Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

Taco Bell's Sauce: Secret "Come-Back-For-More" ingredients?

Other Talk "Otterville"

Old 01-27-05, 03:24 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 143 Likes on 106 Posts

Ok, so I've been to Taco Bell for years, and I just wondered something. Do Taco Bell employees get paid by commission for how many sauce packets they give away? Why am I being asked every single time for sauce? Tonight I was asked twice. Once when I ordered, and once when I paid at the window.

I get asked twice for sauce, but rarely do I get a fork included with my Nachos Supreme!

So maybe there is a secret ingredient in this sauce that makes you crave more?
Old 01-27-05, 03:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's better than most places where you ask for some packet condiment, and you get two, if you're lucky. (Arby's, I'm looking in your direction)
Old 01-27-05, 03:30 AM

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei
Ok, so I've been to Taco Bell for years, and I just wondered something. Do Taco Bell employees get paid by commission for how many sauce packets they give away? Why am I being asked every single time for sauce? Tonight I was asked twice. Once when I ordered, and once when I paid at the window.

I get asked twice for sauce, but rarely do I get a fork included with my Nachos Supreme!

So maybe there is a secret ingredient in this sauce that makes you crave more?
At mine they keep asking me if I want beef or steak. I get so tired of saying beef. If I wanted the steak, I would ask for steak.

And they ask for the sauce only once, when I pay. But none of them are hot at all. The fire sauce tastes like vinegar. I'd like to see them give out packets of Dave's Insanity Sauce.

What I really wish they would do at Taco Bell is give out more napkins. How do they expect you to eat with only one napkin? Can't they tell a slob when they see one?

Oh, and while I am on a rant, how about spreading the sour cream on the burrito rather than having it all on just one end. I'd like to have a little bit of sour cream in each bite. And how about rolling the damn burrito without getting the filling to spill on the outside of the burrito, them smearing it all over the wrapping paper. Slobs don't need more ways to get food on themselevs.

LOL, I feel better. Thanks to the OP who started this thread.
Old 01-27-05, 03:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

When I go to any Burger place, I'll normally get stiffed any ketchup at the drive-thru. By the time I realize it, I have a dry burger and it's too late to go back to the window.
When I do remember to ask for ketchup however, they hand me a fistful of ten. That's a little more than I need...
Can't they just make it standard to include 2 packets per order?
Old 01-27-05, 03:33 AM

Originally Posted by FinkPish
It's better than most places where you ask for some packet condiment, and you get two, if you're lucky. (Arby's, I'm looking in your direction)
Arby's. I love their beef n' cheeder. I miss the old 5 for $5 deal. That is a good meal! None of them have it any more, and the one by me only has 5 for $7 on weekends and you can't mix and match.
Old 01-27-05, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by filmerp
When I go to any Burger place, I'll normally get stiffed any ketchup at the drive-thru. By the time I realize it, I have a dry burger and it's too late to go back to the window.
When I do remember to ask for ketchup however, they hand me a fistful of ten. That's a little more than I need...
Can't they just make it standard to include 2 packets per order?
I prefer it when I get ten packets - two is never enough.
Old 01-27-05, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DoogieHowser
Arby's. I love their beef n' cheeder. I miss the old 5 for $5 deal. That is a good meal! None of them have it any more, and the one by me only has 5 for $7 on weekends and you can't mix and match.
You can still get 5 for 5.95 with their weekly coupons. The arbys melts are 5 for 5 now I think.
Old 01-27-05, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They put a special chemical in it that makes you crave it fortnightly, <I>smartass</I>!
Old 01-27-05, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

None of this is as bad as McDonalds charging you for their dipping sauce.

You are allowed only ONE pack per nugget/strip order, and damn you to hell if you want some sauce when you order something other than their nuggets/strips!!!
Old 01-27-05, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 143 Likes on 106 Posts
I bet a dipping sauce packet is actually more expensive than the cost of a big mac.
Old 01-27-05, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Probably. Charging for extra sauce is a little silly. Especially when in many cases I don't want any, so I'm saving them money. If I see them charge for extra, I definitely get my free ones. One pack per *order* is ridiculous. 1 pack per, say, 4 nuggets, I can see [that is, if I order a 20 pack, I expect more sauce.]

