Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Bin Laden Now Has Religious Approval To Use Nuke

Old 11-12-04, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Bin Laden Now Has Religious Approval To Use Nuke

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash2.htm

i'm in the small minority that didn't see the absence of any more attacks in the last 3 yrs as evidence that we are 'safer' or that this President has done such an incredible job on our security.
i saw it more as our primary adversary (which is not the Iraqi insurgents) just lying low and working from his own time-table, not ours.

i really hope we're proved wrong 'cause there just won't be any satisfaction in saying 'i told you so'.

Last edited by ckolchak; 11-12-04 at 04:40 PM.
Old 11-12-04, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

And so it begins.
Old 11-12-04, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

so what begins?
Old 11-12-04, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Ruler

This changes nothing.
Old 11-12-04, 04:46 PM

Originally posted by Ranger
And so it begins.
How does it end?
Old 11-12-04, 04:52 PM
Banned

Let me see, this jerk-off murdered 3000+ people and didn't ask for religious approval. Now, he's seeking approval to use nuke. Is he a born again muslim?
Old 11-12-04, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by General Zod
This changes nothing.
only in the sense that before we thought we he would try to nuke, now we know he will- its a just a matter of time.

especially since he was looking pretty fit in his last video- and, frankly, i think the less belicose tone of this last missive was more ominous.
the calmness seemed, to me, to suggest someone that was supremely confident and who had everything lined up the way he wanted.

belicose ranting, otoh, would seem to indicate a certain level of frustration.
i.e any speech by Al Gore in the last couple of yrs

edited to add:
this bothers me for several reasons.
the confirmed information that he would even consult and discuss this with Islamic religious leaders indicates that even he understands the (moral & historical) gravity of it, and is obviously concerned how this will reflect on Islam.
and now he's been given the 'all clear'.

i find that very spooky.

Last edited by ckolchak; 11-12-04 at 05:08 PM.
Old 11-12-04, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by nemein
How does it end?
I reckon just before the man upstairs sends his boy down here.
Old 11-12-04, 05:00 PM

and here I thought someone named Ranger who gave a B5 quote would be able to pick up on the reference I guess I assume too much

Old 11-12-04, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Sorry. We've been having some comm problems.
Old 11-12-04, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Bin Laden Now Has Religious Approval To Use Nuke

Originally posted by ckolchak
i'm in the small minority that didn't see the absence of any more attacks in the last 3 yrs as evidence that we are 'safer' or that this President has done such an incredible job on our security.
49% is a minority, but it's not small.

- David Stein
Old 11-12-04, 05:08 PM

49% is a minority, but it's not small.
Does one necessarily have anything to do w/ the other? I voted for Bush but I agree w/ the OP that AQs usual pattern probably had about as much to do w/ the lack of attacks than anything else that has been done over the past 3 years.
Old 11-12-04, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If there's a nuke goes off here (God forbid), I believe this nation would no longer be divided, and band together for an all-out war against the Islamists.
Old 11-12-04, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

band together for an all-out war against the Islamists.
what does that mean?
there are 300 million Americans and over 1 billion muslims.
were you suggesting a retaliatory strike on Mecca?
dropping some daisy cutters on some Iraqi cities?
maybe we can invade Iran since Bin Laden sought the advice/absolution of Saudi clerics.

Last edited by ckolchak; 11-12-04 at 05:46 PM.
Old 11-12-04, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by nemein
Does one necessarily have anything to do w/ the other?
Because national security was probably <i>the</i> strongest issue in this election - whether or not the surveys reflect that feeling. But this thread isn't about that topic, so I'll refrain from writing more.

