Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

New Noel Gallagher interview

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-15, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Yeah I know he's old news and all but he still gives the best interviews in rock. This one may be his best ever. So many great quotes.

http://www.esquire.co.uk/culture/mus...er-cover-star/

Does anybody give a fuck about what any of these current pop stars are up to? Who gives a shit what fucking One Direction do? Cocksuckers, all of them in rehab by the time they’re 30. Who gives a shit what Ellie Goulding is up to? Really? Adele, what? Blows my fucking mind. It blows my fucking mind. Nobody cares! Fame’s wasted on them, with their fucking in-ear monitors and their electronic cigarettes. And their fragrances that they’re bringing out for Christmas. You fucking dicks.

I fucking hate whingeing rock stars. And I hate pop stars who are just… neh. Just nothing, you know? “Oh, yeah, my last selfie got 47-thousand-million likes on Instagram.” Yeah, why don’t you go fuck off and get a drug habit, you penis?

The chorus. Never mind the fucking words. Start with the chorus. Work backwards from that. Awopbopaloobopawopbamboom. What the does that mean? Nothing. Exactly.

I laugh when I hear people moaning about their childhoods. It’s usually middle-class people. I think, “mine was worse.” Mine was wrapped up in violence and drunkenness and there was no money. And still we didn’t go around fucking robbing people. We stole things, we didn’t rob people.
Old 11-06-15, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: New Noel Gallagher interview

I always enjoy his thoughts on Radiohead

"Am I aware of a hierarchy? I’m aware that Radiohead have never had a fucking bad review. I reckon if Thom Yorke fucking shit into a light bulb and started blowing it like an empty beer bottle it’d probably get 9 out of 10 in fucking Mojo. I’m aware of that."
Old 11-06-15, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts

Always good stuff.
Old 11-06-15, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Same old shit. Just reunite Oasis.