I agree, 2 packets of ketchup is not enough. I can knock out some ketchup.
I hate when the only option, inside the store, is the packets rather than a dispenser of some sort. I go through like thirty packets, and I can't believe the packets are cheaper than a big bag of ketchup.
Old 01-27-05, 10:23 AM

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Whenever I go to Taco Bell I get like 20 hot sauce packets, whether I request them or not. This is for an order for one person.
Old 01-27-05, 10:28 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Maybe that's why I hate Taco Bell. I've never eaten the sauce.
Old 01-27-05, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Groucho

Whenever I go to Taco Bell I get like 20 hot sauce packets, whether I request them or not. This is for an order for one person.
Same here. No one wastes like the folks at the Bell. Between the 20+ sauce packets and a fistful of those brown napkins, I need a map to find my food in their to-go bags.

das
Old 01-27-05, 11:40 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by AndyCapps
Maybe that's why I hate Taco Bell. I've never eaten the sauce.
You ate Taco Bell dry? Well, no frickin' wonder you hate it. Taco Bell's meat isn't seasoned very well, so it would taste terribly bland without some sauce on it. Try the Fire Sauce. It's not very hot, but it's pretty tasty.
Old 01-27-05, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Otto
You ate Taco Bell dry? Well, no frickin' wonder you hate it. Taco Bell's meat isn't seasoned very well, so it would taste terribly bland without some sauce on it. Try the Fire Sauce. It's not very hot, but it's pretty tasty.
I like Taco Bell, but I stopped using their sauces about 2 years ago when I discovered this:

Old 01-27-05, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 51 Likes on 35 Posts
Put the sauce on a tarnished penny for a minute. Good stuff.
Old 01-27-05, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
I usually park, order at the counter, then load up my to-go bag with Fire Sauce at the condiment/napkin station. I have a Quaker Oats can that's about half-full of extra Fire Sauce packets in my pantry. I usually put 3-4 packs on a taco and 4-5 on bigger items like Grilled Stuft Burritos.
Old 01-27-05, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Turd Ferguson
I usually park, order at the counter, then load up my to-go bag with Fire Sauce at the condiment/napkin station. I have a Quaker Oats can that's about half-full of extra Fire Sauce packets in my pantry. I usually put 3-4 packs on a taco and 4-5 on bigger items like Grilled Stuft Burritos.

That reminds me of the time I ordered Pizza Hut to go and when the girl at the counter offered me red pepper, she gave me about 30 packets of them. I refilled my entire McCormick Red Pepper dispenser with that order.

I always keep 3 extra ketchup packets in my car just in case I forget to ask for ketchup. I hate how at my McDonalds, when I get to the 2nd window, they already have my bag folded over and when I ask for ketchup, they get annoyed because they have to unfold the bag, reach over to the ketchup bin to get my ketchup, and after all that, re-fold the bag!
Old 01-27-05, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
They always give me like 8-10 packs for a bean burrito. I have a bunch left over in a drawer.

Taco Time has great sauce.
Old 01-27-05, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by rabbit77
I hate how at my McDonalds, when I get to the 2nd window, they already have my bag folded over and when I ask for ketchup, they get annoyed because they have to unfold the bag, reach over to the ketchup bin to get my ketchup, and after all that, re-fold the bag!

YES!!

If I go to a burger place I using go to BK...but they do the same thing. I always ask for ketchup because they put 2 in the bag...if you are lucky. I use to keep spare ketchup (packet) in my office to counteract any ketchup stinginess at the drive through window.

-pedagogue
Old 01-27-05, 01:37 PM

New on ebay;

Sauce packs.
Old 01-27-05, 01:49 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Originally Posted by Otto
I'm weird. I can't stand sauces like that. The only thing I'd eat there is the chicken soft tacos. But they recently changed them so they're worse than they were.
Old 01-27-05, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live, Buffalo NY
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
hmm. every Arby's I've been to and gotten sauce at has given me a huge handfull of packets
Old 01-27-05, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by rabbit77
That reminds me of the time I ordered Pizza Hut to go and when the girl at the counter offered me red pepper, she gave me about 30 packets of them. I refilled my entire McCormick Red Pepper dispenser with that order.

I always keep 3 extra ketchup packets in my car just in case I forget to ask for ketchup. I hate how at my McDonalds, when I get to the 2nd window, they already have my bag folded over and when I ask for ketchup, they get annoyed because they have to unfold the bag, reach over to the ketchup bin to get my ketchup, and after all that, re-fold the bag!
My McDonalds is not much better. Sometimes they don't give napkins, other times they give me a half empty container of fries. Of customer service, they are probably lowest for all the mistakes they make. I think Wendy's is about the best, I normally get everything I order in the bag from them. Taco Bell is somewhere in the middle, I get everything I ordered but sometimes it is a mess. Arby's is near the top for good service too.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.