Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

New Years sucked

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

New Years sucked

Old 01-01-06, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live, Buffalo NY
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Years sucked

Worst New Years ever last night. On the drive down from Buffalo to my friend's party I hit some ice and went for a ride through a ditch, across the side of a hill through brush, then back into the ditch. Champagne bottle broke so now the car stinks inside. No apparent damage other than the bumper hanging slightly down on one side. Get to the party. Kind of boring, then my one friend's GF and her friend decide they want to go to this shitty bar down the street so they can dance. So my friend gets dragged off with them.
I go to leave at a little after 1am. Car won't start, battery must be too low. I had had to get a jump from the tow truck after he got me out of the ditch but figured the driving I did after that should have been enough to recharge it since it wasn't too dead for the lights to work when I got pulled out.
At this point everyone left at the party is people I don't know except for my one friend who's house we're at, and they all decide to go to a bar that's open until 4am.
I wasn't able to get a jump start until about 4:15am
So now I'm at my parents' house and they are in SC and turned the heat down to 50 and turned off the water. I'm going to give my brother a little more time to sleep then call him to have him give me another jump so I can get the car into the garage (I couldn't park in it last night due to not having a way to get it open without going inside the house first, which reguired my keys and I was too tired to mess around with taking the house key off the keychain so i could leave the car running) and hopefully get a battery charger on it.
Old 01-01-06, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Your night was a lot more exciting than mine.

How's the car look now that it's light out? At least you aren't hurt and didn't get pulled over after that incident.
Old 01-01-06, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live, Buffalo NY
it looks ok, I forgot my camera or I'd have pics of it in the ditch. The right side of the front bumper seems to have popped loose, and some black plastic piece that used to hang below the bumper came off but it in one piece. The tire looks like it just got pushed off the rim enough to lose air, doesn't actually look like it is damaged.
Once i get it into my dad's garage I'm putting it on the ramps he has to look underneath, but I think everything is fine as i was able to drive normally last night
Old 01-01-06, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey, I was in a hotel room by myself (at least there was some football on).

No way I was going to go to that mess in the French Quarter!
Old 01-01-06, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

You drove from Buffalo to South Carolina ?!?!?
Old 01-01-06, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by The Bus
Sounds like it sucked before he hit the ditch.
Old 01-01-06, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by The Bus
They went to SC.
Old 01-01-06, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I was just driving to Jamestown NY from buffalo
I'm back in buffalo now. Started up this morning without needing a jump. Looked it over, appears to just have some very minor cosmetic damage to the bumper, mainly that it popped off its holder thing.
I got under it and nothing looked damaged but I still plan on calling the dealer tomorrow to set up an appointment to have them go over everything and fix the bumper and tire
Old 01-01-06, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Sdallnct
Hey, I was in a hotel room by myself (at least there was some football on).

No way I was going to go to that mess in the French Quarter!
Funny, my new years sucked because we didn't get everybody together in time to go to that mess in the French Quarter.

-JP
Old 01-01-06, 03:18 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

no i had the worst.

had half a glass of cheap wine, got a horrible headache, played 2 hours of halo (yes, my roomates are still playing that fucking thing) and then some crazy bitch ran in my house, started changing her clothes in my living room and threatend to kill me if I told anyone she was there. My roomates ran away and left me alone to deal with her. i finally got her out of the hosue after 45 minutes, watched Carson daly's new years eve thing for 3 minutes and then watched a howard stern/south park marathon.

then i passed out.

fuck this.
Old 01-01-06, 03:23 PM
Premium Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by whynotsmile
had half a glass of cheap wine, got a horrible headache, played 2 hours of halo (yes, my roomates are still playing that fucking thing) and then some crazy bitch ran in my house, started changing her clothes in my living room and threatend to kill me if I told anyone she was there. My roomates ran away and left me alone to deal with her. i finally got her out of the hosue after 45 minutes, watched Carson daly's new years eve thing for 3 minutes and then watched a howard stern/south park marathon.
Other than the headache, sounds like a pretty good time
Old 01-01-06, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

pics of the chick?
Old 01-01-06, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

At least your shit didn't burn down.
Old 01-01-06, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah well I"m 26 and you know what I did? Went and saw King Kong with my parents. Yeah I suck.
Old 01-01-06, 03:53 PM

I started getting sick(aching/tired/weak) after 4 hours of a 12.5 hour shift at work. Came home got a little to eat, went to bed around 9:00 p.m. Woke up around 12:30 a.m. with a big headache and a fever, sweating like crazy. Took some ibuprofen and was able to sleep until 8:30 this morning. Now I have some kind of stomache thing going on today...
Old 01-01-06, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by whynotsmile
no i had the worst.

then i passed out.

fuck this.
Yeah, but in the end, whynotsmile?
Old 01-01-06, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by The Cow
Other than the headache, sounds like a pretty good time
I was thinking the same thing...I miss nights like that.
Old 01-01-06, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

So my NYE 2005 was much like the previous 5-6 I've had with this group of people. Had the requisite drama, plenty of drinking, lots of dancing, girl on girl on guy action, very drunken verbal sparing early in the morning, and the better part of the next day recovering.

-p
Old 01-01-06, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Sorry to hear that. If it makes you feel any better I've had the flu since Tuesday and spent last night at home watching tv. I feel asleep kinda early. My wife woke me up 2 mins before midnight so I could actually be awake for the New Year.
Old 01-02-06, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I played my 360 all night.
Old 01-02-06, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Just another day of the week