Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 11-30-18, 10:46 PM   #26
DVD Talk Hero

Re: Record Store Day Black Friday

Quote:
Originally Posted by flansered View Post
That release comes with an 8 page booklet and an art print? Seems like a better deal than the RSD release, which was just green vinyl.
And if you're interested in all that multi-colored vinyl bullshit that UK set comes in grey color vinyl.
Old 12-05-18, 11:57 AM   #27

If I had known about the UK release I would of ordered that instead of getting the RSD release. I just wanted some Type O Negative on vinyl. But really vinyl color doesn't matter to me, I just don't want picture discs.
Old 12-06-18, 01:18 AM   #28
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenous View Post
Were you able to grab it?

I snagged GnR 7", Type O 7" annnddddd

BLOODY KISSES!!! So damn happy, apparently this release is already fetching $100+ on ebay
Yeah, I did actually.

I was in a little hole-in-the-wall record store Sunday and they still had quite a few RSD releases. Picked the GnR 7” and the Judas Priest “Rocka Rolla” LP on transparent green vinyl. Those were the two I wanted most.

I was really shocked that they still had RSD stuff ten days later. On RSD the stores have people lined up down the block waiting to get in, and folks I know on FB complain about not being able to find the stuff they want.

-- Lucius Annaeus Seneca
Old 12-06-18, 11:33 AM   #29
DVD Talk Limited Edition

There was only one must-have for me on this RSD, and it was the Violent Femmes release, which I was able to pick up at my local shop.
Old 12-06-18, 12:18 PM   #30
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-da-man View Post
I was really shocked that they still had RSD stuff ten days later. On RSD the stores have people lined up down the block waiting to get in, and folks I know on FB complain about not being able to find the stuff they want.
Some of the stores I go to have an RSD section devoted to past years' RSD releases. For every David-Bowie-recorded-this-2-minutes-before-he-died rarity they have on RSD, there's 10 "Yodelin' Andy Yodels the Hits" RSD-exclusives that nobody wants.
Old 12-11-18, 08:40 PM   #31
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I was actually camping so couldn't hit up any stores.
But I get home, and my Daughter has this bad boy for me!