one more question about girls

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 03-14-06, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

actually, it's more of a situational question:

so i've been looking to move and hence taking a look at people's apartments who have a room available.

on sunday, i went and looked at two apartments. the relevant one is the first one. a chinese guy showed me around the apartment and then i met his roommate, a girl from the states.

i felt magnetism when i met her, but since i was thinking about moving in there, i didn't get her number but kept the chinese guy's number. then i saw the second apartment which i liked better, so i told the chinese guy (from Apt 1) via text message that i was still thinking (but heavily inclined toward Apt 2), but could he give me the girl's phone number.

he didn't reply but later that night i received a text from the third roommate in Apt 1, who i didn't meet, that the space was now filled. i tried to reply to his text with a "thank you for letting me know text", but it wouldn't work.

so the next day, meaning yesterday, i called the chinese guy and told him to thank the third roommate and i asked him if i could get the girl's number again.

he said it wasn't his place to do so, but that he would tell her to contact me. i'm sure he did.

but she still hasn't.

now, i'm thinking that she probably thinks i'm some sort of predator. which is completely against my character. i RARELY RARELY RARELY ask a girl out, let alone for their phone number. it's not that i'm uncomfortable or freakish around them, it's just that i'm excruciatingly picky with whom i do ask out.

as a gentleman, if she were to send me a single message saying piss off, i would happily (albeit disappointedly) piss off. all i want to do is have coffee/tea with her and get to know her better, and i mean that in all honesty.

so now the question is there any way to get through to her without coming off as a stalker. going to her place and leaving a note is not a possibility due to that. i know where she works, but same applies.

i'm waiting a day or two to see if she's just doing the waiting thing.

but if she doesn't contact me, i was wondering if there is some way to contact her. i was thinking about putting together a simple webpage with a silly albeit charming "10 Reasons Why You Should Contact Me" and send the web address to the chinese guy so that she can look at it. at least that way it will be clear that my intentions are honorable.

i've never done anything like that before, so i'm just curious if ya'll think this is a good idea or a complete waste of an idea. at the very least, maybe the effort i put into the webpage will convince her to send me a text message to piss off.

i prefer this option to just giving up. anybody who knows me knows that i am not super aggressive when pursuing a girl, so this would be a big change for me.

anyway... thoughts?
-di doctor-
Old 03-14-06, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Sounds really really creepy. Let it go.
Old 03-14-06, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Here is what I got out of the post --

You read way to much into a girl being polite to you, made multiple attempts to contact her and she isn't interested (and potentially had roomate #3 tell you to piss off after it was clear you liked her 'that way').

Pressing the issue is creepy and stalker-ish. She is someone you met for a couple minutes and she doesn't owe you anything. Why are you insisting in hearing back? Her actions speak louder than words, unfortunately.

And putting together a website? Next time, 2 minutes into your first real conversation with a girl, as her for her email address. I hear that's what some DVDTalkers do.
Old 03-14-06, 10:18 AM
Admin-MemeCat

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
It's generally best to get a girl's phone number FROM the girl herself, not a proxy. That's where this whole incident went spiraling down.
Old 03-14-06, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Bushdog
Next time, 2 minutes into your first real conversation with a girl, as her for her email address. I hear that's what some DVDTalkers do.
Damn, beat me to it.
Old 03-14-06, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

There's no way I'm going to read all of that.
Old 03-14-06, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Mopower
There's no way I'm going to read all of that.
Allow me to bold:
Originally Posted by DrRingDing
actually, it's more of a situational question:

so i've been looking to move and hence taking a look at people's apartments who have a room available.

on sunday, i went and looked at two apartments. the relevant one is the first one. a chinese guy showed me around the apartment and then i met his roommate, a girl from the states.

i felt magnetism when i met her, but since i was thinking about moving in there, i didn't get her number but kept the chinese guy's number. then i saw the second apartment which i liked better, so i told the chinese guy (from Apt 1) via text message that i was still thinking (but heavily inclined toward Apt 2), but could he give me the girl's phone number.

he didn't reply but later that night i received a text from the third roommate in Apt 1, who i didn't meet, that the space was now filled. i tried to reply to his text with a "thank you for letting me know text", but it wouldn't work.

so the next day, meaning yesterday, i called the chinese guy and told him to thank the third roommate and i asked him if i could get the girl's number again.

he said it wasn't his place to do so, but that he would tell her to contact me. i'm sure he did.

but she still hasn't.

