Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

A "guest" used my bath towel as a toilet floor mat!

Other Talk "Otterville"

Old 08-29-08, 08:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live with my brother and last night his attorney (who I have never met before) stayed at our house. My bathroom is across the hall from my room and next to the guest bedroom. When I got home last night, the attorney was already asleep and his toiletries were spread out all across the dual-sink bathroom counter top, leaving little to no room for anything else. A little odd I think but it's late and I go to bed.

I wake up at 6 this morning and discover an astonishing sight: my bath towel curled up around the base of the toilet like a floor mat and the toilet seat has all kinds of piss on it. There is also now a book and his reading glasses on the counter because he apparently didn't sleep too well and needed to do some reading in the night. With the amount of piss that was on the seat, there is no way my towel avoided getting hit. So I guess he needed my towel to keep his feet away from the cold tile floor and/or to prevent or clean up his piss that must have been going everywhere. I don't want to touch this towel ever again so I leave it on the floor.

So now I'm really pissed off and head downstairs to eat breakfast. During this time, the attorney goes in the bathroom and gets himself ready and cleans up his crap. I go back upstairs to finish getting ready and the guy had returned my towel to the towel bar like nothing ever happened! I couldn't believe it. I'm still pissed and amazed and it's been more than 12 hours now. I just can't believe that a 50+ year old man would act this way in someone else's home.

I told my brother and he said not to worry about it, he'd wash the towel for me! I asked him if he really thought that I would ever use that towel again knowing that some idiot pissed on it.

So what do you think, would you use this towel again?
Old 08-29-08, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think you're overreacting. The towel will be washed, you don't have to touch it. If you want it washed multiple times, do it. You get worse shit on you through the course of the day than any possible "piss remnants" that might remain after washing.

However, you would not be out of line to request that your brother's houseguest now share your brother's bathroom. But doing that, you might want to keep your own personal effects (toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, towels, rags, etc, etc, etc) in a safe place so this guy doesn't get childish and retaliate.
Old 08-29-08, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by StarWarsBoy View Post
I live with my brother and last night his attorney (who I have never met before) stayed at our house. My bathroom is across the hall from my room and next to the guest bedroom. When I got home last night, the attorney was already asleep and his toiletries were spread out all across the dual-sink bathroom counter top, leaving little to no room for anything else. A little odd I think but it's late and I go to bed.

I wake up at 6 this morning and discover an astonishing sight: my bath towel curled up around the base of the toilet like a floor mat and the toilet seat has all kinds of piss on it. There is also now a book and his reading glasses on the counter because he apparently didn't sleep too well and needed to do some reading in the night. With the amount of piss that was on the seat, there is no way my towel avoided getting hit. So I guess he needed my towel to keep his feet away from the cold tile floor and/or to prevent or clean up his piss that must have been going everywhere. I don't want to touch this towel ever again so I leave it on the floor.

So now I'm really pissed off and head downstairs to eat breakfast. During this time, the attorney goes in the bathroom and gets himself ready and cleans up his crap. I go back upstairs to finish getting ready and the guy had returned my towel to the towel bar like nothing ever happened! I couldn't believe it. I'm still pissed and amazed and it's been more than 12 hours now. I just can't believe that a 50+ year old man would act this way in someone else's home.

I told my brother and he said not to worry about it, he'd wash the towel for me! I asked him if he really thought that I would ever use that towel again knowing that some idiot pissed on it.

So what do you think, would you use this towel again?
Yes. Stop being a baby. Wash the towel in hot, soapy water.

(I've heard tell that some people actually drink urine. I've heard tell that some religious people actually drink cow urine.)
Old 08-29-08, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kill it with fire!!!

