Reload this Page >

Online dating experiences?

Other Talk "Otterville"

Online dating experiences?

Old 05-19-13, 04:52 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Online dating experiences?

I don't know casually getting a drink with a girl you met online and casually talking to a girl at a bar or the mall or wherever seem to be no different to me. I mean even if you don't use an online dating site and say you meet a girl at the supermarket and decide to go out for a drink you know you're going to Google her. I've done that for most of the girls I use to date including my current girlfriend just so you kind of know what you're getting into. Then you casually bring one of her interests up like "So I saw the new Wes Anderson movie..." and then she's like "I love Wes Anderson how was it?" etc.

In reality I think there may be just as many people that meet in real life that get into fucked up relationships as online it's just more sensational when they meet online. I mean Jodi Arias met her boyfriend who she murdered on a business trip. I'm sure OJ didn't meet Nicole over Okcupid and Andrew Luster Max Factor's heir met women at social events then raped him and that dude was a multimillionaire he could've just got prostitutes.
Old 05-19-13, 05:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by junglalien View Post
In the early 00s I used to be able to go to AOL chat and get laid within a half hour. One broad showed up to my house but wasn't up to my standards so I called my buddy up and asked if he wanted some pussy. I drew her a map to his house and sent her on her way. He said that was the best thing anyone has ever done for him.
It's people like you who give dating a terrible reputation.

Originally Posted by Howie2000 View Post
So you never want to be in a relationship with a female?
I'm not cynical enough to believe that every woman is terrible, but I'm also cautious. The last woman I truly loved didn't understand I was trying to protect her, and we messed each other up really bad. It's been 7 years, and I don't want to go through that again.

Originally Posted by E. Honda View Post
Then don't join any B&D or S&M dating sites. By the way, your safety word is OKLAHOMA.
I have a mutual agreement with Pain: we stay away from each other. I don't get the Oklahoma comment, since I'm from Texas.
Old 05-19-13, 05:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by moviefan2k4 View Post
It's people like you who give dating a terrible reputation.
don't hate the playa....
Old 05-19-13, 05:34 PM
Banned

Treating women like property is despicable, and all who do so should be ashamed of themselves.
Old 05-19-13, 05:37 PM
Banned

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MKWpQDBvBbM?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MKWpQDBvBbM?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
Old 05-19-13, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In the early 00s I used to be able to go to AOL chat and get laid within a half hour. One broad showed up to my house but wasn't up to my standards so I called my buddy up and asked if he wanted some pussy. I drew her a map to his house and sent her on her way. He said that was the best thing anyone has ever done for him.
You drew a map? Why? Couldn't use Mapquest with your piece of shit Lexmark printer?

Originally Posted by PenguinJoe
I don't know casually getting a drink with a girl you met online and casually talking to a girl at a bar or the mall or wherever seem to be no different to me. I mean even if you don't use an online dating site and say you meet a girl at the supermarket and decide to go out for a drink you know you're going to Google her. I've done that for most of the girls I use to date including my current girlfriend just so you kind of know what you're getting into. Then you casually bring one of her interests up like "So I saw the new Wes Anderson movie..." and then she's like "I love Wes Anderson how was it?" etc.
I think there's a fine line between casually starting a conversation and looking like a weirdo. Bars are socially acceptable to hit on women at, a mall is not (unless you're a teenager --- pump the brakes there pedophiles).

Online dating is far easier than casually walking up to someone and start playing twenty questions. You have a grasp for what the other's hobbies, interests, and favorite things are before making an approach rather than wasting your time with someone who might be the exact opposite. I've only used specific online dating (OKC) during a brief stint I was single and just graduated from college. I got laid, but nothing serious ever came from any of the encounters.

Obviously during my college years when I wasn't in a relationship, both Facebook (which was exclusive to college students only for my freshman and sophomore years) and MySpace were in their prime thus making it far easier to pick up women.

The women I dated after my brief stint on OKC were people I already knew (high school, college, etc) or friend of a friend.
Old 05-19-13, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

From my experience in a lot of places if you go to the mall during the day you will mostly see 3 kinds of people (Senior citizens,strippers and teenagers) The strippers usually have some miles on them so you would have to be a bit of a dunce to ever mix one up with a teenager and get yourself into Chris Hansons hot seat. If you ever want to date a stripper hitting a mall during the day is probably the best time cause their guard is down and that is when they are at their most friendly and approachable.
Old 05-19-13, 07:10 PM
Banned

I'd never date a stripper; its an obscene profession.
Old 05-19-13, 07:16 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel View Post
You drew a map? Why? Couldn't use Mapquest with your piece of shit Lexmark printer?

