Reload this Page >

"My Daddy Killed Me"

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

"My Daddy Killed Me"

Old 10-29-04, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
"My Daddy Killed Me"

TACOMA, Wash. (Oct. 28) - A seriously wounded 8-year-old boy calmly described his father's deadly knife rampage during a call for help to 911. "My daddy killed me with a knife and I'm gone," the boy told a dispatcher. "Can you please send the Army men or the ambulance?"

The soft-spoken child gave a wrong address and then hung up. But a second dispatcher called back, keeping him on the line while a frantic search was under way.

On Wednesday, authorities released the remarkable tape of Anthony Sukto's calm courage during the Oct. 22 ordeal, and the frantic efforts to find him.

"What's going on there?" asked dispatcher Kristine Woodrow.

"My daddy killed me with a butcher knife," Anthony said.

"How did that happen if you are talking to me?" Woodrow asked.

"Because," Anthony answered. "I don't know what happened, but something. He grabbed knives. I woke up. My dad, he was killing my mom and then my, my, my dad told me to go onto the other bed and then he's like, 'You're next,' and then he killed me. I'm still alive. I kind of survived."

Woodrow said she wasn't sure if what she was hearing was for real.

"He was extremely calm," she recalled Wednesday. "It wasn't a typical response from someone who had just witnessed what he witnessed or had just been attacked."

Woodrow said while police and firefighters tried to find where Anthony was calling from, she tried to keep him on the phone.

"Are you bleeding, Anthony?" she asked. "Uh huh," he answered.

"Where are you bleeding from?" she asked. "From my stomach," he said.

"Are you there by yourself?" Woodrow asked. "No. My mom is already dead and I am the only survivor," he said.

Authorities found the home minutes later when the child's father, Tony Sukto, 36, flagged down a fire truck. Sukto has been charged with the murder of his wife, Pranee, 39, and attempted murder of his son, and has pleaded innocent.

Anthony underwent surgery for lacerations to his liver and is recovering.

Woodrow said she wants to visit the little boy to tell him something she didn't get a chance to before.

"I want to tell him how amazing he is," she said. "I don't think he knows that."

Man, I was so afraid it wasn't going to end well. I'm glad the kid survived.
Old 10-29-04, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's really amazing. Cool kid!
Old 10-29-04, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Danol?
Old 10-29-04, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I got a chill.

Of course I was being selfish and visualizing my own children.
Old 10-29-04, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by Buford T Pusser

I got a chill.

Of course I was being selfish and visualizing my own children.
Me too. That the little bastards would rat me out like that just pisses me off.

Seriously, what a sad story. I'm teary eyed. Time to go have some midol or something.
Old 10-29-04, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

That just amazing ... and kind of creepy.
Old 10-29-04, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Terribly sad

How dare kvrdave almost make me laugh
Old 10-29-04, 07:35 PM

I'm thinking maybe the kid grew up in a messed up abusive household and this didn't really faze him as much because he was used to the violence.
Old 10-29-04, 07:37 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

hope the father gets the fucking chair.
Old 10-29-04, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by warcp
I'm thinking maybe the kid grew up in a messed up abusive household and this didn't really faze him as much because he was used to the violence.
Actually, it was probably just from being in shock. Really messed up, and I hope the dad fires as well.
Old 10-29-04, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

fires? You wanna give the dad a gun now?
Old 10-29-04, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Roto
I think he wants to the dad to burn at the stake.
Old 10-29-04, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Thats a crazy ass story...If I would have been on the other end of the line, I would have probably shit my pants. I just hope the boy can get some help and is able to one day lead a normal life.
Old 10-30-04, 04:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

"Are you there by yourself?" Woodrow asked. "No. My mom is already dead and I am the only survivor," he said.
Old 10-30-04, 07:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I heard this on Fox yesterday. Awful.
Old 10-30-04, 09:40 AM

Old 10-30-04, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Here's a link to more of the story:

Boy, 8, calls 911 after attack

Highlights:

“There were no red flags on this at all, not for us anyway,” said Penny Melton, principal at Park Lodge. “This was a family that cared about this child.”

The boy, who celebrated his eighth birthday last weekend, underwent emergency surgery at Mary Bridge Children’s Hospital and Health Center to repair a potentially lacerated liver, and his vital signs were stable later in the day, said Lakewood police Lt. Bret Farrar.

“He admitted to killing his wife and stabbing his son and that he was hearing voices,” said Farrar, who also said the man said he’d used methamphetamine.

