PM
X
Administrator

Originally Posted by cinten
What more research do you want?

Are you talking about this Senate Intelligence report?

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/...in562312.shtml[/I]
No. That's not the report, or anything near final. Keep googling.

Hint: it's big

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.