Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

The Royal Wedding: Do You Care (live coverage starts at 4am)

Other Talk "Otterville"

The Royal Wedding: Do You Care (live coverage starts at 4am)

Old 04-29-11, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 161 Likes on 123 Posts
Re: The Royal Wedding: Do You Care (live coverage starts at 4am)

Despite Princess Beatrice's Cthulhu hat (aka "the thing cannot be described") making a valiant effort and the cartwheeling priest of Westminster Abbey putting in a brave showing, 3-year-old bridesmaid Grace Van Cutsem is hands-down the royal wedding meme to rule the Internet.

As newlyweds Wills and Kate shared an uncomfortable micro-kiss from the Buckingham Palace balcony, the roar of the adoring crowd proved to be a bit much for little Grace, who will no doubt live down her new meme moniker, the "Frowning Flower Girl" well into her senior years.

Old 04-29-11, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,393 Likes on 1,004 Posts

Originally Posted by MartinBlank View Post
Take the whole thing, luv. Let's see what the old grey-haired bitch thinks of this. Maybe she'll drop dead and I'll finally get to sit on that fucking throne.
Old 04-30-11, 01:25 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Lounging on the beach in L.A., frappucino in hand...
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FlickMan View Post
Proud to be missing this. As an American I wouldnt even waste my time watching a President get married if that were to ever happen. Simply dont care...marriage to me is slavery, been there done that twice...tiny good moments overshadowed by B.S
Wow, just wow.... Bitter, party of one?

<br>
Old 04-30-11, 01:26 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Lounging on the beach in L.A., frappucino in hand...

Originally Posted by Sonny Corinthos View Post
Despite Princess Beatrice's Cthulhu hat (aka "the thing cannot be described") making a valiant effort and the cartwheeling priest of Westminster Abbey putting in a brave showing, 3-year-old bridesmaid Grace Van Cutsem is hands-down the royal wedding meme to rule the Internet.

As newlyweds Wills and Kate shared an uncomfortable micro-kiss from the Buckingham Palace balcony, the roar of the adoring crowd proved to be a bit much for little Grace, who will no doubt live down her new meme moniker, the "Frowning Flower Girl" well into her senior years.

Is that for real? That poor kid, she's never going to live it down.

<br>
Old 04-30-11, 05:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 117 Likes on 83 Posts

As they drove away in the Aston Martin I couldn't help thinking of the end of On Her Majesty's Secret Service.
Old 04-30-11, 06:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 161 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by shoppingbear View Post
Is that for real? That poor kid, she's never going to live it down.

<br>
Yep, that's real. I didn't notice her until someone pointed it out to me. This will follow her the rest of her life.
Old 04-30-11, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Am I the only one that thinks it's kind of funny that so much was made of this wedding and it's definitely possible that William never even gets to become king? The Queen is 85 and apparently many in her family have lived to be over 100 so just say she lives another 20 years. Charles is like 60 so he'd take over at 80 and say he lives for 20 years. That's another 40 years which would make William 70. I know I just was talking about his father and grandmother living past 100 but it still wouldn't be a 100% guarantee that William will live to see 70. Long live King Harry.
Old 04-30-11, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Not King Harry if they have kids, he gets pushed back a slot, for everyone they have.
Old 04-30-11, 04:58 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by shoppingbear View Post
Wow, just wow.... Bitter, party of one?

