am i a back stabbing biotch for this?

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 02-20-05, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

scenario:
just got done playing in a vball tournament at a local small college over by me. walk out and watch another player (whom i have played with in the pastand regularly see at the gym) literally back ON TOP of the car parked behind her (parallel parking on the street). her car leaved about a 15 x 3 inch scratch on the center of the hood, a 4 inch round dent in the bumper and about a 8 inch round dent in the hood. she went to give her insurance information to another girl (different team) when that girl said, "its not my car." so i go on my merry way, walk to my car when i think, hmm, i wonder if she is still there waiting for the car's driver or if she left a note. lo and behold, no note was left, just the damage. so i was going to leave a note when the car's owners came out. told them what happened (there are students, not vball players if that makes a difference). so i dont know the full name nor the license plater of the girl who hit her but i do have a way to get it. but its kinda weird--i feel like i am ratting her out, especially since we see eachother on a regular basis. what would you have done in this situation?
Old 02-20-05, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk God

I would give them the information. Not doing so would be truly crappy. Her mistake, not yours.
Old 02-20-05, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

biotech or beeyotch?

How could this be ratting her out? She caused damage to a vehicle and didn't leave information.

I'm sure anyone that's a victim would not be happy to find out a witness didn't help with some information. Too many times the victim gets stuck paying for someone else's mistake.
Old 02-20-05, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The best thing to do is put yourself in the position of the girl who's car was smashed. What would you want 'you' to do in that situation?

-pedagogue
Old 02-20-05, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

One time we were in Sam's Club and were paged to the front with our license plate.

It turned out to be an off-duty cop who witnessed a van hitting a shopping cart which hit our car. We went to the police station and they didn't want to bother with it even though we had a reliable witness.

The van was registered to a non-profit church. I checked out the address and it was a house in a bad inner city neighborhood. Church-HA!

They couldn't prove who was driving and left it alone. So we ended up paying $500 to get the fender fixed instead of claiming insurance.

Not a good example of a bystander making a difference, but anyway...
Old 02-21-05, 12:05 AM

you should have knocked her out, dragged into your backseat and...

oh, wait...yeah, you are kinda stabbing her in the back but its alright cuz she wont even admit her own mistakes.
Old 02-21-05, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

beeyotch
Old 02-21-05, 12:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

You may be a back-stabbing biotech, but hitting someone's car and driving off is a low-down bastardly thing to do, not to mention a crime. I think you did the right thing by telling the other person what happened.
Old 02-21-05, 03:07 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have done this exact thing and would do it again in a heartbeat. People who don't leave information are scum.
Old 02-21-05, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I didn't read the original post, but I can say with absolute certainty you are a back-stabbing beeyotch.
Old 02-21-05, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I think you did the right thing.
Old 02-21-05, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
You doing/did the right thing.

I once saw a woman back into a car then drive off. I'm sure she saw me watching the whole thing but she drove off anyway. I got her plate info and I left my number on the hit car. Later that day this guy called thinking I hit him. I explained what happened and gave him her plate info.
Old 02-21-05, 11:17 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
kr - I think you should update us on your quest to find the proper way to eat a hamburger and hamburger bun in equal proportions with each bite.

BTW - you did the right thing.
Old 02-21-05, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

No, you're not a bitch. You're a good person.

She should've at least left a note. I am sure it could be classified as a "hit and run", so screw her!
Old 02-21-05, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

you did the right thing... nothing is lower than some piece scum that damages somebodys car and takes off.
Old 02-21-05, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Dude, you're not Skull and Bones. The bitch fucked up someone else's ride and needs to pay.

Of course, you are "ratting" on women in general, reminding us all that they should never be allowed to parallel park.

das
Old 02-21-05, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Old 02-21-05, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

bio-itch? better see a doctor about that.

As for the incident, that was the proper and correct thing to do.
Old 02-21-05, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
This woman did maybe a thousand dollars worth of damage to a bystander. Then she skedaddled because she believes that someone else should always pay for her mistakes.

Why should you cover for her just because you play volleyball with her? It's the right thing to do. Talk to the manager of the gym, describe the woman, and tell tell him that you're willing to testify against her.

But since she is entirely selfish, she will tell everyone else in the gym that you ARE a backstabbing biotch. The people who are worth knowing will take your side.
Old 02-21-05, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by das Monkey
Dude, you're not Skull and Bones. The bitch fucked up someone else's ride and needs to pay.
I wholeheartedly agree with Xzibit.
Old 02-21-05, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Mad Dawg

I wholeheartedly agree with Xzibit.

Wait till I get my new rims, yo!

das
Old 02-21-05, 12:49 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

You did the right thing, I've had my car damaged and the fuckers didn't leave a note. She deserves to ratted on
Old 02-21-05, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: (formerly known as Inglenook Hampendick) Fairbanks, Alaska!
I reserve my advice until I can get full information, starting with a picture of you (and maybe the other women as well) in your skimpy volleyball outfit.
Old 02-21-05, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

As someone who has been hit by scumbag who didn't leave info, I think you did the right thing. It ate up a huge chunk of my savings for college to pay my deductible when this happened to me. Of course, in hindsight I probably would have blown it on beer, but you did the right thing anyway.
Old 02-21-05, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

How would the girl know that there was only one witness?

If she gives you crap, just hand her a printout of this thread. The DVD Talk jury has spoken! Case closed!

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.