DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Other Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/other-talk-9/)
-   -   Anyone here fail their Bar Exam? What did you do differently the second time? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/other-talk/437986-anyone-here-fail-their-bar-exam-what-did-you-do-differently-second-time.html)

Toad 09-14-05 09:16 PM

Anyone here fail their Bar Exam? What did you do differently the second time?

Or third...fourth...etc.?

I get my results back Monday sometime. Not entirely confident about the results. From what I understand, Florida is among the hardest exams. There were 3400 of us taking it those two days; more than 1000 will fail.

At any rate, I'm not giving up if I fail once.

What did you do differently the second time you took it to enable you to pass?

Did you take both parts (or all parts if your state's test had more/less than 2 parts), or just the one part you failed, etc?

Bloomiesgirl 09-14-05 09:59 PM

You are a sandbagger. You've passed. I'm positive.

darkflounder 09-14-05 10:31 PM

I haven't passed a bar in years.

wildcatlh 09-14-05 10:33 PM

Hey, I'm in the same position as you (waiting for the FL results)

This is my 3rd exam (passed the other two on the first try). Just remember all the idiots you saw there in Tampa, and then remember that all you really have to do is do better than the worst 30% of them to have passed. :) You didn't need an A, you needed a C-. Or really a D, considering that the average score on the essays is 46-50 out of 100...

Toad 09-14-05 10:37 PM

I don't know what a "sandbagger" is...but despite the fact that I'm of adequate intelligence, I just don't perform well on tests like that (maybe that DOES make me dumb...). I didn't even do well on BarBri practice tests.

So basically I feel NOT that good about it. I'm not trying to psych myself up or anything dumb like that -- I just don't feel good about it.

Good luck on Monday!

Toad 09-14-05 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by darkflounder

Then why are you posting here?

Goldblum 09-14-05 11:08 PM

Oh Christ, does this mean I get my results back soon (PA)? I've been living it up at my job, but if I fail, that will be quite embarassing at the workplace methinks.

EDIT: I think PA gives our results in early October.

Toad 09-15-05 06:13 AM

Yeah same here man - I know I don't lose my job, but it will be pretty embarassing nonetheless. It'll be hard to show my face on Tuesday if things aren't as I hope.

wildcatlh 09-15-05 08:24 AM

When I took the PA bar, they gave the results in mid-October.

As for FL... I know I do lose my job if I failed, so there's more than a little pressure. But from talking to people who took it, I know pretty much everyone is convinced they bombed the FL multiple choice section. The essays weren't too bad. The MBE was the MBE.

Monday can't get here soon enough. :)

Texasgingersnap 09-15-05 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by darkflounder

:beer2: :thumbsup:

Goldblum 09-15-05 09:34 AM

I started off strong on the MBE but around the quesion 175 mark, I could feel my eyes glazing over. Only so many problems one can handle concerning mortgage foreclosures.

wildcatlh 09-15-05 09:36 AM

The MBE was tough. Tougher than it was two years ago.

Where'd you take the bar, Goldblum? They still have it at the convention center in KoP?

das Monkey 09-15-05 09:47 AM

Knowing what I do about your education, <b>Toad</b>, you're in trouble.

das

P.S. J/k (sort of ;)) Good luck.

LurkerDan 09-15-05 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Bloomiesgirl
You are a sandbagger.

:hscratch:

Professor Frink 09-15-05 02:51 PM

Don't feel bad, I know a guy who failed it 8 times. Seriously.

I think he finally gave up.

ChiTownAbs, Inc 09-15-05 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by LurkerDan
:hscratch:

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=sandbagger

look at c

LurkerDan 09-15-05 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by ChiTownAbs, Inc

You're in competition with Preacher for the not-the-sharpest-tool-in-the-shed award, aren't you? :p

Goldblum 09-15-05 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by WildcatLH
The MBE was tough. Tougher than it was two years ago.

Where'd you take the bar, Goldblum? They still have it at the convention center in KoP?

Yes, the Valley Forge Convention Center. I thought the PA Essays overall weren't too bad. There was a lot of Family Law on there. However, history dictates that I'm a terrible judge of my performance. The classes in law school I thought I nailed, I didn't do so hot, and vice versa. :(

Honestly, if I fail, I don't know what I'll do. The thought of exerting all the time studying for that thing again in less than 6 months gives me the shakes.

Best of luck to all.

LurkerDan 09-15-05 04:47 PM

For anyone who does fail: if you're smart, fear not. Every single one of my firneds who failed on try #1 passed on try #2, including some who were awful test takers.

If you're dumb, however... :lol:

Texasgingersnap 09-15-05 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Professor Frink
Don't feel bad, I know a guy who failed it 8 times. Seriously.

I think he finally gave up.

Bummer! He'd of been perfect for Congress too.....

Or, at the very least, the Texas State Legislature......

wildcatlh 09-19-05 09:57 AM

I passed!

Hopefully you did too, Toad.

Fincher Fan 09-19-05 09:59 AM

Congrats! I bet it was all thanks to:
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/09...1.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Toad 09-20-05 06:41 AM

I passed as well! Congrats to you and everyone else who received good news.

For those that didn't, good luck the next time around if you plan to take it again!

twikoff 09-20-05 02:17 PM

congrats guys :banana:
always good to know some lawyers, for that day that I finally flip out :whofart:

kantonburg 09-20-05 02:19 PM

Congrats Toad!!