Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

The Official "Great Beer" thread. Part 2; Same great taste but this time more hops!

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

The Official "Great Beer" thread. Part 2; Same great taste but this time more hops!

Old 09-24-14, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: The Official "Great Beer" thread. Part 2; Same great taste but this time more hop

Definitely seek out Short's Brewing Company. You will NOT be disappointed.
Old 09-24-14, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: The Official "Great Beer" thread. Part 2; Same great taste but this time more hop

Originally Posted by steebo777 View Post
Definitely seek out Short's Brewing Company. You will NOT be disappointed.

Which reminds me, I need to do a beer run to Michigan soon. I guess we could also visit family while I'm up there.
Old 09-25-14, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Short's wins.
Old 09-25-14, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Goose Island the Muddy was pretty darn good.

Michigan has a ton of craft brews. I like some stuff from Atwater Brewery like the Dirty Blonde or the Vanilla Java Porter. New Holland Brewery has some great stuff too.
Old 09-25-14, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I've been drinking a lot of Southern Tier Pumking from the keg I bought.

All was well and good, though I got shitfaced quick off it quick, until I looked at the calorie count.

Fucking hell. It's like 350 cal per 16 oz.
Old 10-05-14, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Decadance View Post
Disregard both of those. Rogue is owned by douches, Widmer is partially owned by InBev.

Go to Deschutes, Hair of the Dog, and Cascade (if you like sours).
Thanks.

Went to Hair of the Dog on Saturday and it was awesome. I had never tried their Beer and it's excellent. Today I went to Deschutes and it was good. Hair was better though.

I wish I had time for Cascade.
Old 10-13-14, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I had a Pinkus Münster Alt at an Oktoberfest this past weekend -- not too shabby. My friend got our beers while I stayed with our chairs but the beer vendor followed my friend back to our chairs just to card me. Prost!
Old 10-13-14, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Raul3 View Post
Thanks.

Went to Hair of the Dog on Saturday and it was awesome. I had never tried their Beer and it's excellent. Today I went to Deschutes and it was good. Hair was better though.

I wish I had time for Cascade.
As I just got back from vacation there as well, I would also invite you to go to Breakside Brewery. Their production facility is south of Portland by about 30 minutes, but they have a tap room in Portland proper. They won GABF gold in IPA this year, and yeah, it doesn't suck.
Old 10-29-14, 12:53 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Journey's end, baby. Mexican Chocolate in a beer.

Old 10-29-14, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Why So Blu? View Post

You know, I was looking forward to this, but it was spicy and a bit bitter. Sure there was some chocolate flavour, but I would not go out of my way to get some

On the other hand, for my birthday i got some Stone w00t 2.0 and omfg was that stuff unbelievable.

But don't worry, I drank the hell out of the xocho. Can't let that go to waste.
Old 10-29-14, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Really? Mine was the complete opposite. It was smooth and creamy, sweet but not overly sweet, because the peppers counteracted that a bit. It's one of the better collaborations.

I like tyne w00t but it's not as mind blowing as this. I'll be going to my spot tomorrow for more Xoco and for some Lucky Basardt. It's that time! Also gotta get me some nice Pumpkin craft brew, too.
Old 10-29-14, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Really? Mine was the complete opposite. It was smooth and creamy, sweet but not overly sweet, because the peppers counteracted that a bit. It's one of the better collaborations.

I like tyne w00t but it's not as mind blowing as this. I'll be going to my spot tomorrow for more Xoco and for some Lucky Basardt. It's that time! Also gotta get me some nice Pumpkin craft brew, too.
Alright, wheres your spot? I'm always looking for a new spot mang.

BTW - I got my growler filled with the xoco from the brewery. My bud also likes it, but he was drinking from a bottle.
Old 10-31-14, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by grip View Post
Alright, wheres your spot? I'm always looking for a new spot mang.

BTW - I got my growler filled with the xoco from the brewery. My bud also likes it, but he was drinking from a bottle.
Out here my spot is Mission Liquors. They have 4 locations spread out in L.A. and the San Fernando Valley.

As far as growler fills I go to the Stone store in Pasadena. I've been meaning to go to Golden Road Brewing over here near the L.A. Zoo - their beer is great.

EDIT - Ah, that may have had something to do with it. The Xoco was probably still too "hot" and had not settled as it would have in a bottle.
Old 10-31-14, 02:07 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.

Did you never try the Lips of faith Cocoa Mole beer by New Belgium? Now that was Mexican chocolate.

Side note, The Festival is looking amazing and, well, that Friday before, Beachwood BBQ Long Beach is getting some massive loons on draft.
Old 10-31-14, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Jackskeleton View Post
Did you never try the Lips of faith Cocoa Mole beer by New Belgium? Now that was Mexican chocolate.

Side note, The Festival is looking amazing and, well, that Friday before, Beachwood BBQ Long Beach is getting some massive loons on draft.

Nope, I missed out on that. Maybe, but the fact that it has mole in it and certain moles have chocolate may just mean that it's chocolate mole flavor as opposed to the bittersweet chocolate bricks that are considered "Mexican Chocolate."

I did try the Lips of Faith Coconut Curry one and I really liked it. It's a very warm beer but tasty. I remember when Stone did their collaboration on a coconut beer and it sucked.
Old 10-31-14, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I had a Terrapin Liquid Bliss Chocolate Peanut Butter Porter the other night, not something I'd drink regularly, but a pretty good dessert beer.
Old 10-31-14, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Been switched to Milwaukee's Best Light for a few months now.
Old 10-31-14, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by EddieMoney View Post
Been switched to Milwaukee's Best Light for a few months now.
Is it really their best though? I kind of feel like they're half-assing it and just saying they're doing their best.
Old 10-31-14, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by RichC2 View Post
Is it really their best though? I kind of feel like they're half-assing it and just saying they're doing their best.
No, the half-assed stuff is Milwaukee's Best Ice. But if you take the name "Milwaukee's Best" literally...

Milwaukee doesn't have much to offer...the Brewers, the Bucks, Steve Miller...it's safe to say that the beer is their best.
Old 10-31-14, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Went shopping for brew this morning and I am now drinking this as I type.

Old 11-02-14, 02:09 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Have you had Mexican Cake, and know how the two compare? Lokks like a lot of similar ingregients.
Old 11-02-14, 02:46 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Have you had Mexican Cake, and know how the two compare? Lokks like a lot of similar ingregients.
I have not. I know the brew you're talking about but none of my guys can get it here in L.A. - unfortunately. I can't compare.
Old 11-02-14, 03:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by EddieMoney View Post
Milwaukee doesn't have much to offer...the Brewers, the Bucks, Steve Miller...it's safe to say that the beer is their best.
I would argue that their cheese might be better than their beer.
Old 11-05-14, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

For anyone in the northern Mass, southern New Hampshire area, this bi-annual event is all kinds of awesome. Lots of cask conditioned stuff from small UK breweries that you would probably not have any other chance of finding without going over there:

https://www.nerax.org/nerax-north.html
Old 11-05-14, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

A thoughtful family friend brought a couple of different Surly's back from Minnesota for me.

Bender (American Brown Ale) and Over Rated! (West Coast IPA).

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.