Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Is there no respect for us old bastards?

Old 05-20-19, 05:58 PM
  #201  
DVD Talk Legend
 
LurkerDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: The People's Republic of Boulder
Posts: 21,955
Re: Is there no respect for us old bastards?

Originally Posted by Navinabob View Post
You say that without even a hint if apology or sincerity. So by "both sides" you mean from her first? As for what's your "MO", I'm pretty we are getting a good picture of it right now.
Based on your post, I am pretty sure you aren't. How do you even know who should apologize, and for what? But hey, knock yourself out deciding you know what went on between people some 15 years ago, based on one person's "I'm going to tell you why you should all feel bad for me" story.
LurkerDan is offline  
Old 05-20-19, 06:02 PM
  #202  
DVD Talk Hero
 
El Scorcho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 39,628
Re: Is there no respect for us old bastards?

Originally Posted by happycamper View Post
there's two sides to every story and she's posting as if she is taking no responsibility for her part in any of it. So yes, some acknowledgement that i'm not an asshat or harrassing her just for shits and giggles would be super. And then perhaps she might get an apology. But she also never apologized for anything she said or did to anyone or took any responsibility and is still coming in playing victim and i'm not sure why if she's over it. I'm not the one who came in bringing it up and dragging peoples names through the dirt so i'm actually curious.

And please, go ahead and assume you know me or anything about me.
a/s/l?
El Scorcho is offline  
Old 05-20-19, 06:10 PM
  #203  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: California
Posts: 7,726
Re: Is there no respect for us old bastards?

ha i feel sorry for all y'all who aren't part of misfit island where it's nothing but non-stop orgies and fried chicken. suck it, losers!
Lethal Nemesis is offline  
Old 05-20-19, 06:12 PM
  #204  
DVD Talk Legend
 
LurkerDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: The People's Republic of Boulder
Posts: 21,955
Re: Is there no respect for us old bastards?

Originally Posted by Lethal Nemesis View Post
ha i feel sorry for all y'all who aren't part of misfit island where it's nothing but non-stop orgies and fried chicken. suck it, losers!
Thanks for being our bottom!
LurkerDan is offline  
Old 05-20-19, 06:34 PM
  #205  
DVD Talk Hero
 
TomOpus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 33,381
Re: Is there no respect for us old bastards?

Originally Posted by HistoryProf View Post
Yeah, life has a way of beating us to hell and back. I often wonder how many people from here and other virtual worlds I've inhabited in 2 decades have passed on.

If nothing else it illustrates the complete inanity of the specious thread hijack going on in here.
I know of three from here. Just recently classicman2 passed.
TomOpus is offline  
Old 05-20-19, 06:37 PM
  #206  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: US
Posts: 9,629
Re: Is there no respect for us old bastards?

well this is something..
Dave99 is offline  
Old 05-20-19, 06:50 PM
  #207  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: At the beach
Posts: 6,091
Re: Is there no respect for us old bastards?

Originally Posted by HistoryProf View Post
Yeah, life has a way of beating us to hell and back. I often wonder how many people from here and other virtual worlds I've inhabited in 2 decades have passed on.

If nothing else it illustrates the complete inanity of the specious thread hijack going on in here.
yes, getting old sucks and i agree with the sentiment about this thread. sad to come in and find people talking and dragging up shit from 18 years ago.

my lack of care or concern comes from spending the past year battling breast cancer at the same time as my mother. so perspective being what it is, i really dont care about any of it. but i see the lack of respect still exists.
happycamper is offline  
Old 05-20-19, 06:56 PM
  #208  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Formerly known as "brizz"/kck
Posts: 23,425
Re: Is there no respect for us old bastards?

Originally Posted by TomOpus View Post
I know of three from here. Just recently classicman2 passed.
Aw shit. He was a good guy.
HistoryProf is offline  
Old 05-20-19, 08:07 PM
  #209  
Enormous Genitals
 
Bandoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Posts: 33,001
Re: Is there no respect for us old bastards?

WhoGirl, I like you but I donít understand the point of this. Iím friends with just about everyone involved in the events from those many years ago, and I donít see how reopening those old wounds helps anyone.
Bandoman is offline  
Old 05-20-19, 08:33 PM
  #210  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Preacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: outside Toronto, Canada
Posts: 6,917
Re: Is there no respect for us old bastards?

Originally Posted by Lethal Nemesis View Post
ha i feel sorry for all y'all who aren't part of misfit island where it's nothing but non-stop orgies and fried chicken. suck it, losers!
It has been awhile. The software seems familiar.
I still support orgies and fried chicken.
Preacher is offline  
Old 05-20-19, 08:35 PM
  #211  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Preacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: outside Toronto, Canada
Posts: 6,917
Re: Is there no respect for us old bastards?

Originally Posted by happycamper View Post
yes, getting old sucks and i agree with the sentiment about this thread. sad to come in and find people talking and dragging up shit from 18 years ago.

my lack of care or concern comes from spending the past year battling breast cancer at the same time as my mother. so perspective being what it is, i really dont care about any of it. but i see the lack of respect still exists.
*biggest hug*
Preacher is offline  
Old 05-20-19, 09:02 PM
  #212  
Premium Member
 
The Cow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Grazing in a field somewhere...
Posts: 20,824
Re: Is there no respect for us old bastards?

Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
It has been awhile. The software seems familiar.
I still support orgies and fried chicken.
And crayons!
The Cow is offline  
Old 05-20-19, 09:48 PM
  #213  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: At the beach
Posts: 6,091
Re: Is there no respect for us old bastards?

What I find even more interesting is that she brought this all up out of the blue, refuses to comment here, but can continue to talk about me in the closed FB group where she states she's not surprised that I still won't accept responsibility for my actions. Yet neither has she, then or now. The difference here is im not bringing it up for some strange reason that I'm still rather curious about. In response to my battle with breast cancer, she tries to one up with her own personal story in the FB group. Really?

Perhaps the mods never took action because you were just as much an instigator and just as responsible and played your own part.
​​​​​
You can all jump on the whogirl bandwagon and assume that she's the victim here and that we are all just bullies and asshats because that's what she wants you to think. What she is doing now is petty and shows me that she hasn't changed much herself.

Oh and then she threatens that she has info on me to explain the way I am. So what is this? Let's see or hear it. Because I'm well aware of everything I've been through to get me to this point in my life today.
happycamper is offline  
Old 05-20-19, 10:00 PM
  #214  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 29,893
Re: Is there no respect for us old bastards?



WE'RE BACK IN 1955!
eXcentris is offline  
Old 05-20-19, 10:26 PM
  #215  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: The Last House on the Left
Posts: 12,332
Zero.

Originally Posted by happycamper View Post
What I find even more interesting is that she brought this all up out of the blue, refuses to comment here, but can continue to talk about me in the closed FB group where she states she's not surprised that I still won't accept responsibility for my actions. Yet neither has she, then or now. The difference here is im not bringing it up for some strange reason that I'm still rather curious about. In response to my battle with breast cancer, she tries to one up with her own personal story in the FB group. Really?

Perhaps the mods never took action because you were just as much an instigator and just as responsible and played your own part.
​​​​​
You can all jump on the whogirl bandwagon and assume that she's the victim here and that we are all just bullies and asshats because that's what she wants you to think. What she is doing now is petty and shows me that she hasn't changed much herself.

Oh and then she threatens that she has info on me to explain the way I am. So what is this? Let's see or hear it. Because I'm well aware of everything I've been through to get me to this point in my life today.
Now you know how I felt for all those years. Sucks, doesnít it?
WhoGirl is offline  
Old 05-20-19, 10:42 PM
  #216  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: At the beach
Posts: 6,091
Re: Zero.

Originally Posted by WhoGirl View Post


Now you know how I felt for all those years. Sucks, doesnít it?
​​​​​​Nah, not really. Because you were just as responsible and you know it and you treated people shitty all the time too. The 3 of us were not the only ones you had problems with but keep pointing that finger.

Is that what this is all about? Revenge or redemption? An "I'll show you how it feels" all these years later?

​​​​​​I'm a 45 year old grown woman with a beautiful daughter that I've raised on my own. I'm proud of what I've accomplished and that I don't need to rehash internet drama to gain validation from strangers. I've grown up and moved on with my life and while you say you have too, obviously you haven't let any of it go if you can't wait to dig out your computer and figure out what's appropriate to post and what's not. Why? Why bother if you're the bigger person? Looks petty and shallow and sad to me.

happycamper is offline  
Old 05-20-19, 10:56 PM
  #217  
DVD Talk Reviewer
 
Kurt D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,797
Re: Is there no respect for us old bastards?

N00B here. What if all parties involved just said "i'm sorry" and everyone moves on and stops talking about this?
Kurt D is offline  
Old 05-20-19, 10:57 PM
  #218  
Admin-Thanos
 
VinVega's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Caught between the moon and NYC
Posts: 31,522
Re: Is there no respect for us old bastards?

Originally Posted by Kurt D View Post
N00B here. What if all parties involved just said "i'm sorry" and everyone moves on and stops talking about this?
Trying to kill the thread I see.

Of course your suggestion would be the best case scenario.

Last edited by VinVega; 05-21-19 at 08:04 AM.
VinVega is offline  
Old 05-20-19, 11:32 PM
  #219  
Moderator
 
story's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Hope.
Posts: 8,686
Re: Is there no respect for us old bastards?

I'm killing this now.

Mod Note: Hi, friends. I can see there are a lot of feelings being expressed here. Feelings are valid. I am also seeing people express themselves in ways that aren't working. How we express our feelings matters. When bad things happen in the past it's terrible. And, it still isn't okay for people to address each other here in ways that cross rules such as personal attacks like name-calling. Sorry, but two wrongs aren't going to make a right here, thanks.

It hasn't taken much for this thread to devolve by group effort and I don't see it getting better very easily. Some of you might consider moving your discussions to each other to private messages. If you do, I offer the unasked-for advice to speak to each other and not about each other, even in PMs, and of course listen. Also, Other is not the place for discussing feedback on how the site operates, past or present.

For what it's worth, it's hard to talk about hard things. But working at it can be worth it. I suggest people remember to breathe and think before they engage each other.

Thread closed.
story is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.