<br>
Im not bitter...some say Im a pessimist when it comes to marriage....I say, a pessimist is nothing more than a optomist with experience
Old 04-30-11, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by whoopdido View Post
Am I the only one that thinks it's kind of funny that so much was made of this wedding and it's definitely possible that William never even gets to become king? The Queen is 85 and apparently many in her family have lived to be over 100 so just say she lives another 20 years. Charles is like 60 so he'd take over at 80 and say he lives for 20 years. That's another 40 years which would make William 70. I know I just was talking about his father and grandmother living past 100 but it still wouldn't be a 100% guarantee that William will live to see 70. Long live King Harry.
Death is not the only factor that can lead to William becoming king. The Queen can quit any time, and Charles can choose not to accept the job when she's gone.
Old 05-01-11, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MoviePage View Post
Don't forget his 30-inch penis, which grows out of the top of his foot.
Old 05-01-11, 09:36 AM
Banned

Location: Conducting miss-aisle drills and listening to their rock n roll
Received 166 Likes on 125 Posts

I didn't watch it, but what celebrities were there? I heard Elton John was there. Was McCartney there? Sting? Peter Gabriel?
Old 05-01-11, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

^Posh Spice or Victoria Beckham based on the photo I saw.
Old 05-01-11, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Mabuse View Post
I didn't watch it, but what celebrities were there? I heard Elton John was there. Was McCartney there? Sting? Peter Gabriel?
I stopped in at my parents house for a couple minutes and they were watching it on TiVo so I watched for a bit. I was expecting a bunch of celebrities too, but they showed Elton John a few times and my mom said the Beckham's were there, but while I was watching I never saw them. Honestly, the only celebrity I saw was Elton John...unless you count all the royals as celebrities.
Old 05-01-11, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 674 Likes on 425 Posts

Here are a bunch of photos of arriving guests along with an article inexplicably attacking David and Victoria Beckham:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...l-Wedding.html

Kudos to Samantha Cameron, the wife of the PM, for being one of the few women there who didn't dress like an idiot.

In a day seemingly filled with absolutely ridiculous women's hats, the previously-mentioned Princess Beatrice (right) takes the cake:

Old 05-01-11, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,695 Likes on 1,125 Posts

Originally Posted by jfoobar View Post
...along with an article inexplicably attacking David and Victoria Beckham:
yeah, WTF? Aside from the fact that it was a little strange that David never wore his top hat (and really, who could blame him) they looked just as good, if not better, than everyone else. The entire first half of that article seems to have been written for the sole purpose of insulting the Beckhams as much as possible.
Old 05-01-11, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

I'm sure Princess Beatrice was just trying to steal Kate's thunder by showing up in that f'ing ridiculous hat. Payback for Fergie not getting an invite.
Old 05-02-11, 07:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ View Post
yeah, WTF? Aside from the fact that it was a little strange that David never wore his top hat (and really, who could blame him) they looked just as good, if not better, than everyone else. The entire first half of that article seems to have been written for the sole purpose of insulting the Beckhams as much as possible.

Written by a woman. No wonder it was so damn catty.

However, no sane person could ever think wearing that hat worn by the Beatrice woman was a good idea.

Looks like Rowan Atkinson (Mr. Bean) and Joss Stone attended the wedding too.
Old 05-02-11, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 136 Likes on 94 Posts

April 27, 2011
Covering The Royal Wedding

The media is going to great lengths to cover the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton this Friday, with CNN alone dedicating 125 reporters to the event. Here are some of the extremes media outlets are undertaking:

* National Geographic: Placing two teams of cameramen in blinds outside Westminster Abbey for three months, waiting to get that perfect shot of the nesting pair
* New York Post: Shoe mirrors to see who Middleton is wearing, panty-wise
* The Sun: Having an anonymous source plant an alien inside the reception, hiring a translator to find out what it experienced
* 60 Minutes: Sending a blond-bewigged Morley Safer through security as Camilla Parker Bowles
* BBC: Using its TARDIS to materialize inside the security perimeter
* Dateline NBC: Erecting a decoy abbey right next to Westminster and ambush-interviewing whichever guests mistakenly walk in
* Agence-France Presse: Sending a correspondent to Calais with a telescope to confirm that the boorish English and their cloud-condemned island are still there
* Cat Fancy: Four-part series on the growing irrelevance of the British royalty and its long-term effect on the working class
http://www.theonion.com/articles/cov...-wedding,20199