Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Starcrawler

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-21, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,014 Likes on 768 Posts
Starcrawler

What does everyone here think of this band? Ever seen them live?

They're coming to town next week and I'm on the fence about going. The music isn't quite what I'm into, it's a bit more hard rock than the punk or power pop I usually go for. But I'm told they put on a hell of a show. The singer, who looks like she doesn't trip the third digit on the scale despite being close to 6 feet tall, is known for both being disgusting (snot rockets on the audience) as well as putting so much energy into a show she passes out and needs medical attention. I gotta respect that kind of effort.

Old 10-13-21, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 61 Likes on 40 Posts
Re: Starcrawler

I love them and wish they would come through here. The lead singer, Arrow, is the daughter of the drummer for Father John Misty and photographer/director Autumn de WIlde.
Old 10-13-21, 02:02 PM
Premium Member

Received 759 Likes on 501 Posts

I first heard about them from the Dave Grohl documentary "What Drives Us" (good flick).

I would see them if they come around here.
Old 10-13-21, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,014 Likes on 768 Posts

Yeah, I'm about 70/30 on going at this point. This band could be one of those Next Big Things, and this might be my last chance to see them in a dive bar.