Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

I'm dreaming of a Poo-filled Christmas..

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 12-25-05, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A Chirstmas tale for all of you kiddies...

After opening presents and having some breaksfast we had a very special visitor arrive at our home this morning. Mr. Hanky the Christmas Poo! And he brought presents for all!

Yep, the freaking sewage backed up in our basement this morning. Oh joy, what a merry Christmas indeed! And I am just getting used to celebrating this Holiday (it is my wife's religion). Yeeeaahhh!

We are supposed to be on our way to my wife's family's house, followed by having them come back over to our house for coffee and deserts. Mmmm...yummy. yeah, that is not happening anymore. I am sitting here, waiting for the plumber to come and charge me a mint to roto router my own feces out of my basement...yeaahhh!

So, while I wait, won't you help me think of some appropriate Christmas carols?

The ones I have so far (inlcuding the thread's title):

"Oh Christmas Poo, Oh Christmas Poo"

"Here Comes Christmas Poo, Here Comes Christmas Poo, Right up my Drain"

"Poo Poo Smells, Poo Poo Smells" (jingle bells)

Any other ones that I am missing?

Hey, at least I am having fun with this, sort of. The cleaning process was quite creative. It involved strapping plastic grocery bags onto an old pair of boots while using rubber gloves and bleach (can't run water, that is a no no). While I am doing the cleaning, my wife comments, "well, at least it is your own shit". I thought about arguing or saying that it doesn't matter, then I realized, in a sick and nasty sort of way, I guess I can take solace in that fact afterall (she hadn't used the bathroom yet).

So I looked at her and said, "well, let's just cut out the middle man here, I kinda have to go again, how about I drop trou right here and crap on the floor?". For some reason, she didn't find it so funny. Oh well..."Deck the Floor with my own Poo Poo, fa la la la la la, la la la la..."

Ahhh, I feel better now that I have ranted and divulged waaayyyy too much information to you all, but at least you may have gotten a chuckle out of this tale too...
Old 12-25-05, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Siphon it into the neighbors yard.

At least you got out of the festivities you didn't seem to interested in.
Old 12-25-05, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dave-o
I am sitting here, waiting for the plumber to come and charge me a mint to roto router my own feces out of my basement...
Let's see...weekend service charge (it is Sunday after all)...plus an extra charge since it's Christmas...min charge of $100 just to find the problem...factor in labor and materials...not a good way to spend the holidays, even if you celebrate them or not.