Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Muse - 'Drones' (June 9)

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Muse - 'Drones' (June 9)

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-15, 10:16 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Muse - 'Drones' (June 9)

well there hasn't been much news about tracklisting and such but there's a new 2015 album

from MusicFeed:

Muse - 'Drones'

Muse have been teasing their seventh album for almost a year now. Before their first Coachella headline set last year they told American radio station KROQ, “We’re going to go back in May and start working on some new stuff.” Since then we’ve been drip-fed information through Twitter Q&A’s, Instagram posts and one-off interviews.

There’s a lot of small pieces which will eventually make up the greater puzzle of the next Muse album. We’ve collected what we have so far to try and make sense of what Muse are concocting.

On Twitter in July of last year Matt Bellamy responded to a fan who asked, “So, are you sticking to your ‘going back to guitar/drums/bass‘ or was that just Matt being a tease?” with “Yes, it’s gonna get heavy.”

In September in a Twitter Q&A, Bellamy added that the album will deal with themes of “deep ecology, the empathy gap and World War 3″. He also suggested that a sequel to Citizen Erased from their 2001 debut Origin Of Symmetry could appear on the new album.

Muse are shaping up to be one of the biggest festival headliners of the year with the band announced to play Denmark’s Roskilde, Britain’s Download Festival, Portugal’s NOS Alive and Japan’s Fuji Rock Festival. They’re also the top pick to headline this year’s Glastonbury.

With the new album confirmed to be on the way it’s unlikely the band wouldn’t use the opportunity to road test some of the new material. Their last festival headline gig was at Coachella in 2014 before they began recording the new album.

While Fuji Rock Festival traditionally gives clues as to who will play Splendour In The Grass, it’s unlikely that Muse will headline the Aussie festival — they’re simply too big. They haven’t played a festival here since headlining Big Day Out in 2010, touring with their own headline tours since. We can dream, though.

from gigwise:

MUSE SHARE ANOTHER GUITAR RIFF TASTER FROM NEW ALBUM, DRONES
Get another taster for album No.7

Muse have shared yet another taster of what to expect from their upcoming new album, Drones - in the form of another hard rock riff. Check it out below.

The band, who launched their Instagram page just last year, have been using the social media site to share images and footage of progress on their seventh album while hard at work in the studio in Canada and Italy.

After weeks of teaser images of parts being recorded and confirming that the LP will be titled Drones, the band have now uploaded a short clip of frontman Matt Bellamy laying down a guitar riff. In keeping with their promise that the album will be 'heavier' and more rock-based than their past couple of records, the riff appears to be in the more metallic keeping of tracks like 'Assassin', and slightly resembles the guitar part of 'Butterflies and Hurricanes'.
Old 02-09-15, 07:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
Re: Muse - 'Drones' (release date TBA)

I really hope that it is a return to form.
Old 02-10-15, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, ive heard that this will be a return to full rock music, little to no electronics and or a symphony
Old 02-11-15, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts

I really got into this band after The Resistance but have had their stuff since Absolution came out. For me anything they do is fine - I'm just excited to get more music from them.
Old 02-12-15, 05:50 AM
JAA
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bunkaroo
I really got into this band after The Resistance but have had their stuff since Absolution came out. For me anything they do is fine - I'm just excited to get more music from them.
I tend to agree with you. Absolution remains my overall favorite, but I've enjoyed everything they've done.
Old 02-14-15, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Will the album come with an apology for The 2nd Law?

Origin of Symmetry and Absolution still remain their two best albums and are amazing rock albums on their own. Black Holes and Revelations hasn't aged well and The Resistance still remains very hit and miss. If this is more like Origin and Absolution, fantastic. If its more like their later stuff, no thanks.
Old 02-14-15, 08:32 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
Will the album come with an apology for The 2nd Law?

Origin of Symmetry and Absolution still remain their two best albums and are amazing rock albums on their own. Black Holes and Revelations hasn't aged well and The Resistance still remains very hit and miss. If this is more like Origin and Absolution, fantastic. If its more like their later stuff, no thanks.
pretty unmemorable album IMO.
Old 02-14-15, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm always hopeful these guys have a return to form.
Old 02-14-15, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts

To date, "Absolution" is their best album (IMO). And dare I say, their masterpiece. Every track on it just works brilliantly. A close second is "Origin of Symmetry". "Black Holes and Revelations" is a really good album. And I disagree that it hasn't held up. "The Resistance" is good effort, not great. "The 2nd Law" is their worst album. Also IMO. I actually really hate the album. "Showbiz" (their first) is just o.k. Who knew they would go from that to the greatness that is "Symmetry" and "Absolution". So, I'm hopeful that these guys still have the creative mojo to continue to do great thing. They are still the best live band these past many years. Regardless of their new music.
Old 03-12-15, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

New song. kinda sounds like Uprising but a little more raw. (lyrics are nsfw)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UqLRqzTp6Rk?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

album comes out June 9
Old 03-13-15, 11:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Muse - 'Drones' (June 9)

Heard the song this morning on the radio and it sounds like a return to form. Makes me more excited for the album. I didn't hate the previous two albums, but I thought they were going off on the wrong tangent.
Old 03-23-15, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts

I do not like this one:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/aTcJWhmdzpg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 03-23-15, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Rypro 525
New song. kinda sounds like Uprising but a little more raw. (lyrics are nsfw)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UqLRqzTp6Rk?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

album comes out June 9
Meh. Still sounds like the last train wreck of an album.

I actually like Dead Inside better. But then again ILMFDM.
Old 03-23-15, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Might want to NSFW that video.