Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

tell me about a bad FAST FOOD experience

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

tell me about a bad FAST FOOD experience

Old 03-27-07, 01:36 AM
  #1  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Im somewhere where I dont know where I am.
Posts: 2,074
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tell me about a bad FAST FOOD experience

Well, today i went to W3NDYS and decided to {for some strange reason} to watch very intently as they prepare my food. I normally NEVER do this. I order and then look away. Especially at Taco bell. NEVER ever look at taco bell.

Anyways i watch intently as the hamburger guy starts to make what i presume is my order. A gigantic greasey unhygienic slob of a man who proudly wore his standard issue black uniform pants down so low that hope alone kept them from falling - he proceeds to open a metal drawer and pulls out a slab of chicken which is carelessly thrown in the direction of the waiting hamburger bun on the counter. it misses its target, but he gingerly repositions it onto the bun - not though after reaching around and taking a very firm and forceful dig into his sizeable asscrack to relieve some sudden unexpected itching. Relief - no one has seen this rude gesture, surely all is well. Well , no one but the waiting recipient of the sandwich. This work is tiring and exhausting, so he reaches up onto the counter and takes a long drink from a half gallon size mega-cup of red soda or coolaid, spilling just a bit on his shirt followed by a half turn to hide a throaty belch that was surely stifled by covering his mouth with his hand. Well, we must now finish this sandwich, customers are waiting. He shoots a quick dash of mayonaise all over the mystery chicken and slaps it together, wraps it, and very very skillfully i might add, throws it towards the "sandwich rack" where the cashier grabs it and finishes the order.


I was so awestruck and paralyzed with disgust that i forgot to raise hell. I just took the allready grease stained bag, and walked out the door like a helpless zombie. I sat in my car and looked at it and smelled it - a revolting stomach turning smell of grease and fat. I just sat there in shock for like 10 minutes- thinking, I cant believe i actually eat this shit.


I threw it out.




but, ive eaten it thousands of times before. I disgust myself.
Old 03-27-07, 01:38 AM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 623
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What a frightening story. If I decide to order fast food anymore, I'll make sure I watch.
Old 03-27-07, 01:59 AM
  #3  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 16,468
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I can tell you about a bad fast food experience for others!

When i was at school, a few mates worked at the local Mickey Ds

They used to spit in burgers, put bogeys in them, once when the manager stepped out, one of them even cum in one !

This put me off these kinds of fast food places for life
Old 03-27-07, 02:01 AM
  #4  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Im somewhere where I dont know where I am.
Posts: 2,074
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Original Desmond
I can tell you about a bad fast food experience for others!

When i was at school, a few mates worked at the local Mickey Ds

They used to spit in burgers, put bogeys in them, once when the manager stepped out, one of them even cum in one !

This put me off these kinds of fast food places for life


thank you for that tasteful and insightful story.

I do recall that one time, back in 97, i got a filet o fish sandwich at mcdonalds, and the mayonaise tasted really wierd. it was like, extra creamy or something
Old 03-27-07, 02:39 AM
  #5  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 2,074
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"PrimeTime Live" did an exposť on this many years ago for several different restaurants. One of the hidden camera showed an employer scratching parts of his body and then handling food that was about to be eaten. Another was licking her fingers so she could flip through a stack of sliced cheese to be placed on burgers. Another dropped food on the floor but then picked it right back up without tossing it out.

The only real bad thing I ever saw was at a Subway. The guy who was making the sandwiches also handled the cash register. He never changed his gloves once, so all the subs he was making was contaminated with money residue.
Old 03-27-07, 02:52 AM
  #6  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: a mile high, give or take a few feet
Posts: 13,524
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If I saw something like the OP saw, I wouldn't have accepted it. I don't give a shit about the people behind me, not in that case.

I've never really seen anything bad, but then I hardly ever eat out. I guess the worst thing I've seen is a mexican resturant dumping a ladleful of fryer grease on my burrito, prior to the normal toppings.
Old 03-27-07, 03:15 AM
  #7  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,659
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Driving from Boston to Jersey I pulled into a Roy Rogers with my girlfriend and ordered some food. While waiting i went to use the bathroom and some smeared "******s love white women" in excrement on the wall next to the urinal. Most disgusting thing I've ever seem. I lost my appetite immediately.
Old 03-27-07, 04:54 AM
  #8  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Josh-da-man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: The Bible Belt
Posts: 31,692
Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
No real horror stories... but there's one place (which shall remain nameless) near me that I won't eat at because they have a guy running the register who looks like a young Michael Moore sporting the worst case of dandruff I've ever seen. And big hairy zits all over his face, too.

I just can't do it, man.
Old 03-27-07, 06:04 AM
  #9  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,155
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Eplicon
The only real bad thing I ever saw was at a Subway. The guy who was making the sandwiches also handled the cash register. He never changed his gloves once, so all the subs he was making was contaminated with money residue.
I've seen something similar at Subway. The guy put on the gloves when I ordered my sub, took my money with the gloves on, then went to make the next person's sub with the same gloves. My first thought was "kind of defeats the purpose of wearing gloves." My second thought was to say something but if the person behind me didn't care or wasn't paying attention I guess that's their problem.
Old 03-27-07, 07:55 AM
  #10  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Jersey represent!
Posts: 5,644
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's what you get for going to a cheap knockoff restaurant called "W3NDYS".
Old 03-27-07, 08:19 AM
  #11  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Shannon Nutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,007
Likes: 0
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
This is true of most low to middle-range priced restaurants. So don't think this stuff doesn't happen at your local TGI Friday's or Olive Garden too.

