Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

John Newman

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-14, 05:56 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
John Newman

I get to see him on Thursday night in a pretty small venue. 400 people I think. Ticket cost $15 - now they are $60 on Stubhub.

He has a some very catchy songs on his debut album. Reminds me of Amy Winehouse somewhat - I do think there's some high production work on the album, as he didn't sound amazing on The Jimmy Fallon last week.

I didn't realise until later, but I had first heard him on this Rudimental track..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oABEGc8Dus0

Love me Again I think was the song that made him take off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfihYWRWRTQ
Old 01-13-14, 06:07 PM
Premium Member

Received 695 Likes on 465 Posts
Re: John Newman

Never heard of him, but that last video reminds me of Rick Astley.
Old 12-20-17, 10:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: John Newman

I saw a concert of John Newman in Albania.It was organized by the Municipality.John Newman came there for the first time bro.It was in May 2016 in Scanderberg's Square in Tirana and I was there with my family.I was very dazzled☺to see him and we sang along "Can you love me again". I loved this concert and it was without tickets but the problem was that it had many Albanians who spoke and sometimes I couldn't see anything!!!.In the concert and after I met many Albanian fans and we discused about John Newman and we sang along" Can you love me again".It was the only concert of John Newman that I have seen and I don't know about the others.When was his last concert?Where was it?And who went to see it???

Last edited by Fabioalb; 12-20-17 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Problems