Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Juice Wrld dead at 21.

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Juice Wrld dead at 21.

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-19, 11:07 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 904 Likes on 765 Posts
Juice Wrld dead at 21.

Just saw a CNN news alert. I just got into him after discovering Post Malone. Lucid Dreams is such a great song and his contributions on Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse soundtrack. Really sad.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/chicago...irport-seizure
Old 12-08-19, 04:41 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts
Re: Juice Wrld dead at 21.

Uh, sory I gues. Had to lok up who ths was
Old 12-08-19, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by E Unit
Uh, sory I gues. Had to lok up who ths was
are you high?
Old 12-08-19, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by OldBoy
Just saw a CNN news alert. I just got into him after discovering Post Malone. Lucid Dreams is such a great song and his contributions on Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse soundtrack. Really sad.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/chicago...irport-seizure
loved lucid dreams and some of his other stuff. Too soon.
Old 12-08-19, 05:28 PM

They say some kind of seizure at Chicago airport, but what caused still unknown. I still think he sounds exactly like Post Malone and have a folder in my iTunes of just them and can’t tell difference, but still was very good. Hate when these good artists die, especially so freaking young...
Old 12-08-19, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 347 Likes on 247 Posts

My jaw dropped when I read the news today. Couldn't believe it. I heard some of his songs and he was a very talented lyricist. It's a shame he died so young. Too young to die.

RIP
Old 12-08-19, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 718 Likes on 587 Posts

RIP though he sounds nothing like Post Malone

Listening to this song will never be the same

Old 12-08-19, 07:24 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Originally Posted by covenant
are you high?
At least I can spell my name right - mostly.
Old 12-08-19, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca
RIP though he sounds nothing like Post Malone

Listening to this song will never be the same

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZwi9SHgzGY
nothing like? Come on. Listen to their songs. That Goulding song is great as well. Just heard the other day...
Old 12-09-19, 04:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 718 Likes on 587 Posts

Post has a deeper voice
Old 12-09-19, 10:30 AM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts

The private jet Juice WRLD flew on to Chicago was loaded down with 70 pounds of marijuana ... and cops say people on the plane told them the rapper had popped several pills prior to suffering seizures.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... the FBI confiscated the huge stash of weed from several suitcases that were on board the flight. We obtained this photo of the marijuana and luggage in the private jet terminal at Midway.

According to law enforcement, several members of Juice's team aboard the flight -- which landed around 1 AM Sunday -- told them Juice had taken "several unknown pills" prior to the seizures which led to him getting rushed to a hospital.

Further, we're told one of Juice's associates told authorities the 21-year-old rapper has a Percocet problem. Our law enforcement sources also say a bottle of codeine cough syrup was found on the plane.

Juice's cause of death hasn't been determined ... the Cook County Medical Examiner will conduct an autopsy on Monday.

Two men -- Chris Long and Henry Dean -- were arrested for possession of handguns. We're told cops recovered 3 guns in total. Dean was released without bail, and Long is out after posting a $1,500 bond.
Old 12-09-19, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,021 Likes on 812 Posts

Welp there you go. Sounds like he was a ticking time bomb.
Old 12-09-19, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 154 Likes on 124 Posts

He said “I won’t let you forget me.”

Thanks?
Old 12-09-19, 11:28 AM
Political Exile

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts

Federal agents and Chicago police were confiscating drugs and guns from luggage when rapper Juice Wrld suffered seizure

Chicago rapper Juice Wrld suffered convulsions and went into cardiac arrest as police and federal agents were searching his and his entourage’s luggage for guns and drugs at a private hangar at Midway Airport over the weekend, according to police.

The officers and agents had been waiting at the Atlantic Aviation hangar at Midway early Sunday because they suspected the private plane from Los Angeles carrying the 21-year-old musician was carrying contraband, police said.

As they were going through two carts of luggage, the rapper — whose real name is Jarad Higgins — “began convulsing (and) going into a seizure,” police sources said. An agent administered two doses of Narcan, an emergency treatment when opioid overdose is suspected.

Higgins woke up but was incoherent, police said. Paramedics took him to Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn, where he was pronounced dead at 3:14 a.m., about an hour after he landed in Chicago. An autopsy is scheduled for Monday.

