Reload this Page >

Ok, now I've seen everything....

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 10-22-04, 03:22 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

So, I'm playing a $6.50 sit 'n go. So, I end up making it into the final 3 short stacked. As an aside, that seems to be the running theme for me, but I digress.

Anyway, so it's down to three of us. Well, the chip leader takes out the 2nd guy. So it's me w/ about $1500 in chips vs. about $12,000 in chips.

Ok, so we go heads up. He folds every hand pre-flop. I mean everything. The only one he played was a QQ. When I finally got to even, he starts playing again.

I continue going all in w/ hands of strength (high pocket pairs, and aces w/ high kickers). He ends up calling two of those and I knock him out.

It was the most bizarre thing I've ever seen. He had to be drunk. He folded at least 15 hands in a row, so I was able to get back in the game.

I won $27 so I won't complain.
Old 10-22-04, 06:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I stopped reading after about the 5th "So..."

So, how did the game turn out?

Seriously, I can't find anything in your story that makes me believe the dude was drunk. It seems clear from your account that he just wasn't getting cards.
Old 10-22-04, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk God

So, um, so, I think, um so.

I placed 1st. I think I remember him saying he was drinking.

There's no way that he didn't get cards. I was tired last night, and just remember that he was folding as the BB when I was just calling as the small blind. He wasn't even looking at free flops. He was either: lettting me catch up for a more even heads up, or was drunk and totally not aware of how horrible he was playing.
Old 10-22-04, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well, hell, that doesn’t make any sense. (I’m talking about his ability to hold his liquor, not your skill at poker )

I can’t think of a reason for not seeing a free flop.

EXCEPT on UB, if a player is disconnected, they will not play their BB.
Old 10-22-04, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk God

But he was folding. He was certainly playing. And he didn't do it every time. He only folded the BB about half the time. It was bizarre to say the least.
Old 10-22-04, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

To say the least.

Well, I’m not above playing just as fast as I can and grabbing blinds. Especially if the guy’s a dick or gets lucky with crap hands.

Once, with three of us left, a player “went dark” and I suggested we slow down and let him reconnect cause he was a friendly chap. The other player asked if we were stealing blinds, and that was right when Mr. Dark Seat reconnected. He went ballistic and accused us of collusion. That was the first and last time I was Mr. nice Guy.
Old 10-23-04, 01:22 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

i can't figure out what happened, did he fold 15 in a row, which would mean he was disconnected, or was it half the time? Either way, congrats on your $27 victory.
Old 10-23-04, 01:25 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by J-Dubya
i can't figure out what happened, did he fold 15 in a row, which would mean he was disconnected, or was it half the time? Either way, congrats on your $27 victory.
No. Because when you get disconnected at PokerStars, it tells you that on the screen, and everyone else could see. He was folding these hands.
Old 10-23-04, 01:29 AM
Mod Emeritus

I played a 2 table SNG tonight. Got to the top 3, one guy had about 12K chips, me and this other guy had 2K. I'm playing aggressively to win because I'm happy with 3rd. So I'm forcing them to lay down blinds etc with going all in. Stealing pots here and there. I finally get a good hand QJ. I go all in, they both call and I get something like trip jack to triple up. I have 6K the big stack now has like 10K. He plays a lot of stuff, trying to do the pot bully thing. I grab a big chunk of his stack after a good hand. I end up winning with going all in on pocket 2s.
Old 10-23-04, 01:34 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by Gallant Pig
I played a 2 table SNG tonight. Got to the top 3, one guy had about 12K chips, me and this other guy had 2K. I'm playing aggressively to win because I'm happy with 3rd. So I'm forcing them to lay down blinds etc with going all in. Stealing pots here and there. I finally get a good hand QJ. I go all in, they both call and I get something like trip jack to triple up. I have 6K the big stack now has like 10K. He plays a lot of stuff, trying to do the pot bully thing. I grab a big chunk of his stack after a good hand. I end up winning with going all in on pocket 2s.
I just lost against that about 5 minutes ago. I had Q4 d, short stack by 6:1 margin, so I move all in. He calls. I hit the 4 on the flop, but he hits his 2.
Old 10-24-04, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just had an interesting SNG on PS.

We get down to four players in about 25 minutes. For the next hour, there is very little chip movement. We all basically stay around 3000-3500, with the occasional dip followed by surge to get back up to that level.

Finally one person goes out (on an ace-high bluff after I had raised preflop; I had pocket 10s. He was trying to bluff with minimum bets heh). Next hand, the third place person goes out. Next hand, the second place person goes out to end it. We have practically no movement for an hour and then three hands in a row, someone goes out.

Another odd note... until those last three showdowns, I only had two hands the entire tourney where I had a showdown, and both of those were checked to the river. Every single other pot I had won had been where I got everyone to fold.