Reload this Page >

So Cal Law Enforcement on Cop Killer Manhunt...Cops on Edge. [Update: DEAD]

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 02-07-13, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

This Former Cop went off the deep end and is HUNTING Cops. He has been linked to the murder of the couple in Irvine.

online photo storage

Cops are on EDGE in So Cal and 3 people have already been shot for just having pick up trucks similar to the Murderer. If you're a Cop in So Cal...be careful. If you're a civilian...especially with a Pick up truck...watch out for scared cops.

Massive Manhunt for Cop Killer

Part of the story below, the rest at the link....

RIVERSIDE (CBSLA.com) — Authorities were on a manhunt Thursday for a former cop suspected of killing a Riverside police officer and critically injuring another.

Police were searching Thursday for 33-year-old Christopher Dorner, a former Los Angeles Police Department officer, after he was named a suspect Wednesday night in a double homicide in Irvine.

Authorities said the officers were stopped at a red light while on routine patrol around 1:30 a.m. Thursday when someone shot them.

“Two of our officers were involved in a shooting at the intersection of Arlington and Magnolia. Both officers were shot and transported to a local hospital. One was pronounced dead, the other one is currently in surgery and is in critical condition,” Officer Bryan Galbreath told KNX 1070.

The suspect is believed to be involved in another officer-involved shooting that took place around 1:45 a.m. LAPD officers from the Newton division were following the suspect’s vehicle in Corona when the shooting took place near the Magnolia Avenue exit off the northbound Interstate 15.

“The suspect was out of his vehicle immediately with a shoulder weapon and started to shoot at the officers. The officers took cover, returned fire, both officers. One of our officers was grazed during that incident. The other officer is uninjured,” an LAPD spokesperson said. “He was treated here at the scene and released at the scene.”

Dorner is suspected in the murders of Monica Quan, 28, and her 27-year-old fiancé Keith Lawrence Sunday.

The couple was found fatally shot inside Lawrence’s Kia in the parking garage of their Irvine condo complex.

Authorities believe Dorner, a former U.S. Navy reservist, targeted the daughter of Capt. Randy Quan, in what police are calling a revenge killing.

Quan, who is now a retired LAPD officer, represented Dorner in a case that ultimately led to his termination for making false statements against another officer in 2008. He was hired by LAPD in early 2005.

KNX 1070′s Claudia Peschiutta reports the suspect posted a 20-page manifesto on Facebook saying, “I never had the opportunity to have a family of my own, I’m terminating yours.”
Old 02-07-13, 11:58 AM

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts
Re: So Cal Law Enforcement on Cop Killer Manhunt...Cops on Edge. YOU May be Shot.

I'm not sure what part of this story is crazier...the killer or the over-zealous manhunt.
Old 02-07-13, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Re: So Cal Law Enforcement on Cop Killer Manhunt...Cops on Edge. YOU May be Shot.

This is what I wake up to. I live close to the 15 freeway and there are cops zipping around everywhere. Looks like I'm staying home today.
Old 02-07-13, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm confident he'll soon be dead - and he should be. Fuck a trial.
Old 02-07-13, 12:22 PM

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Tarantino View Post
I'm confident he'll soon be dead - and he should be. Fuck a trial.
Yes, because the penalty for mental illness should be death. Screw due process.
Old 02-07-13, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

How about these innocent people...3! of them shot by trigger happy cops!

They are going to be paying out some cash to these people.
Old 02-07-13, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by wendersfan View Post
Yes, because the penalty for mental illness should be death. Screw due process.
No, because the penalty for murder should be death.
Old 02-07-13, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It's like Ivy in 'Deep Cover' out there huh?

Wild wild west motherfuckers!
Old 02-07-13, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

The manifesto was a very long read and made no sense.
Old 02-07-13, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

There's a manifesto involved?

Son of a bitch!
Old 02-07-13, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by devilshalo View Post
The manifesto was a very long read and made no sense.
Have you ever read a manifesto that made sense?
Old 02-07-13, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
Have you ever read a manifesto that made sense?
His own.
Old 02-07-13, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr Mabuse View Post
There's a manifesto involved?

Son of a bitch!
Yeeeees. He NAME NAMES of Good and BAD cops.

The cops that shot at Civies here in Torrance were protecting the home of a Cop he named.

He was let go from LAPD because they claim he lied on another cop who he said kicked someone. The girl killed in Irvine was the daughter of guy who defended him in that case. He claimed that guy was in on the cover up.
Old 02-07-13, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Giantrobo View Post
Cops are on EDGE in So Cal and 3 people have already been shot for just having pick up trucks similar to the Murderer. If you're a Cop in So Cal...be careful. If you're a civilian...especially with a Pick up truck...watch out for scared cops.
Been following this and kinda freaked out about the women getting shot because their truck "resembled" the one they're looking for. So does mine!! Same color as theirs!! And obviously, the fact that I look nothing like the guy the cops are after has no bearing on whether they'll shoot or not! Fuck!
Old 02-07-13, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

This is going to make a crazy movie some day, and an interesting Law & Order episode in about three months.
Old 02-07-13, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Just trying to clear his name? I've seen this movie a few times.
Old 02-07-13, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by majorjoe23 View Post
This is going to make a crazy movie some day
Oddly, it will be entitled The Smurfs 3.
Old 02-07-13, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 126 Likes on 97 Posts

Yeah, that murder in Irvine was weird, but who knew it would lead to this. And one guy said that he was driving a similar looking truck to the suspect's vehicle, and they told him to turn around, and while he was driving away they still shot at him. They also found his wallet abandoned in San Diego, and for some reason there's some search going on at a military base near there.
Old 02-07-13, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was wondering what the freeway signs saying to call 911 if you spot the Nissan Titan was about. Also, the police cars parked on the side of the freeway by every other off-ramp was a little strange. Hope they catch him soon, although being an ex-cop, he probably knows a little better on how to avoid the police.
Old 02-07-13, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Giantrobo View Post
T
Part of the story below, the rest at the link....

RIVERSIDE (CBSLA.com) — Authorities were on a manhunt Thursday for a former cop suspected of killing a Riverside police officer and critically injuring another.

“The suspect was out of his vehicle immediately with a shoulder weapon and started to shoot at the officers. The officers took cover, returned fire, both officers. One of our officers was grazed during that incident. The other officer is uninjured,” an LAPD spokesperson said. “He was treated here at the scene and released at the scene.”

What's a "shoulder weapon"? Are they simply referring to a rifle? Are there other weapons besides rifles that would be referred to as a "shoulder weapon"?
Old 02-07-13, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
I'm not sure what part of this story is crazier...the killer or the over-zealous manhunt.
I'm gonna go with the latter.
Old 02-07-13, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Ash Ketchum View Post
What's a "shoulder weapon"? Are they simply referring to a rifle? Are there other weapons besides rifles that would be referred to as a "shoulder weapon"?
Bazooka?
Old 02-07-13, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Ash Ketchum View Post
I think they identified it as an assault rifle.
Old 02-07-13, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Link to the manifesto?
Old 02-07-13, 01:44 PM

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Tarantino View Post
Link to the manifesto?
http://bit.ly/Ydvcb5

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.