DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Other Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/other-talk-9/)
-   -   Anybody Else Stuck Working Today? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/other-talk/638543-anybody-else-stuck-working-today.html)

mhg83 12-26-16 09:53 AM

Anybody Else Stuck Working Today?

Due to X-Mas landing on a Sunday, the boss insisted we stay open today. Well surprise surprise it's dead today. I think the Government should make an exception that if Christmas lands on a Sunday make Monday X-mas day . :mad:

Jason 12-26-16 10:16 AM

Re: Anybody Else Stuck Working Today?

Off since Friday, going back January 2nd. Will be late that morning because of an appointment.

it's the most wonderful time of the year...

Bacon 12-26-16 10:19 AM

nope go back tomorrow thhrough Thursday then 4 more off. but they'll work the hell out of us the full week after NYD
they always do

milo bloom 12-26-16 10:43 AM

Yep. And it's dead.

Only good thing is that you can actually get work done without the silly customers bothering you.

We actually called our boss and he said we can take off early, otherwise we would have been billing lunch to the company so it's a cost savings.

D.Pham4GLTE (>60GB) 12-26-16 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by mhg83 (Post 12976025)
Due to X-Mas landing on a Sunday, the boss insisted we stay open today. Well surprise surprise it's dead today. I think the Government should make an exception that if Christmas lands on a Sunday make Monday X-mas day . :mad:

The Federal government does for the most part

** December 25, 2016 (the legal public holiday for Christmas Day), falls on a Sunday. For most Federal employees, Monday, December 26, will be treated as a holiday for pay and leave purposes. (See section 3(a) of Executive order 11582, February 11, 1971.)

Paff 12-26-16 12:06 PM

Well, in the other thread, you say you got an X-mas bonus. I'm a contract worker, so I get A. No X-mas bonus and B. No holiday pay (and my workplace is closed today)

kwityerbitchin

funkyryno 12-26-16 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Paff (Post 12976090)
Well, in the other thread, you say you got an X-mas bonus. I'm a contract worker, so I get A. No X-mas bonus and B. No holiday pay (and my workplace is closed today)

kwityerbitchin

Ditto. Although my workplace is open, so I can actually earn some money today. Oh the joys of being expendable ...

Bluelitespecial 12-26-16 01:04 PM

I go into work at 4:30 tonight, I don't know if I will be there until 3AM but we will see.

VHS? 12-26-16 01:06 PM

I went in last night at 8:30 got home at 7:30 this morning. Do it again tonight.

Giantrobo 12-26-16 01:22 PM

Working. But will leave early. I love workings Holidays. Freeways are clear, the building is clear, so WIN WIN.

jfoobar 12-26-16 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by D.Pham4GLTE (>60GB) (Post 12976058)
** December 25, 2016 (the legal public holiday for Christmas Day), falls on a Sunday. For most Federal employees, Monday, December 26, will be treated as a holiday for pay and leave purposes. (See section 3(a) of Executive order 11582, February 11, 1971.)

I would be rather surprised if most, if not all, state governments do pretty much the same thing.

I know the Virginia DMVs were closed both Friday and today, but I don't know if that applies to all of Virginia government offices or not.

davidh777 12-26-16 01:43 PM

I started working (from home) Friday then realized everyone else was off. :lol: Of course I hadn't worked ahead so I still needed to put in a few hours. :( Off today, though.

TomOpus 12-26-16 01:44 PM

Nope

Nick Danger 12-26-16 01:59 PM

No, but only because Monday is my weekend. The Sunday-to-Wednesday shift is at work today.

D.Pham4GLTE (>60GB) 12-27-16 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by jfoobar (Post 12976126)
I would be rather surprised if most, if not all, state governments do pretty much the same thing.

I know the Virginia DMVs were closed both Friday and today, but I don't know if that applies to all of Virginia government offices or not.

According to Virginia dhrm, the 26th is a state holiday.

http://www.dhrm.virginia.gov/docs/default-source/default-document-library/payandholidaycalendar2016.pdf?sfvrsn=0

The Questyen 12-27-16 10:53 AM

Both the 26th and January 2nd are state holidays here.

story 12-27-16 11:25 AM

Yesterday? No. Today? Sure. From home!

Abob Teff 12-27-16 12:37 PM

Not yesterday, but back for a public meeting today then off till next Tuesday. I was off for the same period last year, but ended up working due to the weather. This year it looks clear, but I'm still on call.

mike45 12-27-16 03:04 PM

I am.