Reload this Page >

California Cops Taser Senior Citizen in His Own Home

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 09-02-10, 04:31 PM
Needs to provide a working email address

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess the full video got taken down, here's one until someone finds the original:

Admin note from benedict: Youtube link/HTML removed as it seemed to be interfering with the loading of Page One of this thread. I've had to do this elsewhere (e.g. in Music Talk) in cases where Youtube removed the video, so it may be that which caused the problem rather than malformed code per se)

Last edited by Guarddog; 09-03-10 at 09:10 PM.
Old 09-02-10, 04:33 PM

Re: California Cops Taser Senior Citizen in His Own Home

Kurt Nimmo
Infowars.com
September 2, 2010

In America, now officially a police state, you will be tasered in your own home if you lip off to the police.

Senior citizen Peter McFarland of Marin County, California, discovered this after he fell down the stairs outside his home last year. On June 29, 2009, McFarland tumbled down the stairs and after his wife called paramedics the cops showed up. They entered McFarland’s home and tasered him because they claimed he was suicidal.

“We want to take you to the hospital for an evaluation, you said if you had a gun, you’d shoot yourself in the head,” a deputy can be heard saying on a video of the incident captured on a taser mounted camera. McFarland said the comment was hyperbole made because he was in pain.

“Stand up, put your hands behind your back or you’re going to be tased,” the deputy commanded. McFarland refused, told the police in no uncertain terms to get out of his house, so the cop tased him not once, but three times, as his wife looked on in horror and pleaded with the cops to stop because her husband has a heart condition.

McFarland’s lawyer, John Scott, said the cops did not have a search warrant or any reason to enter the McFarland residence. Scott told KGO-TV in San Francisco his client was arrested, jailed and charged with resisting arrest. A judge later dismissed the charge. McFarland has filed suit against the Marin County Sheriff’s Department.

Cops no longer need a search warrant in order to enter your home and torture you with a device akin to field telephone magnetos used on prisoners during the Vietnam War.

In fact, far too many cops have no idea what the Fourth Amendment stands for or do they understand that in large part the American Revolution was fought because agents of the crown used general warrants to enter homes, interrogate colonists, and seize “prohibited and uncustomed” goods.
John Adams, founding father and the second president of the United States, viewed these events “as the spark in which originated the American Revolution.” Adams and the founders understood a man’s home is his castle, as Edward Coke declared a century before, and a fortress “for his defense against injury and violence,” a concept that seems to be largely lost on many Americans.

Is it possible the actions of new agents of the crown, in the paid service of bankers and transnational corporations, will contribute to a new revolution? Or will we continue to tolerate ever increasing brutality from sadistic cops who enter our homes illegally and torture us for refusing to obey commands and for the impertinence of telling them to mind their own business?
Old 09-02-10, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

All part of ObamaCare.
Old 09-02-10, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

As America is now officially a police state, I lift my glass in remembrance of the heroic Guarddog, who gave is life to share with us this story.
Old 09-02-10, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by starman9000 View Post
As America is now officially a police state, I lift my glass in remembrance of the heroic Guarddog, who gave is life to share with us this story.
Lol, i'd rather die fighting the system than become its slave.
Old 09-02-10, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

What the hell is happening in this thread? Why are we all part of Guarddog's sig?
Old 09-02-10, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Numanoid View Post
What the hell is happening in this thread? Why are we all part of Guarddog's sig?
You are either part of Guarddog's sig or you are part of the problem.
Old 09-02-10, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Numanoid View Post
Sounds like a conspiracy
Old 09-02-10, 08:56 PM

I love you guys! I was even starting to miss the guarddog bashing, it's quite amusing. Far less degrading when it bumps my thread
Old 09-02-10, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have no idea what's going on.
Old 09-02-10, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It has to do with flouride in the water supply.
Old 09-02-10, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Heat View Post
It has to do with flouride in the water supply.
Reminds me of a great Squidbillies episode.
Old 09-03-10, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

At least the old coot didn't die in a chimney trying to break into his boyfriend's home.
Old 09-03-10, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Stupid old guy!
Old 09-03-10, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Fuck da police!
Old 09-03-10, 07:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Sounds like there is more to the story. Aren't police dispatched when paramedics are called to a sceen? I Googled this and it's not showing up on any regular news sites, but more like opinion blog sites.
Old 09-03-10, 07:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Cops? So two or more.

Besides the fact that they had no business restraining him, there is a concern that two (or more) police officers who presumably meet fitness standards can't restrain an unarmed, old man without a taser.

Obviously too many donuts make you weak and stupid.
Old 09-03-10, 07:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Superman07 View Post
Sounds like there is more to the story. Aren't police dispatched when paramedics are called to a sceen? I Googled this and it's not showing up on any regular news sites, but more like opinion blog sites.
There is absolutely nothing here that justifies it:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pS-N1dl0VQA?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pS-N1dl0VQA?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Seriously, that makes me want to vomit. Especially at the end, he's laying on the ground, flopping around, and they keep saying "Stop Resisting!"
Old 09-03-10, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The police officers involved should be tasered the same number of times. They should probably do Captain Marvel too, just to be sure.
Old 09-03-10, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Yeah, I see the tax payers getting pissed at all the money they are going to have to pay this guy.
Old 09-03-10, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I think cops are enjoying the taser a bit too much. I remember when they tasered the crap out of that guy on To Catch a Predator because he didn't hit the ground in less than a second. There is a difference between restraining someone and torturing them.
Old 09-03-10, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm not saying it was appropriate to tase the guy but I've noticed that every time someone gets tased it's usually because he/she is not following an officer's instructions. The question, of course, is whether or not the instructions/commands are reasonable.

In this case, I don't think tasing the guy was necessary, but I also don't think the officer's commands were so unreasonable as not to follow them when a taser is pointed right at you.
Old 09-03-10, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I didn't realise we should follow police instructions without question. Thank you gator, you have opened my eyes! They truly are special fellows these police. We should be grateful that they are now willing to enter our homes to take us to hospital even when we don't feel the need of it. I'm sure it's all for the "greater good".
Old 09-03-10, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Burnt Thru View Post
I didn't realise we should follow police instructions without question.

As I previously posted:
The question, of course, is whether or not the instructions/commands are reasonable.
Old 09-03-10, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

And if you decide they're not reasonable you'll received a tasing. That's a punishment. Should the police really be handing out punishments?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.