- David Stein
Old 11-12-04, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

what does that mean?
there are 300 million Americans and over 1 billion muslims.
were you suggesting a retaliatory strike on Mecca?
dropping some daisy cutters on some Iraqi cities?
maybe we can invade Iran since Bin Laden sought the advice/absolution of Saudi clerics.
There is a difference between Muslims and Islamists. However, Muslims and anyone else that support Islamists who have already declared war on the West or are sympathetic to their cause would be an enemy of ours. That should be clear now. Weeding them all out's the real trick.
Old 11-12-04, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Scheuer is a pretty good psychologist on OBL. I've been following his stuff for many years....and the nuclear threat thing has been around for a few years too. This is why we went into Iraq...

Eventually, a terrorist organization will obtain knowledge and the weapons to deliver a nuclear bomb to its target. It's just a matter of when, and how the target will respond.

This should be a clear warning to not just Americans, but Muslims living in America and anywhere in a modern society which preaches freedom instead of Islam.

If you're a Muslim in the US, you have officially been told to get out or suffer the consequences.

This kind of "Holy Justification" has been integrated into Islam and terrorism for hundreds, even thousands of years. Why Muslims think that coming to America will somehow free them of the symptoms of their religion in their homeland, and still permit them to practice it here on US soil, is kind of ignorant if you ask me.

We should also be aware that OBL may not be the actual leader of the group responsible for such an attack, and we need to think about other groups besides AQ.

It may be 5 years, 10 years, or even 20 years, until we have a nuclear explosion in the US, but if you simply follow the past 50 years of Islam dominance, you should very well know a nuclear incident is just a matter of time, and it will indeed happen.

What the US needs to collectively think about, is how we are going to respond. I think the US needs to publicly make a statement, where if one of our cities is harmed by a nuke, we will unconditionally and without warning, strike at any city(s) of similar size(s) in the Middle East.

The Middle East needs to start taking responsibility for their terrorist groups. They are homegrown, and this hatred of the West is because of their religion, not because of current events. These people are taught to hate others, and Middle Eastern countries should bare the responsibility and possibility, that if something major happens in the US, there may not be a Middle East. There may not be a Mecca, or a Medina, and it is easily within the US's power to make it a nuclear wasteland.
Old 11-12-04, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by DVD Polizei
What the US needs to collectively think about, is how we are going to respond. I think the US needs to publicly make a statement, where if one of our cities is harmed by a nuke, we will unconditionally and without warning, strike at any city(s) of similar size(s) in the Middle East.

The Middle East needs to start taking responsibility for their terrorist groups. They are homegrown, and this hatred of the West is because of their religion, not because of current events. These people are taught to hate others, and Middle Eastern countries should bare the responsibility and possibility, that if something major happens in the US, there may not be a Middle East. There may not be a Mecca, or a Medina, and it is easily within the US's power to make it a nuclear wasteland.
Old 11-12-04, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Iran and NK, the potential sellers of nuclear material go *poof*
Old 11-12-04, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by DVD Polizei
There may not be a Mecca, or a Medina, and it is easily within the US's power to make it a nuclear wasteland.
What will no Mecca cost U.S. taxpayers?
Old 11-12-04, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Thor Simpson
What will no Mecca cost U.S. taxpayers?
$1,400,000
Old 11-13-04, 12:35 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Nazgul
$1,400,000
[throws a quarter in the bucket]

Well, there's more than my share. Come on, people!
Old 11-13-04, 12:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

There is a difference between Muslims and Islamists. However, Muslims and anyone else that support Islamists who have already declared war on the West or are sympathetic to their cause would be an enemy of ours. That should be clear now. Weeding them all out's the real trick.
If someone asked you to weed out the extreme religious right in this country versus those who are merely religious, you think it could be done?
Old 11-13-04, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk God

only in the sense that before we thought we he would try to nuke, now we know he will- its a just a matter of time.
How was his tone in the video before 9/11?

Videos have never been an indication that an attack is about to happen.

And do you really think that prior to this he was playing by some rules? That's silly. nukes were never off the table with him. To believe that his "ethics" kept him from using them before is just blind.
Old 11-13-04, 12:49 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by hahn
If someone asked you to weed out the extreme religious right in this country versus those who are merely religious, you think it could be done?
I think it would be foolish not to try.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.