Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

The Trews

Old 08-01-14, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 798 Likes on 566 Posts
The Trews

I just discovered this Canadian band. I have listened to all five of their albums and dig some of the songs. Some of their stuff is a mite hard and loud for my liking, but most of it is just plain good rock 'n' roll. My two favourite tracks of theirs are "Hope and Ruin" and "Ishmael and Maggie", both of which have a kind of primal, compulsive power. Anyone else like these guys?

Hope and Ruin:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/cwcac7sqOnQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ishmael and Maggie:
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/yyO_UorS97A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I Can't Stop Laughing:
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/O6m17mG5jk4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'll Find Someone Who Will:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/mkLPmnyJPy8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 08-01-14, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 132 Likes on 87 Posts
Re: The Trews

I've been a casual fan for over a decade, starting with "Not Ready To Go" (which got almost no airplay in the States). I wasn't crazy about them crowdfunding their latest album, but it sounds like that was the only way it was going to get made. I just noticed that they'll be here a week from Thursday, so I just might have to check them out live.