Reload this Page >

Kanye West's rant

Other Talk "Otterville"

Kanye West's rant

Old 09-02-05, 09:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kanye West's rant

http://media.putfile.com/Kanye79

At first, i thought it was a skit b/c Mike Myers was on with him... but Myers looked friggin' mortified afterwards! lol. Oh, and Kanye used the wrong forum to voice his anger. This show was not about HIS agenda, but to raise money for the victims of the hurricane. What an obnoxious d-bag.

edit: oh, this was filmed live during NBC's concert for the hurricane benefit.
Old 09-02-05, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Eh...it needs to be said. We need to just confront the race issue head on in some fashion. I'm tired of black people not being able to voice their feelings without someone saying they always play the race card. I'm also tired of tired of the race issue being brought up when sometimes it's just not the case. Let's just find a way to help heal the situation and end the tension.

Although Kanye didn't do a good job of expressing himself--he didn't have much time--I see what he's saying. Hell, how much man power is always devoted to a single blonde woman who constantly goes missing in America every year....
Old 09-02-05, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
On the one hand I think it wasn't the time for that to be said. But on the other it needed to be said because be it for the right or the wrong reasons ALOT of people really feel like that right now.

Myers reactions were priceless.
Old 09-02-05, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Isn't this the guy threw a party where Suge Knight was shot not so long ago? I don't think I'll be taking him too seriously.
Old 09-02-05, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
who the fuck is he anyway?
first I've ever heard of the asshat
I dont' think I was missing anything though
Old 09-02-05, 09:55 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Odd, I was sure I saw both black AND white people on the television down there. It's too bad this just didn't happen on an indian reservation instead... then nobody would have gave a fuck.......
Old 09-02-05, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: under the stars with a great view of the mountains and a the lovely aroma of cow shit.
FYI

I care about black people.
Old 09-02-05, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

the fact is the majority of New Orleans is black.. hence the majority of looters are black.. if a disaster happened in Vermont, the looters would be white.. if it happened in Texas, they would be Hispanic...
Old 09-02-05, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
not that anything will come of it
[email protected]
Kayne West's idiotic comments show the need to tape delay any event, especially ones with moron "celebrities"
A lot of people won't be using your telethon to donate money due to that idiot's ridiculous race baiting.
Old 09-02-05, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: under the stars with a great view of the mountains and a the lovely aroma of cow shit.
Old 09-02-05, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Its how when you release a shit 2nd album, you say anything to draw attention to yourself. Was'nt it last week when he was bigger than Prince and stevie wonder. FUCK kanye west and his new album is all I have to say
Old 09-02-05, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

His new album isnt that great IMO
Old 09-02-05, 10:10 PM
Banned

His new album doesn't really matter here.

*Though you're wrong, and it was 10 times better than his last album.
And what he said was true. Finally someone had the guts to say it without fear of being accused of "playing the race card"
Old 09-02-05, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Didn't Mike do a sketch similar to this on SNL? He and Heather Locklear's characters were trying to sell a pasta maker on tv and she kept blurting out stuff about the Holocaust while he was trying to stay on course.

EDIT: Here it is

Last edited by Brain Stew; 09-02-05 at 10:13 PM.
Old 09-02-05, 10:13 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Uchiha Sasuke
And what he said was true. Finally someone had the guts to say it without fear of being accused of "playing the race card"
What he said was true? Really? Wow.
Suspended

Originally Posted by Brain Stew
Didn't Mike do a sketch similar to this on SNL? He and Heather Locklear's characters were trying to sell a pasta maker on tv and she kept blurting out stuff about the Holocaust while he was trying to stay on course.

EDIT: Here it is
lol, yep, and he'd make that same "oh dear lord" face.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, it certainly doesn't matter to me. But since his "unscripted" outburst has now ensured that his name will be bandied about in every newspaper, website, and news-talk program in the country tomorrow, it probably matters to him.
Old 09-02-05, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Brain Stew
So what? Fuck Heather Locklear for playing the race card and fuck her new album. But mostly I'll fuck Heather Locklear.
Old 09-02-05, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by dork
So what? Fuck Heather Locklear for playing the race card and fuck her new album. But mostly I'll fuck Heather Locklear.
You just don't get it, dork. I feel her music. It speaks to me.

I can relate to what she has to say as I am also a former 80s blonde bimbo who has had sex with Tommy Lee.
Old 09-02-05, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

that's why his 2 secretaries of state are black
oh wait, you'll probably just ignore them as "uncle tom sell outs"
Old 09-02-05, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

"Bush doesn't care about Black People!"

I fucking LOVE the internet. ::
Old 09-02-05, 10:29 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by tsohg

Wow, that was fast!

"Honor the words of wisdom spoken by Kanye West on Friday September 2, 2005"
Old 09-02-05, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by tsohg

"Honor the words of wisdom spoken by tsohg on Friday September 2, 2005"
Old 09-02-05, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by j123vt_99
the fact is the majority of New Orleans is black.. hence the majority of looters are black.. if a disaster happened in Vermont, the looters would be white.. if it happened in Texas, they would be Hispanic...
exactly, this is an issue of economic class, not race. those stranded in the city during and after the storm were there not because of the color of their skin but because of their income (or lack thereof), health, or a combination of the two.

i am, by no means, a fan of george w bush but calling him racist in this context is short-sighted and irresponsible. did he and his buddies cut federal money for better flood/disaster preparedness in the city? yes. should he have gone back to washington if nothing more than to give the illusion of government in action instead of flying to AZ to grandstand and talk up his war? yes. were either of those decisions, or any of the other countless he's made concerning the disaster, motivated by "not caring black people?" not at all.

kanye west needs to use this time urge his fans and fellow americans to give to the relief effort, not to spout his theories from a soapbox.
Old 09-02-05, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 152 Likes on 112 Posts

With that username, you should be fighting for Anime and Manga rights for 10-yr olds.

Last edited by DVD Polizei; 09-02-05 at 10:41 PM.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.