Religion, Politics and World Events They make great dinner conversation, don't you think? plus Political Film

Democrats Stoop To New Low (with links to back it up)

Old 10-13-04, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Democrats Stoop To New Low (with links to back it up)

http://www.drudgereport.com/
http://www.teamgop.org/
http://www.traditionalvalues.org/modules.php?sid=1951

Is that enough links ?

The party of the tolerant.
Old 10-13-04, 04:22 PM
bhk
DVD Talk Legend

Move along, nothing to see here.
Old 10-13-04, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Ruler

As far as the democrats are concerned in this election, there is no such thing as too low.

Edited :
Old 10-13-04, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by bhk
Move along, nothing to see here.
Don't forget to put a smiley face otherwise they will close this post too.
Old 10-13-04, 04:24 PM

A little better

http://www.teamgop.org/
Domain Innaccessable
This domain has been suspended or does not exist on this server, please contact your hosting provider.

http://www.traditionalvalues.org/modules.php?sid=1951
Tennessee Democrats Compare Republicans To Special Olympics Children

October 12, 2004 – Democrats in a race for a state House seat in District 82, are circulating a flyer that shows a retarded child with President Bush’s face running in a track race. The headline says: “Voting for Bush Is Like Running In The Special Olympics: Even If You Win, You’re Still Retarded.”

Click on Picture to Enlarge

The flyer is being distributed by Democrat Craig Fitzhugh. His opponent, Dave Dahl has issued a call to Fitzhugh to stop distributing the flyer.

According to Dahl, “Hard-ball politics is one thing and everyone expects tough battles, but using those who are born with mental disabilities for political fodder is disgusting.”

Dahl says the flyers have been distributed for at least two weeks from Fitzhugh’s campaign office in Ripley, Tennessee. It also serves as the Kerry-Edwards headquarters. “At first, I really did not believe that Fitzhugh and the Democrats would stoop to such gutter politics, but then people started bringing the flyer to me at the end of last week. I was shocked and disgusted.”

“This kind of reckless disregard for those who suffer from mental disabilities is much larger than any state representative race. This act is so atrocious and indecent that my campaign will be sending a copy of the Fitzhugh flyer to the United States Special Olympics Committee, the Special Olympics International Group and state and national advocacy groups who work with and support special needs children and adults.”

This most recent attack on Republicans as mentally handicapped is not new. On October 28, 1994, while in Virginia, then-Vice President Al Gore attacked Oliver North's Senate bid supporters as "the extreme right wing, the extra chromosome right wing." Advocates for those with Down's Syndrome, caused by an extra chromosome, were outraged.
Old 10-13-04, 04:25 PM

I've seen more than a few Otter Conservatives posting the original version of that pic for laughs. Suddenly, Bush's face is on it and everybody gets offended?
Old 10-13-04, 04:26 PM
Banned

Other than the Republican saying it is so...where exactly is the 'proof' this is coming from Democrats?
Old 10-13-04, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

And another: Wall Street Journal
If He Were Republican, This Would Be Hate Speech

A Tennessee state House member is distributing a flyer with the slogan "Voting for Bush is like running in the Special Olympics: Even if you win, you're still retarded," reports the Traditional Values Coalition. Republican challenger Dave Dahl says opponent, Democratic incumbent Chris Fitzhugh, has been passing out the flyers for two weeks from the Fitzhugh campaign office in Ripley, which also serves as the local headquarters for the Kedwards campaign, according to the coalition.

At first, I really did not believe that Fitzhugh and the Democrats would stoop to such gutter politics, but then people started bringing the flyer to me at the end of last week," Dahl says. "I was shocked and disgusted." Click on the image nearby to see a larger version.
So why was this thread taken down the first time?

Last edited by kenbuzz; 10-13-04 at 04:29 PM.
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by BottleBub
Other than the Republican saying it is so...where exactly is the 'proof' this is coming from Democrats?
since when is proof needed?
bhk
DVD Talk Legend

I've seen more than a few Otter Conservatives posting the original version of that pic for laughs. Suddenly, Bush's face is on it and everybody gets offended?
I've never seen that picture until I saw it on drudge. I've never seen the original picture here or elsewhere. What's offensive isn't that Bush's face is placed on that body.
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by kenbuzz

Good question.
Old 10-13-04, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Ruler

Originally posted by Groucho
You don't see a difference between posting that picture on here where we post all sort of things to get each other to laugh, from someone running for the house distributing flyers on the street with this? Please.
Old 10-13-04, 04:28 PM
Banned

Originally posted by kenbuzz

That's a link to the same traditionalvalues website...again, I ask where's the proof?
Old 10-13-04, 04:29 PM
bhk
DVD Talk Legend

Dahl says the flyers have been distributed for at least two weeks from Fitzhugh’s campaign office in Ripley, Tennessee. It also serves as the Kerry-Edwards headquarters.
Old 10-13-04, 04:30 PM
bhk
DVD Talk Legend

This most recent attack on Republicans as mentally handicapped is not new. On October 28, 1994, while in Virginia, then-Vice President Al Gore attacked Oliver North's Senate bid supporters as "the extreme right wing, the extra chromosome right wing." Advocates for those with Down's Syndrome, caused by an extra chromosome, were outraged.
Al Gore invented the extra chromosome.
Old 10-13-04, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

That's a link to the same traditionalvalues website...again, I ask where's the proof?
Whatchutalkinabout? Wall Street Journal and Traditional Values Coalition are distinct websites. Try again.
Banned

Let me ask....AGAIN...

Other than the Republican (that's Dahl) saying so...where's the proof?
DVD Talk Limited Edition

As previously said anything goes in this election for the Democrats.

Maybe one of the liberals in this forum will say it's wrong ?
Old 10-13-04, 04:32 PM

Because the original links (the GOP site mentioned above) gave the result I quoted above. It seemed to be just a trolling post so I locked it, w/ a note that if further poodle can be provided it would be reopened. Now that more info is out I think we'll let it run and see what happens.
Old 10-13-04, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Ruler

Originally posted by nemein
It seemed to be just a trolling post so I locked it, w/ a note that if further poodle can be provided it would be reopened. Now that more info is out I think we'll let it run and see what happens.
Further poodle?
Old 10-13-04, 04:36 PM

Someone could always email him and see what he has to say http://www.legislature.state.tn.us/h...embers/h82.htm

[email protected]
Old 10-13-04, 04:37 PM

Originally posted by General Zod
Further poodle?
Just a joke... it would seem on me though Up until recently someone left the rewrite in place so "I need more proof" was coming out "I need more poodle". I guess it's been removed now.
Old 10-13-04, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Struz
Maybe one of the liberals in this forum will say it's wrong ?
As a liberal, and the father of a one year old Downs baby, I'll say it. This is disgusting. I fucking hate that pic, and the "owned" pic that was photochopped from it.
Old 10-13-04, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Let me ask....AGAIN...

Other than the Republican (that's Dahl) saying so...where's the proof?
He got banned for this?
Old 10-13-04, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Ruler

Originally posted by nemein
Just a joke... it would seem on me though Up until recently someone left the rewrite in place so "I need more proof" was coming out "I need more poodle". I guess it's been removed now.
OK.. I gotta tell you.. That was crackin' me up. Should get entered into the otter lexicon next to moran. Where's the poodle?

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.