Seriously? Urine is probably the most sterile fluid that comes out of the human body. While you may be upset that someone has urine marked your territory, a simple washing should be fine.
Old 08-29-08, 09:04 PM

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts
Or if it's freaking you so much, just throw the towel away. (How expensive can it be to buy another towel?)
Old 08-29-08, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Just get another and make your brother pay for it.
Old 08-29-08, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 250 Likes on 149 Posts
Other than the guest being a lousy aim, the only part of this I would take issue with is his returning the towel to the towel bar. I've known people who use towels as floor mats for getting out of the shower or whatever, but they leave them on the floor to indicate it needs to be cleaned. Putting a floored and pissed on towel back on the rack is really pretty scummy. Ick.
Old 08-29-08, 09:24 PM

Oh, there's no doubt that the towel is going to be thrown away. Apparently I'm in the minority, but I think it's pretty gross. I know that it could be cleaned and it wouldn't be a problem, but I just don't want to see the towel again. I'm pretty surprised most people seem to think this no big deal. I can't imagine ever using someone else's towel as my personal toilet mat, returning it to the towel bar or not.
Old 08-29-08, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by crazyronin View Post
Urine is probably the most sterile fluid that comes out of the human body.
Well then...

What are we WAITING FOR???

BOTTOMS UP, EVERYBUDDY! &

-Pablito Tres

Last edited by The Edit King; 08-29-08 at 09:36 PM.
Old 08-29-08, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'd just wash it and in the future make him use one of these in the backyard:

Old 08-29-08, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

You should track that lawyer down.

As you rain blows about his head and neck area keep yelling "Kenneth what's the frequency?!?!"

That'll show his ass.
Old 08-29-08, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Oh, there's no doubt that the towel is going to be thrown away. Apparently I'm in the minority, but I think it's pretty gross. I know that it could be cleaned and it wouldn't be a problem, but I just don't want to see the towel again. I'm pretty surprised most people seem to think this no big deal. I can't imagine ever using someone else's towel as my personal toilet mat, returning it to the towel bar or not.
I don't recall anyone saying what he did was appropriate. Yes, it is horrible that he'd just rehang it when there's a chance you wouldn't have seen it on the floor first. That is disgusting.

But what I'm reading is that most of us are saying that, after washing, it won't matter. If it did, do you have any idea how many sets of bedsheets and mattress pads we would have gone through in my house with 2 kids learning how to not piss themselves at night?

It isn't the end of the world, nor the towel. But it's your decision to wash or trash. No one is saying either option is wrong.
Old 08-29-08, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by The Edit King View Post
BOTTOMS UP, EVERYBUDDY! &
I'll drink the beer. I'll fill your glass in about fifteen minutes.
Old 08-29-08, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The piss stained towel should be placed on the guests pillow (without being washed of course) with a nice little note that states since he felt the need to wipe up piss with it, it is now his.

Then get this moron the F out of your house, buy a new towel and move on.

I am also curious why an attorney would need to crash at your place for the night?
Old 08-29-08, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by crazyronin View Post
I'll drink the beer. I'll fill your glass in about fifteen minutes.
Can ya make it ten?

I've got ONE HANKERING of a THIRST TONIGHT!
Old 08-29-08, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by 4KRG View Post
The piss stained towel should be placed on the guests pillow (without being washed of course)
OH MAN!
Old 08-29-08, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by The Edit King View Post
Can ya make it ten?

I've got ONE HANKERING of a THIRST TONIGHT!
I've even put it in a bottle for you TEK.
Old 08-29-08, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I live with my brother and last night his attorney (who I have never met before) stayed at our house.
I feel like the explanation behind this could be a whole thread by itself.
Old 08-29-08, 09:49 PM

That's totally inappropriate. It's lewd, vesivius, salacious, outrageous!
Old 08-29-08, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by 4KRG View Post
I am also curious why an attorney would need to crash at your place for the night?
His brother was literally fucked by his attorney?
Old 08-29-08, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So what do you think
I think that if you had a pair you would have directly asked the lawyer why he wrapped the toilet with your towel.
Old 08-29-08, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 520 Likes on 298 Posts
Putting a dirty towel back on the rack is wrong. He should have left it on the floor.
Old 08-29-08, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by jdodd View Post
I feel like the explanation behind this could be a whole thread by itself.
Indeed! Dish it. Either he is your brothers friend (job status unrelated) or this event needs more back-story.

Originally Posted by chino77 View Post
That's totally inappropriate. It's lewd, vesivius, salacious, outrageous!
Old 08-29-08, 10:39 PM

You've obviously never used hotel towels.

People don't always have your same bathroom habits, it's a part of life and sometimes it's gross. Just toss the towel and move on.
Old 08-29-08, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Sue the attorney.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.