Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

METALLICA: "HARDWIRED…TO SELF-DESTRUCT" 2CD/3CD Deluxe 11/18/16

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

METALLICA: "HARDWIRED…TO SELF-DESTRUCT" 2CD/3CD Deluxe 11/18/16

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-17, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 186 Posts
Re: METALLICA: "HARDWIRED…TO SELF-DESTRUCT" 2CD/3CD Deluxe 11/18/16

2nd show back from break

OCT 24 2017
LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM
THE O2 ARENA

SETLIST

HARDWIRED
ATLAS, RISE!
SEEK AND DESTROY
LEPER MESSIAH
FADE TO BLACK
NOW THAT WE'RE DEAD
CONFUSION
FOR WHOM THE BELL TOLLS
HALO ON FIRE
LAST CARESS
CREEPING DEATH
MOTH INTO FLAME
SAD BUT TRUE
ONE
MASTER OF PUPPETS

ENCORE

SPIT OUT THE BONE Live Debut
NOTHING ELSE MATTERS
ENTER SANDMAN
Old 10-26-17, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

<iframe width="880" height="495" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JXTzr358o_0" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 10-27-17, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 221 Likes on 177 Posts

Cool for London, people have been waiting a while to hear that one live.
Old 10-30-17, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Covering Oasis' "Don't Look Back In Anger" in Manchester ....

<iframe width="880" height="495" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rK_SmG-x3N8" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 11-15-17, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xnbKwROnfuI" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 02-26-18, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

NORTH AMERICA, ROUND TWO!

<iframe width="780" height="438" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nUaITFyAOHs" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

We dropped a few hints this past weekend and now we're here to make it official... the WorldWired tour returns to North America this Fall! Following last summer's sold-out 25-date stadium run, this year we're bringing the in-the-round production currently being seen in European arenas to the U.S. and Canada kicking off on September 2, 2018, in Madison, WI. Along the way we'll be visiting 34 cities we did not go to last year, including a few we haven't been to in decades, including Grand Forks, ND (nearly 30 years), Sioux Falls, SD, El Paso, TX, Birmingham, AL (nearly 26 years) and State College, PA (20 years). About time, wouldn't you say?!

The Fall/Winter tour will mark a few firsts for us as each show will get rolling with the Light It Up pre-show party hosted by our very good friend Jim Breuer. Jim, along with a DJ to get the night rocking with some great tunes, hits the stage before us with comedy, fan interaction, giveaways and much more. And if you love to travel and one show just isn't enough, then perhaps the Wherever I May Roam Black Ticket is for you! For the first time in 'Tallica history, you may purchase one ticket that will allow you floor access to any Metallica show on the 2018/2019 North American tour. Feel like trucking to Tulsa? Booking to Boise? Motoring to Minneapolis? No problem... you pick the shows, call us no less than 48 hours before the gig and you're in! A limited number of 250 of these Black Tickets* will be available for $598 (yes… we are celebrating the re-issue of the Garage Days Re-Revisited EP!). All sale dates and times below.

Of course, some things don't change! As we have been doing for most of the WorldWired shows, every ticket purchased includes your choice of a standard physical or standard digital copy of Hardwired…To Self-Destruct. Keep it for yourself or gift it to a friend or family member... you'll receive info via e-mail after your ticket purchase on how to obtain your copy.** The enhanced experience options designed to take your Metalli-night to the next level are also returning as we continue to partner with the team that makes it all happen at CID Entertainment. You'll have three options of special enhanced experiences, including premium tickets and amenities ranging from early access to the venue and the "Memory Remains" exhibit of memorabilia to meeting some of us(!). Visit CID Entertainment for full package details.

Finally, we'll continue to raise funds for our All Within My Hands foundation, which supports a cross-section of national, local and Bay Area charities, music education programs and local food banks. Continuing our collaboration with Crowdrise, we encourage you to make a donation when purchasing tickets to the upcoming shows and each time you donate, you'll be entered to win tickets, pre-show party passes, meet and greet passes, and one lucky winner will be flown to the last show on the tour. For more information, visit crowdrise.com/Metallica2018.