I think there's a fine line between casually starting a conversation and looking like a weirdo. Bars are socially acceptable to hit on women at, a mall is not (unless you're a teenager --- pump the brakes there pedophiles).
You're obviously not from California where our malls are basically all outside and women seem to want to be looked at and talked to. In fact just last week I was at the Apple Store Pasadena and a cute girl started talking to me (no she didn't work there). I was asking about something at the genius bar and she was right next to me with her lap top and chimed in and said "if you need that upgrade I have it, we can exchange numbers and I can let you use it". The weirdest request was a girl asking me to help her put a headband on straight at Urban Outfitters then asking me what I thought of it. But its Cali, girls are a different breed here.
Old 05-19-13, 07:57 PM
En vacance

lol

This is like something out of the Twilight Zone and would make a killer scene.
Old 05-19-13, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 648 Likes on 504 Posts

Originally Posted by PenguinJoe View Post
You're obviously not from California where our malls are basically all outside and women seem to want to be looked at and talked to. In fact just last week I was at the Apple Store Pasadena and a cute girl started talking to me (no she didn't work there). I was asking about something at the genius bar and she was right next to me with her lap top and chimed in and said "if you need that upgrade I have it, we can exchange numbers and I can let you use it". The weirdest request was a girl asking me to help her put a headband on straight at Urban Outfitters then asking me what I thought of it. But its Cali, girls are a different breed here.
Yeah, that Apple Store is popping there. Granted, that's technically not at the mall, but that Old Town area is ripe with womens.
Old 05-19-13, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 119 Likes on 93 Posts

Dammit. I'm so jealous of attractive guys. This just doesn't happen to guys that look like me.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ohbv6haI1aQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 05-19-13, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by moviefan2k4 View Post
I'd never date a stripper; its an obscene profession.
Like they're knocking on your door.
Old 05-19-13, 08:31 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by troystiffler View Post
Dammit. I'm so jealous of attractive guys. This just doesn't happen to guys that look like me.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ohbv6haI1aQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
$$$$
Old 05-19-13, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 648 Likes on 504 Posts

LMAO at Louis CK clip.
Old 05-19-13, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

$$$$
Nope. That's a lie. I have money and own a business.

It would take being attractive, with a large dong. If you have that, you can be the biggest piece of shit in the world and score women (or that special woman who doesn't mind that she's with an asshole, because that asshole is nice to have sex with).
Old 05-19-13, 08:52 PM
Suspended

It would take being attractive, with a large dong. If you have that, you can be the biggest piece of shit in the world and score women (or that special woman who doesn't mind that she's with an asshole, because that asshole is nice to have sex with).
I think you might have confidence issues or maybe just live in a bad area. I see not super attractive dudes with cute girls in LA all the time.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PbZJByzg-fU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 05-19-13, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei View Post
Also, what' with all the damn whiny-ass people on this forum lately. If you don't like the thread...don't post in it.
When you click on a thread expecting to talk about online dating experiences, and instead get shit about religion (which wasn't even provoked), it gets tiresome.
Old 05-19-13, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by FRwL View Post
one of those instances in life where all the planets align of bullshit, school, work, relationships, friends all shit on you and a little nervous breakdown.
Old 05-19-13, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 100 Likes on 70 Posts

How old are you? Are you in your 40's and hitting on hot 20 year olds? Of course you're not going to get any action.

Louie's point in that bit was that once you're middle age you (probably) are mature and financially stable and women your age will only care about that.
Old 05-19-13, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Osiris3657 View Post
How old are you? Are you in your 40's and hitting on hot 20 year olds? Of course you're not going to get any action.

"Nobody likes me..."

Getting women is about confidence. That's basically it. Having a sense of humor doesn't hurt.
Old 05-19-13, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Osiris3657 View Post
How old are you?
29. I don't think it's a confidence thing. If I really wanted someone, I'm sure I could get someone.

Anyways, my original point was that I've never been in a position where a girl just hits on me at a mall (like Penguin Joe wrote). That's a thing that happens to skinny dudes. If you're attractive, you can be a broke, aimless 20-something crackhead and beautiful women will hit on you.

So I joked about it by posting the Louis CK video. It applies to my exact situation and exactly what I was thinking.
Old 05-19-13, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

In high school and college, money is not a big factor for obvious reasons. But after that, things change. If you don't have a job, your prospects are mediocre at best, even if you're a good-looking guy.

My guess is that the average working guy's prospects are best when he's in his 30s or early 40s. Women who aren't married begin to get desperate because their reproductive window is closing.
Old 05-19-13, 11:20 PM
Suspended

So I joked about it by posting the Louis CK video. It applies to my exact situation and exactly what I was thinking.
Also you live in Phoenix, AZ which is like the meth capitol of America so I'm sure there are all those skinny meth head dudes you have to compete with for pussy.
Old 05-19-13, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 190 Likes on 126 Posts

Yeah I miss this. It used to be so easy to find hookups.

As far as dating, an online match never worked out for me, but they always put out.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.