Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

quick easy photoshop help, por favor

Old 05-26-05, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

quick easy photoshop help, por favor

hey folks--need some quick help before 8 pm tonight on this. trying to get a cake decorated for my graduation tomorrow and i have no photoshop skills (or program, in fact). if someone can take this image at
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...lr%3D%26sa%3DN

and sharpen the UT Houston logo at the top, that would be great. i dont need to enlarge it too much but each time i make it any bigger, it gets blurry. thanks in advance otters!
Old 05-26-05, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Not too helpful, but this is the image kr's talking about:

http://www.ruf.rice.edu/~txinsh/imag...ut-houston.jpg

EDIT:

Might be easier to take something like this and slap in the text at the top (and cut off the bottom).

Old 05-26-05, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

if I can use google to find pr0n I can use my search skills to find better logo for ya..

here ya go.. 4meg tiff files ready to go.. ment for making tshirt and so on.. Come on now, it's your school you should have known about this.. You got bailed out by a California State Sacramento grad.. take that medical boy!!

http://www.uthouston.edu/graphicguid...uthsc_h/print/

edit: to add a jpg for ya in case you don't have the programs one needs to cut it out the files in the link..

Last edited by DeadLamb; 05-26-05 at 06:21 PM.
Old 05-26-05, 06:24 PM

deadlamb--you sneaky california people
thanks for looking that up. unfortunately, i was hoping for just he plain jane UT Houston part since it has to fit ona cake and space is of the essence. i know, i know--beggars shouldnt be choosers but damnit, i'm a woman, thus i'm picky!
Old 05-26-05, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by krkuhl
plain jane UT Houston part
that's no big deal.. if you look at the same page it says the logo is part of the Times font family. So you should be able able to just retype "UT Houston" it in even notepad and get the same look as long as you pic a font that is in the "Time" family..

unless we are not talking about the same logo and stevevt posted the wrong pic.. and you want a big UH..
Old 05-26-05, 07:02 PM

sounds simple enough but you give me and my skills way too much credit. remember, i'm in texas--if the sun hasnt friendmy brain, then all the beer has...
Old 05-26-05, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

yeah just look at the page for the standards..
http://www.uthouston.edu/graphicguid...ics/color.html
tells ya what color UT Orange is and font to use..

so this is "close" being it's Time New Roman but that's the only time font I have on this cpu but you get the idea.. if that;s what you were talking about.. oh and I hear ya about the sun doing the brain fry.. It hit low 90's out here today.. Of course everyone in areas where it's still cold and rainy right now hate us

Last edited by DeadLamb; 05-26-05 at 07:20 PM.