"Enough!" you say. "How do I get tickets?" Presales for Fan Club members begin tomorrow, February 27th. Click here for all the details. Citi cardmembers may purchase tickets beginning at 11:00 AM local time tomorrow, February 27th and for a complete list of other presales, click here. Tickets go on sale to the general public on Friday, March 2nd at 10:00 AM local time.

We're having an absolute blast indoors in Europe, so why not extend the fun?!? We'll see you back in North America this Fall!

*Wherever I May Roam Black Tickets are non-transferable and if re-sold will be revoked. Each ticket is good for entry to Metallica specific shows and may not be used for festivals, promotional shows, benefit concerts or any other dates not included in the 34 city North American tour announced on February 26, 2018. Use of a Black Ticket will require a reservation for each show you plan to attend no less than 48 hours in advance. More details about how to use your Black Ticket will be sent to purchasers via e-mail.

**Every ticket purchased through official outlets includes your choice of a standard physical or standard digital copy of Hardwired…To Self-Destruct. Fans should expect to receive information from Warner Music Artist Services on how to redeem their albums WITHIN 21 business days after their purchase. Full details of how you can gift the album, should you have already purchased, will be given on the redemption page.
Old 02-28-18, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 221 Likes on 177 Posts

I was hoping to see them again, but I'm glad some smaller and more out-of-the-way areas are having them come through. I guess if they do a third leg, I'll hold out hope again.

Looks like their album will jump up the charts again.
Old 05-03-19, 01:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Tour resumed, nice additions/changes in set-list

MAY 1 2019
at Estadio do Restelo, Lisbon, Portuga

Hardwired
Disposable Heroes (tour debut)
Ride the Lightning
The God that Failed (tour debut; first performance since June 24, 2012)
The Unforgiven
Here Comes Revenge
Moth Into Flame
Sad but True
Welcome Home (Sanitarium) (followed by Kirk & Rob's solos incl. Censurados, Xutos & Pontapés, ManUNkind & Orion)
Frantic (tour debut; first performance since December 10, 2011)
One
Master of Puppets
For Whom the Bell Tolls
Creeping Death
Seek & Destroy

Encore:
Lords of Summer (tour debut; live debut of the final studio version)
Nothing Else Matters
Enter Sandman (with 'The Frayed Ends of Sanity' outro)

Note: "Fade to Black" was on the setlist, but was replaced with "Welcome Home (Sanitarium)"
Old 05-04-19, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/t9FLNvJf7VA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 05-08-19, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts

James face looking weird. Like he's worn out or something. It looks swollen and his head is getting more round.

This morning on XM I heard Exodus - "Bonded by Blood". It's like a companion piece to "Fight Fire with Fire"
Old 05-10-19, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,211 Likes on 1,510 Posts

Man, Bonded by Blood is a killer album. Unfortunately, I haven't been much of a fan of anything Exodus has done since then.
Old 05-10-19, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts

Originally Posted by VHS?
James face looking weird. Like he's worn out or something. It looks swollen and his head is getting more round.

This morning on XM I heard Exodus - "Bonded by Blood". It's like a companion piece to "Fight Fire with Fire"
I think James gained a lot of weight and stop dying his hair. Even his facial hair is all white now. I also noticed in some more recent pics that Robert also had a bigger belly and he used to be the fittest of all. Everyone is in their mid-50's now, too. Getting old and being road weary is taking its toll.
Old 05-12-19, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,889 Posts

Yeah, they’re looking like four dads who started a mid-life crisis band.

I miss these guys, though.

Jaymz always been an ugly motherfucker. He’s like the Don Mossi of metal.
Old 07-22-19, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 552 Likes on 344 Posts

https://www.billboard.com/articles/b...oncert-tickets

Send me money, send me green
Metallica you will see
Make a contribution
And you'll get the better seat