Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Disney puts the kibosh on "Mouse Orgy"

Old 10-14-06, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Disney puts the kibosh on "Mouse Orgy"

Disney says "non" to Mouse orgy
Fri Oct 13, 8:43 AM ET

The Walt Disney Co. on Thursday said it took "appropriate action" against employees at its Paris theme park who were caught simulating sex while dressed as Disney characters in a digital video that has received wide attention on the Internet.

Disney would not say whether it had dismissed any of the costumed employees featured in the grainy video, which appears to have been shot with a hidden camera at a backstage dressing room at Disneyland Resort Paris.

"The behavior shown on the video is unacceptable and inexcusable," Disney said in a statement.

"The video was taken in the backstage area not accessible to guests. Appropriate action has been taken to deal with the cast members involved."

The video shows Minnie Mouse struggling to free herself as she is grabbed from behind by Goofy and then a giant snowman.

Later, Mickey Mouse simulates sex with the snowman and Goofy does the same with either Chip or Dale, the chipmunks, as laughter is heard on the tape.

The tape is described on the Internet as the "Mouse Orgy."
Direct link to the article

After some light searching, I found Mouse Orgy... Seems like the poor staff who wear those frickin' costumes were just, um, blowin' off some steam before going to work...

I doubt many kids are gonna be searching the internet for "mouse orgy", so I have a hard time believing this would make it in front of many kids eyes - let alone that the younger ones who fall for people in costumes would even understand what they're simulating...

-ringding-

Last edited by DrRingDing; 10-14-06 at 08:41 PM.
Old 10-14-06, 08:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
However, if Minnie or Dale wanted to, that's a big time sexual harrassment lawsuit. I think that's what Disney would be more worried about.
Old 10-14-06, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by devilshalo
However, if Minnie or Dale wanted to, that's a big time sexual harrassment lawsuit. I think that's what Disney would be more worried about.
We don't know enough, Minnie and Dale might be men as well... Not that that makes it any different... Although Minnie is doubled over in laughter at one point.
-ringding-
Old 10-14-06, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

"I didn't say she was crazy, your honor - I said she was fuckin' Goofy!"
Old 10-14-06, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DrRingDing
We don't know enough, Minnie and Dale might be men as well... Not that that makes it any different... Although Minnie is doubled over in laughter at one point.
-ringding-
When I worked at Disneyland... Mickey, Minnie, Daisy, Donald... basically anyone under 5' we predominantly women. Even if she was laughing, there is proof for the person(s) to file for sexual harassment.
Old 10-14-06, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

It's a shame the search function doesn't show deleted threads. This was posted already, but after we all confirmed that the video was a nominee for Lamest Thing on the Internet Ever, the OP had the class to apologize and delete it.

das
Old 10-15-06, 02:02 AM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I thought it was pretty funny
Old 10-15-06, 02:26 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The camera man had more orgy movement than the cast. Hardly an orgy.
Old 10-15-06, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Lame all around. It's not a "mouse orgy", it's one or two employees (primarily the guy in the Goofy costume) acting like an ass. It didn't take place in the park where the public could see it, so it's not a big deal.

Also, I agree with the OP that kids aren't even going to realize what's going on. If they get anything out of that jumbled mess of shakey camera work, it would be that goofy was "dancing" with Minnie and Chip/Dale. Adults sometimes forget that while their dirty little minds can see the sexual connnotations in just about everything, kids don't think that way.
Old 10-15-06, 11:25 AM

Lame. People got in trouble for this? When ya cant blow off steam being an adult who has to earn a living wearing a giant cartoon costume, what has the world come to..oh the poor children.
Old 10-15-06, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by CinemaNut
Lame. People got in trouble for this? When ya cant blow off steam being an adult who has to earn a living wearing a giant cartoon costume, what has the world come to..oh the poor children.
Right, but they are adults acting like 10 year olds.
Old 10-15-06, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It didn't take place in the park where the public could see it, so it's not a big deal.
If I posted a video online about me in the backroom of the restaraunt I work in acting like I was having sex, they might fire me too. I don't think it's silly for Disney to be mad. It's easy to see why a company would be mad about this happening
Old 10-15-06, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Lee Harvey Oswald
Right, but they are adults acting like 10 year olds.
Do you know many 10 year olds that simulate sex? I'd say 15 might be a closer guess...
-ringding-