The search turned up 41 “vacuum-sealed” bags of marijuana, six bottles of prescription codeine cough syrup, two 9 mm pistols, a .40-caliber pistol, a high-capacity ammunition magazine and metal-piercing bullets, according to police. The two guards with Higgins were charged with illegally possessing the guns and ammunition.
Old 12-09-19, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by RichC2
Welp there you go. Sounds like he was a ticking time bomb.
His anxiety was. It controlled his life. It's the reason why he turned to drugs.
Old 12-09-19, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

A 21 year old should not have that much anxiety to pop pills and traffic 40 bags of sealed pot.
Old 12-09-19, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
A 21 year old should not have that much anxiety to pop pills and traffic 40 bags of sealed pot.
How many celebrities do you think have more than 40 bags of sealed pot? Let's start with Miley Cyrus.
Old 12-09-19, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Not my problem. Just because you are a 21 year old celebrity doesn't mean you have to pop pills and traffic drugs. Sorry he died but it could have been avoided.
Old 12-10-19, 04:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 218 Likes on 165 Posts

It's a sad way to go. I read he was taking more pills when he heard the police was in the airport wanting for his plane to land. People on the plane with him said he thought the police might go lighter on him if he was sick. Boy, he was wrong. So many young rappers are dying of overdoses. Mac Miller and Li Peep also come to mind.
Old 12-10-19, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Not my problem. Just because you are a 21 year old celebrity doesn't mean you have to pop pills and traffic drugs. Sorry he died but it could have been avoided.
How many celebrities do drugs? How many were involved in sex scandals? Sex trafficking. How about that fiasco with college fraud? I don't know what type of world you think you live in but almost every celebrity including the average joe do way worse than popping some pills and carrying around bags of weed.

Old 12-10-19, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The problem is that we are asking people to feel sorry for him dying innocently because of a seizure when he chose to try to conceal evidence by swallowing it. Am I sad he died? Sure. Any loss of human life is tragic. However, don't act like some on here wouldn't respond with he deserved it if one of my favorite rappers that you guys never heard of that died from drugs. One of my favorite rappers has been battling with a heroin addiction that he hopefully has beat. This guy tragically made a bad choice and it cost him his life. He didn't die innocently like Xxxtentacion did when he was murdered in a robbery.
Old 12-10-19, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 142 Likes on 91 Posts

He didn't die innocently like Xxxtentacion did when he was murdered in a robbery.
Yeah, it’s a damn shame he isn’t still with us, beating other girlfriends and stabbing other managers.
Old 12-10-19, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I never said that he was an innocent person. I did say he died innocently at the hands of others in the commission of a crime. Now this thread can spiral downward from not only the circumstances under which each of these guys lost their lives, but also a microscopic examination and critique of everything they did before it.
Old 12-11-19, 12:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 78 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Sonic
How many celebrities do drugs? How many were involved in sex scandals? Sex trafficking. How about that fiasco with college fraud? I don't know what type of world you think you live in but almost every celebrity including the average joe do way worse than popping some pills and carrying around bags of weed.
Yeah, he was just popping some pills and carrying around some bags of weed.

The search turned up 41 “vacuum-sealed” bags of marijuana, six bottles of prescription codeine cough syrup, two 9 mm pistols, a .40-caliber pistol, a high-capacity ammunition magazine and metal-piercing bullets, according to the sources. Two men identified by police as working security for Higgins were charged with misdemeanor offenses for illegally possessing the guns and ammunition.
Chicago Tribune link

If he tried to conceal evidence by swallowing it, in conjunction with possibly trafficking drugs and illegal possession and transporting of guns at at a time when mass shootings are an everyday occurrence, yeah, I don't feel too much sympathy for him either. And it's funny you bring up the college fraud stuff, because people were minimizing what Lori Loughlin did in the same manner you're doing now. "She wasn't trafficking drugs, or putting children in cages. She just did what she kid to get her kids into college. Any of us would do the same!"
Old 12-11-19, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by brayzie
Yeah, he was just popping some pills and carrying around some bags of weed.
The behavior is not acceptable. But what about them music group bands that do drugs and fuck underage girls? Like David Bowie? These celebrities when they are rich can pretty much get away with everything. Drugs, guns and pedophilia.

Originally Posted by brayzie

Chicago Tribune link

If he tried to conceal evidence by swallowing it, in conjunction with possibly trafficking drugs and illegal possession and transporting of guns at at a time when mass shootings are an everyday occurrence, yeah, I don't feel too much sympathy for him either. And it's funny you bring up the college fraud stuff, because people were minimizing what Lori Loughlin did in the same manner you're doing now. "She wasn't trafficking drugs, or putting children in cages. She just did what she kid to get her kids into college. Any of us would do the same!"
You are wrong here it's not the same thing. Two different types and levels of crime. But it seems it's more acceptable for celebrities to get away with excessive drugs. The college thing is not something that is typical crime behavior.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.