Sukto had told co-workers about problems in her marriage. She had filed for divorce in Pierce County, though a hearing in May to set a trial date was canceled.

Farrar said police had never been called to the couple’s house for domestic violence.

Police called into the home and told whomever was inside to come out with his hands up.

“Here comes little Anthony with his hands up,” said neighbor Dona Cook, who awoke to her dog barking because of the police activity in the street. “I’ve never heard a cry like that. It was bone chilling.”

Pranee Sukto was found dead inside the home. Paramedics treated the boy at the scene and took him to Mary Bridge.

Cook said she noticed a change in the father’s behavior Thursday night. He was striding about outside his one-bedroom home, drinking beer and playing with knives. His son and wife were not home at the time.

“He was pacing, I noticed at 3:30 until night time,” Cook said. “He seemed not like (himself). He wouldn’t look at me.”

Cook’s three children saw the armed man, who, in a stern voice, told Cook’s 9-year-old son to go home.

“That’s not (him),” she said of her neighbor’s behavior that night. “He was always playing with the kids. He never has a mean word.”
Old 10-30-04, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Weird. I clicked on this and Cheap Trick sang the lyric "daddy's alright" from Surrender.
Old 10-30-04, 11:14 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Originally posted by TomOpus
Here's a link to more of the story:

Boy, 8, calls 911 after attack

Highlights:

“There were no red flags on this at all, not for us anyway,” said Penny Melton, principal at Park Lodge. “This was a family that cared about this child.”

The boy, who celebrated his eighth birthday last weekend, underwent emergency surgery at Mary Bridge Children’s Hospital and Health Center to repair a potentially lacerated liver, and his vital signs were stable later in the day, said Lakewood police Lt. Bret Farrar.

“He admitted to killing his wife and stabbing his son and that he was hearing voices,” said Farrar, who also said the man said he’d used methamphetamine.

Sukto had told co-workers about problems in her marriage. She had filed for divorce in Pierce County, though a hearing in May to set a trial date was canceled.

Farrar said police had never been called to the couple’s house for domestic violence.

Police called into the home and told whomever was inside to come out with his hands up.

“Here comes little Anthony with his hands up,” said neighbor Dona Cook, who awoke to her dog barking because of the police activity in the street. “I’ve never heard a cry like that. It was bone chilling.”

Pranee Sukto was found dead inside the home. Paramedics treated the boy at the scene and took him to Mary Bridge.

Cook said she noticed a change in the father’s behavior Thursday night. He was striding about outside his one-bedroom home, drinking beer and playing with knives. His son and wife were not home at the time.

“He was pacing, I noticed at 3:30 until night time,” Cook said. “He seemed not like (himself). He wouldn’t look at me.”

Cook’s three children saw the armed man, who, in a stern voice, told Cook’s 9-year-old son to go home.

“That’s not (him),” she said of her neighbor’s behavior that night. “He was always playing with the kids. He never has a mean word.”
If the neighbor saw him acting weird and handling knives, why wouldn't she call the poilce. It could have been nothing, but if she had, she might have saved the wife and stopped the son from being attacked.
Old 10-30-04, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Vryce
If the neighbor saw him acting weird and handling knives, why wouldn't she call the poilce. It could have been nothing, but if she had, she might have saved the wife and stopped the son from being attacked.
I can understand a neighbor not calling. It's not a crime to play with knives, and hindsight is 20/20.

Horrible story, but I'm glad the 911 operator took it seriously. I was afraid this was one of those "called 911 and they wouldn't listen to the victim" type stories (since he was obviously not yet killed.)
Old 10-30-04, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by tasha99
I can understand a neighbor not calling. It's not a crime to play with knives, and hindsight is 20/20.
You're right, it's not a crime. But at a minimum I'm not going to let my kid go over to the drunk, pacing, knife-playing neighbors house.
Old 10-30-04, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by Roto
I meant fries. And not the McDonald kind.
Old 10-30-04, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

What a horrific story. What a brave and old child. I'm glad he is okay.
Old 10-30-04, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

One of my neighbors was brutally killed with a knife in a murder suicide by her estranged husband. It happened about an hour before school let out, and the couples two kids (7 and 11) came home and found the bodies. I talked to the detective in charge and the 11-year-old actually made the 911 call while standing in a pool of his mother’s blood. What gets me is that the father had to know his sons would be the ones to find them.
The older kid was set to graduate from 6th grade the next day. About two dozen cops attended the graduation ceremony.
Old 10-31-04, 01:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

No one was as sick as I was and laugh at my tasteless joke. This forum is slipping.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.