Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

School me on eating in Miami Beach.

Old 03-03-08, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

School me on eating in Miami Beach.

I am down here for a few days and am looking for some good, but not to pricey places to eat around here. Willing to drive places but not to far. Looking for some good Cuban and maybe some Italian food.
Old 03-03-08, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Cuban, good price and an institution Versailles Restaurant. But you will have to drive but you have to drive everywhere in Miami.
Old 03-03-08, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I was down there and pounded the 48oz steak at Shula's Steakhouse.

I also enjoyed the Sunday champagne brunch at Nikki Beach - I think it was across from Lowes (more northern than southern location)
Old 03-03-08, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Ruler

Stay away from the Wendy's!
Old 03-03-08, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

South Beach, IMO. Not for the food though. Not local, so take my suggestions lightly..

The last 3 times I went, I can only recommend Versailles, and Pizza Rustica at the lincoln road mall. There were a couple of cafes on Lincoln Road that were fun to eat at with a good looking crowd but food was so so and sorta pricey.

Jerry's Deli is overpriced tourist spot, but damn their chilli cheese omelets hit the spot when you are drunk at 5AM.

I don't really remember the food much. Must have been all the other things that get consumed when I am there.
Old 03-03-08, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well we went to Versailles and it was great!! Loved the food and got some pastries to take back to the hotel. Thanks for the great tip.

We were just on Lincoln Rd and saw Pizza Rustica, looked ok but being from NY any other pizza is a tough sell to me.
Old 03-03-08, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Awesome Italian place on Lincoln Rd (near the gelato place) called Soprano Cafe. Try their version of paella!
Old 03-03-08, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by grrrah
There were a couple of cafes on Lincoln Road that were fun to eat at with a good looking crowd but food was so so and sorta pricey.
There is a great cigar bar on the corner of the mall area, and they have excellent mojitos, and it is in a prime people watching spot. 1 or 2 doors down is a great Italian place known for their gourmet pizza, very casual as everyone sits outside.

I think the food on SB is very much personal preference....so it is best to park around 8th or 10th, and then walk up and down the beach until you find something you like. Great steaks, great seafood, etc. I think Sunday nights is 1/2 off, though YMMV. A place like the Delano is fun for drinks before hand....I think they still have some sushi and champagne at night, though again....YMMV.

You really can't go wrong along Ocean.