Reload this Page >

Texas judge caught on video beating daughter

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 11-01-11, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This happened back in 2004, but the daughter (who has cerebral palsy) just posted this today.

Warning - VERY hard to watch.

Dude is good and fucked.
Old 11-02-11, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Texas judge caught on video beating daughter

Jeez, I can see spanking her a little bit or better yet, take the computer away but using a belt? WTF?
Old 11-02-11, 12:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Wow. I can't believe I actually watched that entire video. That's really fucked up.

I'd like to know more of the story. Why did she wait 7 years to post the video?
Old 11-02-11, 12:38 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I watched this earlier today. Very hard to sit through. Reminded me a lot of how we used to get yelled at a kids.

Hoping that this blows up in this guys face in a big way. The girl is like 23 now so I don't know what anyone can do though.
Old 11-02-11, 12:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Call me crazy, but the girl obviously knew that this was being recorded since she set up the camera. While the parents were wrong to use the belt, how much of what she was doing was acting for the camera? Look how calm she is after the parents leave.

The parents were out of line of course, but I think that she was pushing their buttons on purpose to get a nice video for whatever reason (2004 was pre-Youtube, right?)
Old 11-02-11, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Heat View Post
Call me crazy, but the girl obviously knew that this was being recorded since she set up the camera. While the parents were wrong to use the belt, how much of what she was doing was acting for the camera? Look how calm she is after the parents leave.

The parents were out of line of course, but I think that she was pushing their buttons on purpose to get a nice video for whatever reason (2004 was pre-Youtube, right?)

Let's say she enjoyed it, that still doesn't change the fact that someone with that much anger and agression towards their child is fucked up.
Old 11-02-11, 12:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Call me crazy, but the girl obviously knew that this was being recorded since she set up the camera.
From what I've read on other sites she was a tech head. If my parents were beating the shit out of me I'd be inclined to get evidence of it, too.

While the parents were wrong to use the belt, how much of what she was doing was acting for the camera? Look how calm she is after the parents leave.
How is that in any way relevant?

Teenagers have been pushing their parents buttons forever. That doesn't make it OK for the parents to beat them like that. And you have a strange definition of "nice video."

The daughter posted on another site that her mother has since left her father because she, too, was abused.
Old 11-02-11, 01:12 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Take it like a grown women? Like a 16 year old? That's fucking sick. And the fact that she has cerebal palsy . . . just sick.
Old 11-02-11, 01:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

He's running for reelection as a judge, and I guess he's been a pretty shady judge for a while now, and this is the daughter's attempt at keeping him from getting reelected.
Old 11-02-11, 02:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
He's running for reelection as a judge, and I guess he's been a pretty shady judge for a while now, and this is the daughter's attempt at keeping him from getting reelected.
Wow revenge is sweet.
Old 11-02-11, 02:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Here's what she wrote on the page of the video:

2004: Aransas County Court-At-Law Judge William Adams took a belt to his own teenage daughter as punishment for using the internet to acquire music and games that were unavailable for legal purchase at the time. She has had ataxic cerebral palsy from birth that led her to a passion for technology, which was strictly forbidden by her father's backwards views. The judge's wife was emotionally abused herself and was severely manipulated into assisting the beating and should not be blamed for any content in this video. The judge's wife has since left the marriage due to the abuse, which continues to this day, and has sincerely apologized and repented for her part and for allowing such a thing, long before this video was even revealed to exist. Judge William Adams is not fit to be anywhere near the law system if he can't even exercise fit judgement as a parent himself. Do not allow this man to ever be re-elected again. His "judgement" is a giant farce. Signed, Hillary Adams, his daughter.
Old 11-02-11, 02:51 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

We had seven kids in our family and every one of us got my Dad's belt at one time or another. Some more than others. We always felt lucky if we didn't get the buckle end. My Dad was a Master Sergeant in the Army, and I can still hear the sound of that brass buckle coming undone. I'll probably have nightmares tonight.
Old 11-02-11, 04:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
It's Texas. This will probably help him get reelected with all of the bible thumping dumbfucks down there.
Old 11-02-11, 07:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Max Bottomtime View Post
We had seven kids in our family and every one of us got my Dad's belt at one time or another. Some more than others. We always felt lucky if we didn't get the buckle end. My Dad was a Master Sergeant in the Army, and I can still hear the sound of that brass buckle coming undone. I'll probably have nightmares tonight.
Yeah but did he beat you and humiliate you for 7 minutes straight?
Old 11-02-11, 07:48 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man View Post
It's Texas. This will probably help him get reelected with all of the bible thumping dumbfucks down there.
If he doesn't, does that make you the judgmental dumbfuck? Let's see how the election goes.
Old 11-02-11, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I blame Obama.
Old 11-02-11, 08:59 AM

Almost as shocking as the video are all the people in this thread jumping to his defense. "Bitch set him up!"
Old 11-02-11, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

'crazy' probably isn't the right word that I'm looking to call you
Old 11-02-11, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Really, you're using that stereotype when you yourself live in the epicenter of bible thumping dumbfucks?

Since we're stereotyping, I've got questions as someone who's never been (nor plans to) go to the "Bible Belt": How many empty cans of Busch Light are all over your decaying front porch? What's your instrument of choice, a banjo or harmonica? Which one of your 10 sisters did you take to the prom? Instead of The Great Gatsby, do high schoolers read Green Eggs and Ham in the Bible Belt? Is agriculture the only major that colleges in the Bible Belt offer? When's the next Klan meeting? More importantly, when's the next NASCAR race? What's for dinner, squirrel or racoon? Does everyone drive a truck from the 70's or a Harley?

Stereotyping is fun
Old 11-02-11, 09:31 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Ha, I found this 2010 thread on Google.

http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=134231

Basically shows what kind of person the judge is as a judge as well. The newly added comments are a nice touch.
Old 11-02-11, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Old 11-02-11, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by whoopdido View Post
Yeah but did he beat you and humiliate you for 7 minutes straight?
Sometimes longer. If we cried we got more belting. We had to say Yes Sir and No Sir. If we ever said yes or no we got spanked again. I remembergetting the belt to the back of my legs once when I was six. I had red lines for days. All because I tried to scare my brother. Ah, family fun memories.
Old 11-02-11, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Osiris3657 View Post
Really, you're using that stereotype when you yourself live in the epicenter of bible thumping dumbfucks?

Since we're stereotyping, I've got questions as someone who's never been (nor plans to) go to the "Bible Belt": How many empty cans of Busch Light are all over your decaying front porch? What's your instrument of choice, a banjo or harmonica? Which one of your 10 sisters did you take to the prom? Instead of The Great Gatsby, do high schoolers read Green Eggs and Ham in the Bible Belt? Is agriculture the only major that colleges in the Bible Belt offer? When's the next Klan meeting? More importantly, when's the next NASCAR race? What's for dinner, squirrel or racoon? Does everyone drive a truck from the 70's or a Harley?

Stereotyping is fun
I need to get a t-shirt that says "I messed with Texas and all I got was a hissy fit."
Old 11-02-11, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Sorry to stereotype. But humanity is trash. Most people are disgusting and toxic to their cores. Everyone submits to ego and/or personal failure. Like the good judge, you can turn to politics to ease the pain.
Old 11-02-11, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I need to get a t-shirt that says "I messed with Texas and all I got was a hissy fit."
Well, she's lucky she wasn't executed. It is Texas, afterall (cue audience applause).

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.