And don't think going to the supermarket is any better...I've worked at both, and can't say one was more "sanitary" than the other.
Old 03-27-07, 08:29 AM
  #12  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: USA
Posts: 12,272
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You mean other than eating there?
Old 03-27-07, 09:01 AM
  #13  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 2,102
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank god I'm a vegan and don't eat most fast food - but this would be enough to turn off from fried chicken for awhile:

Old 03-27-07, 09:04 AM
  #14  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
MBoyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: AUSTIN - Land of Mexican Coke
Posts: 3,920
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I knew a guy who pissed in the ice machine at Subway back in 1992. That ice must have been contaminated for months. The same guy used to brag about pissing in the lemonade and fry grease when he worked at Wendys.
Old 03-27-07, 09:08 AM
  #15  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
The Bus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: New York
Posts: 54,876
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You guys act all high and mighty like you don't rub your food all over your thighs before you eat it at home.
Old 03-27-07, 10:04 AM
  #16  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: In my Home Theater- Foley, AL
Posts: 3,503
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kilcher
I've seen something similar at Subway. The guy put on the gloves when I ordered my sub, took my money with the gloves on, then went to make the next person's sub with the same gloves. My first thought was "kind of defeats the purpose of wearing gloves." My second thought was to say something but if the person behind me didn't care or wasn't paying attention I guess that's their problem.
Weren't you also the person behind someone else or were you the first customer of the day?
Old 03-27-07, 10:05 AM
  #17  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New York City
Posts: 411
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not a particular experience, but one of the KFC/Taco Bells here in NYC was infested with rats, and it was all caught on video.
Old 03-27-07, 10:17 AM
  #18  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 1,340
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who cares? If you aren't dieing just suck it up and chow down.
Old 03-27-07, 10:18 AM
  #19  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Peoples Republik of Kalifornia
Posts: 3,382
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know people that have worked fast food. Boogers, depositing pubes onto food, licking food, spitting loogeys, rubbing food v. the gooch/balls/ass ring, and cumming onto food is the norm. I stay away from fast food as much as possible.
Old 03-27-07, 10:36 AM
  #20  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Nick Danger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 22,782
Likes: 0
Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
I bring a bag lunch to work. I used to work with a guy who ate fast food for lunch every day. Every week or two, about 2:30, he'd groan, rub his stomach, and say, "Man! I think there was something wrong with that burger!"

I don't think he ever noticed that eating fast food was making him sick 3-4 times a month.
Old 03-27-07, 11:03 AM
  #21  
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Posts: 2,239
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by skiblet
Well, today i went to W3NDYS and decided to {for some strange reason} to watch very intently as they prepare my food. I normally NEVER do this. I order and then look away. Especially at Taco bell. NEVER ever look at taco bell.

Anyways i watch intently as the hamburger guy starts to make what i presume is my order. A gigantic greasey unhygienic slob of a man who proudly wore his standard issue black uniform pants down so low that hope alone kept them from falling - he proceeds to open a metal drawer and pulls out a slab of chicken which is carelessly thrown in the direction of the waiting hamburger bun on the counter. it misses its target, but he gingerly repositions it onto the bun - not though after reaching around and taking a very firm and forceful dig into his sizeable asscrack to relieve some sudden unexpected itching. Relief - no one has seen this rude gesture, surely all is well. Well , no one but the waiting recipient of the sandwich. This work is tiring and exhausting, so he reaches up onto the counter and takes a long drink from a half gallon size mega-cup of red soda or coolaid, spilling just a bit on his shirt followed by a half turn to hide a throaty belch that was surely stifled by covering his mouth with his hand. Well, we must now finish this sandwich, customers are waiting. He shoots a quick dash of mayonaise all over the mystery chicken and slaps it together, wraps it, and very very skillfully i might add, throws it towards the "sandwich rack" where the cashier grabs it and finishes the order.


I was so awestruck and paralyzed with disgust that i forgot to raise hell. I just took the allready grease stained bag, and walked out the door like a helpless zombie. I sat in my car and looked at it and smelled it - a revolting stomach turning smell of grease and fat. I just sat there in shock for like 10 minutes- thinking, I cant believe i actually eat this shit.


I threw it out.




but, ive eaten it thousands of times before. I disgust myself.
Lesson to be learned - Next time, get the grilled chicken.

And always complain if you have a concern.
Old 03-27-07, 11:09 AM
  #22  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: U.S
Posts: 554
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is why I perfer "Slow Food" restaurants
Old 03-27-07, 11:58 AM
  #23  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Pressplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,448
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I once found a fried coat check ticket in my fries. They were probably recycling the fries from other patrons' leftovers. That place closed up soon afterwards.
Old 03-27-07, 11:59 AM
  #24  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
ben12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Where I live?
Posts: 2,798
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CinemaNut
This is why I perfer "Slow Food" restaurants
Yeah, they take more time with their asscracks.
Old 03-27-07, 12:04 PM
  #25  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: On the banks of the Red Cedar
Posts: 9,867
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CinemaNut
This is why I perfer "Slow Food" restaurants
What makes Arby's so much better?

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.