Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

What is wrong with people? " Football players gang-raped girl, 11, police say"

Old 07-10-06, 02:27 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

What is wrong with people? " Football players gang-raped girl, 11, police say"

From CNN Article

Football players gang-raped girl, 11, police say
Victim was a runaway from a group home

Monday, July 10, 2006; Posted: 2:47 p.m. EDT (18:47 GMT)

FRESNO, California (AP) -- The rape of an 11-year-old girl may have involved as many as 10 men, most of whom are football players at local community colleges, police said.

Police arrested two men in connection with the rape Saturday night, and officials said they identified eight others as persons of interest in the case. Most or all are students at either Fresno City College or Reedley College, police said.

The victim, a runaway from a group home, went to a Fresno apartment complex Saturday night to visit an acquaintance, said police spokesman Jeff Cardinale.

While she was inside one of the units, she allegedly was sexually assaulted multiple times by several men, he said. (Watch a neighbor describe the suspects -- 1:41)

The girl then fled the apartment and sought help from a couple on the street who called police, Cardinale said.

The victim was taken to University Medical Center for an examination.

Mackey Davis, 20, and Eddie Scott, 19, were arrested on one count each of child molestation with a victim under 14 and oral copulation with a victim under 18. Both were being held Sunday at Fresno County Jail on $100,000 bail.

The rape allegedly took place in housing arranged by the Fresno City College football team. Davis and Scott were students at Reedley and may have been in the process of transferring to Fresno City, Cardinale said.

Calls and e-mails to the Fresno City athletic department were not immediately returned. Calls to Reedley went unanswered.
Old 07-10-06, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I thought the point of sports was that it was supposed to burn off testoserone-fueled aggression, not enhance it. Why are these things ALWAYS sports-related? It's never the computer nerds or the science geeks or even the Hobbit enthusiasts, it's ALWAYS the jocks.
Old 07-10-06, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Rockmjd23
Because most of them would get their asses kicked by a girl. Even with numbers on their side.
No. They're weak from excessive masturbation.
Old 07-10-06, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Poor Girl. As if life wasn't tough enough.
Old 07-10-06, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Rockmjd23
Because most of them would get their asses kicked by a girl. Even with numbers on their side.
Tell that to my Enchanted Frost Staff +1, bitch.
Old 07-10-06, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Man, what a fucked up world.
Old 07-10-06, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

So, it is reported that there were college football palyers who took sexual liberties with an unwilling female? Impossible-- surely, this must be some kind of a mistake.
Old 07-10-06, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Dave7393
So, it is reported that there were college football palyers who took sexual liberties with an unwilling female? Impossible-- surely, this must be some kind of a mistake.

Community College no less. Talk about insult to injury....
Old 07-10-06, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

To be fair, she probably looked 12.
Old 07-10-06, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by kicker_of_elves
Man, what a fucked up world.

It took THIS article for you to realize that?
Old 07-10-06, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Naw man, i just save it for when it needs to be said.
Old 07-10-06, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by wergo
I thought the point of sports was that it was supposed to burn off testoserone-fueled aggression, not enhance it. Why are these things ALWAYS sports-related? It's never the computer nerds or the science geeks or even the Hobbit enthusiasts, it's ALWAYS the jocks.
No way. That crowd turns into serial killers, mad bombers, etc.
Old 07-10-06, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

As sick as this is...

"The victim, a runaway from a group home, went to a Fresno apartment complex Saturday night to visit an acquaintance"

... I don't think this is the whole story at all.
Old 07-10-06, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I believe they probably have a girl that was rapped but I wouldn't get worked up over a story that is probably only true in part. The only facts in this story is they have a girl that claims she was rapped. There is no reason to believe this story or that it was reported correctly.
Old 07-11-06, 12:11 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by DonnachaOne
As sick as this is...

"The victim, a runaway from a group home, went to a Fresno apartment complex Saturday night to visit an acquaintance"

... I don't think this is the whole story at all.
yeah, definitley not the whole story. because you're missing the parts about the GANG RAPE OF AN 11 YEAR OLD!!!
Old 07-11-06, 01:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Pathetic.
Old 07-11-06, 01:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I seem to remember the jocks getting all the chicks. If this is what they were getting, I'm glad I wasn't a jock.
Old 07-11-06, 01:56 AM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Fucking asshole, hopefully they get raped by other guys in prison.....decent justice to me.
Old 07-11-06, 07:14 AM
Admin-Thanos

Originally Posted by Vandelay_Inds
Fucking jocks. When will society stop glorifying these worthless parasites?
Never? People love sports. People love athletes. People are carbon blobs.
Old 07-11-06, 07:55 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

I have to agree with VinVega about glorifying these people in sports. Christ when I was an undergrad I stood next to a football player during orientation and this gal from the university kept telling him your classes are taking care of this is taking caring or don't worry about this. The university was basically kissing and catering to this guys every need. Then you got the pro's who sign contracts 48 million for 4 years. My god, all this damm money could be best used for other things. I getting my MA degree in hopes I can get a better paying job, and we got pros who are getting paid to put a basketball in hoop or throw a football or whatever. I never liked sports, or the jocks.
Old 07-11-06, 08:15 AM
Admin-Thanos

Originally Posted by themovieguru
I getting my MA degree in hopes I can get a better paying job, and we got pros who are getting paid to put a basketball in hoop or throw a football or whatever. I never liked sports, or the jocks.
I love sports, but I have some perspective. A lot of these guys are not good for much else.
Old 07-11-06, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I"m sorry but none of my fav sports stars are rapists. Pain killer addicts sure, rapists no.
Old 07-11-06, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

"You guys need an eleventh?"
Old 07-11-06, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Cygnet74
yeah, definitley not the whole story. because you're missing the parts about the GANG RAPE OF AN 11 YEAR OLD!!!
I think you are missing his point. Repeating that it was gang rape of an 11 year old in capital letters doesn't make it true, or the full story.

I think his point is that a runaway from a group home out on a saturday night raises questions. Maybe she made this up for reasons of her own? Maybe she was raped by someone and pinned it on these guys? Maybe she went to their house, misrepresented her age, and consensually had sex with them?

Some of the alternative scenarios still implicate these guys, but some don't. But his point (if I understand correctly), which I agree with, is that there may be more details, and hysterically screaming for these football players' heads is a little premature. Once you cut off their head, it's kinda hard to reattatch it if it turns out they're innocent.
Old 07-11-06, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by LurkerDan
I think his point is that a runaway from a group home out on a saturday night raises questions. Maybe she made this up for reasons of her own? Maybe she was raped by someone and pinned it on these guys? Maybe she went to their house, misrepresented her age, and consensually had sex with them?
And as usual,someone wants to blame the victim. It doesn't matter what age she told the guys she was,it doesn't matter how she was dressed and if she were a few years older...it wouldn't matter if she were sexually active.

None of those are reasons to rape someone and be 'ok' with it. The old 'she wanted it/was asking for it' excuse which is all that is ever made once prying into the victims sexual history/attitudes. In order to put judgement on the victim rather than the rapist. And it's no wonder plenty of women don't report rapes when having to face these stupid attititudes of denial and blame.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.