now, i'm thinking that she probably thinks i'm some sort of predator. which is completely against my character. i RARELY RARELY RARELY ask a girl out, let alone for their phone number. it's not that i'm uncomfortable or freakish around them, it's just that i'm excruciatingly picky with whom i do ask out.

as a gentleman, if she were to send me a single message saying piss off, i would happily (albeit disappointedly) piss off. all i want to do is have coffee/tea with her and get to know her better, and i mean that in all honesty.

so now the question is there any way to get through to her without coming off as a stalker. going to her place and leaving a note is not a possibility due to that. i know where she works, but same applies.

i'm waiting a day or two to see if she's just doing the waiting thing.

but if she doesn't contact me, i was wondering if there is some way to contact her. i was thinking about putting together a simple webpage with a silly albeit charming "10 Reasons Why You Should Contact Me" and send the web address to the chinese guy so that she can look at it. at least that way it will be clear that my intentions are honorable.

i've never done anything like that before, so i'm just curious if ya'll think this is a good idea or a complete waste of an idea. at the very least, maybe the effort i put into the webpage will convince her to send me a text message to piss off.

i prefer this option to just giving up. anybody who knows me knows that i am not super aggressive when pursuing a girl, so this would be a big change for me.

anyway... thoughts?
-di doctor-

Last edited by Th0r S1mpson; 03-14-06 at 10:38 AM.
Old 03-14-06, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

You gave her a chance, she didn't call so forget about it. All those roundabout ways to get her number come off as desperate. And never again entertain the idea of making a website like that, even I got douche chills way over here.
Old 03-14-06, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

i was thinking about putting together a simple webpage with a silly albeit charming "10 Reasons Why You Should Contact Me"
Old 03-14-06, 10:38 AM

let it go. i dont think theres a way to do it without it being creepy or awkward...
Old 03-14-06, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Thor Simpson
Allow me to bold:

Oh. He should definately tell the Chinese guy about his love for him.
Old 03-14-06, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Mod note: removed form code... it was cute but I think it was causing problems w/ the thread

Last edited by nemein; 03-14-06 at 10:49 AM.
Old 03-14-06, 10:44 AM

What's with all this text messaging? It would take me a week to type in any of those messages.
Old 03-14-06, 10:49 AM

To buck the trend I say go for it Just make sure you keep us updated and let us know what the text of the restraining order says

Seriously though... let it go.
Old 03-14-06, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Please, Please, Please put together that website and post a link here so we can all get a good laug, I mean we can critique and let you know how great of an idea it is...
Old 03-14-06, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think he needs to make a video for that web page. In the video he should give his reasons why she should go out with him and plead/beg her to go out with him.

If you don't have a video camera, make her a mix tape and in between the songs explain why he picked those songs for her.
Old 03-14-06, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Don't listen to these people. There was a real connection between the two of you. A magnetism! My only concern is that 10 reasons to contact you may not be enough. I'd make a list of at least 100 reasons to contact you. Print them up on flyers and bombard her with them. I'm talking 2-3 under their door per night, at her work place, on the window of her car, basically anywhere she might be. Older Chineese men have a real hatred for love and magnetism. That's why you have to make sure that she gets your fliers by posting them EVERYWHERE! You can't let that bastard stop you from your one true love. Good luck and Godspeed!
Old 03-14-06, 10:58 AM

Unbeleivable... just take every sane person's advice and give it up.

Why do I predict a restraining order being filed?
Old 03-14-06, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by tcoursen
make her a mix tape and in between the songs explain why he picked those songs for her.
May I suggest some Cannibal Corpse? (F#cked with a knife perhaps?)
Old 03-14-06, 11:22 AM

I think the Chinese guy has the hots for her and is keeping you from your one true love.
Old 03-14-06, 11:25 AM

i get the point. no website and nothing else forthcoming. letting it go. yeesh.

i bounce an idea off of ya'll and ya castrate me! i anticipated that the idea might get this sort of a response, actually. (i bounced the idea because i thought ya'll would be a good way to set me straight.)

mods, ya can lock this thread before somebody takes out a "beat the shit out of him" order against me for being so stupid. *shrug* obviously i still have something to learn.
-di doctor-
Old 03-14-06, 11:27 AM

p.s. i would delete the thread, but i want ya'll to know that i posted it in good humor.
Old 03-14-06, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

p.s. i would delete the thread, but i want ya'll to know that i posted it in good humor.

That's what the BTK killer said.
Old 03-14-06, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think everyone is just having a bit of fun. Would you PLEASE post the ten reasons to contact you?
Old 03-14-06, 11:40 AM

i would post 'em but i never wrote 'em. it was still in idea form, not really thought out.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.