Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

MEGADETH: "album 15th"

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

MEGADETH: "album 15th"

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-16, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Re: MEGADETH: "album 15th"

LOL. Looks like Dave's well and truly fallen off the wagon again. I'd heard a few stories, but the Puerto Rico gig was a mess ...

Old 07-14-16, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 186 Posts

Chris

DIRK VERBEUREN NAMED AS FULL TIME DRUMMER FOR MEGADETH

MEGADETH are happy to announce the addition of Dirk Verbeuren as the band's new drummer. Verbeuren, formerly of Swedish metal band Soilwork, has been performing with the band for months, his first show was Rock on the Range festival in May, to a crowd of 40,000 concertgoers.

Most recently, Lamb Of God drummer Chris Adler had performed all the drums on the band's latest album, Dystopia, and had toured with MEGADETH when not otherwise busy with his band.

Said bandleader Dave Mustaine: "Chris Adler's contributions are sure to be felt for years to come. Megadeth has been revitalized by Chris' playing, as well as his excellent suggestion of Dirk Verbeuren to drum with us. Tremendous thanks to Chris, and a big welcome to Dirk."

New drummer Verbeuren had this to say: "Dave, David and Kiko, I'm thankful for your warm welcome and thrilled at the opportunity to perform and create badass music with you guys. Chris Adler, thank you for introducing me to Megadeth - and for your encouragement and support."

Said Adler: "It has been an honor and a pleasure to join my favorite band of all time, and to be a part of their return to the top. I had an amazing time with everyone involved, from the writing, arranging and recording, to the touring and friendships built along the way. There was no argument or drama, no hidden story. Megadeth needs and deserves a full time drummer, and as much as I'd like to be, I can't be in two places at once. For my part, I am very lucky to be a part of Lamb of God, and to also have gotten a chance to dance with my heroes at the ball. I still can't believe it sometimes when I think of myself as a kid, opening up my Megadeth albums...and now I'm an alumni! I'm very proud of that - and I will continue to be their biggest fan."
Old 07-15-16, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts

That fucking sucks if Verbeuren left Soilwork for Dave's bullshit. Yeah I can't blame Dirk for going for the money but he is so overqualified for Megadeth it's not even funny.
Old 07-16-16, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Phodg
LOL. Looks like Dave's well and truly fallen off the wagon again. I'd heard a few stories, but the Puerto Rico gig was a mess ...

Jesus, that was painful to watch.

One of my buddies shot a pilot for Dave's proposed reality show last year and said the guy was super nice but also totally tanked the entire time. He's been off that wagon for a long time.
Old 07-19-16, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 186 Posts

POST AMERICAN WORLD video

http://news.usa-tomorrow.us/megadeth/p/1
Old 07-19-16, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrythedon
Favourite song from the album