Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Goodfellas Complete Soundtrack

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-13, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts

Okay, I am watching the movie and have looked at the "official" soundtrack and it doesn't even have a fraction of what the movie uses. If I were going to custom make a soundtrack for myself, what songs would I need? (i.e. what's a complete track listing?)
Old 08-09-13, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: Goodfellas Complete Soundtrack

I had an extra one second so I googled this for you.

From Wikipedia:

Track listing

Complete song list

Songs used in the movie in chronological order:

"Rags to Riches" by Tony Bennett - Opening credits, opening narration.
"Can't We Be Sweethearts" by The Cleftones - Young Henry is parking Cadillacs.
"Hearts of Stone" by Otis Williams and The Charms - Henry's mailman is threatened.
"Sincerely" by The Moonglows - The wiseguy get-together (cookout) at Paulie's home.
"Firenze Sogna" by Giuseppe Di Stefano - New suit; Shooting victim (Wasting aprons).
"Speedoo" by The Cadillacs - Kid Henry, the sandwich boy; Jimmy Conway is first introduced.
"Parlami d'amore Mariu" by Giuseppe Di Stefano - Young Henry gets pinched for selling cigarettes.
"Stardust" by Billy Ward and His Dominoes - Idlewild Airport 1963; First appearance of the grown-up Henry Hill; Truck hijacking.
"This World We Love In (Il Cielo In Una Stanza)" by Mina - In the Bamboo Lounge; Mobsters are introduced; Air France heist is planned.
"Playboy" by The Marvelettes - Bamboo Lounge bust-out - Henry and Tommy burn the restaurant.
"It's Not for Me to Say" by Johnny Mathis - The double date; Karen is introduced, and ignored by Henry.
"I Will Follow Him" by Betty Curtis - Karen is stood-up, and loudly confronts Henry in the street.
"Then He Kissed Me" by The Crystals - Henry and Karen enter the Copacabana from the rear.
"Look in My Eyes" by The Chantels - The Air France heist; Paulie gets his cut.
"Roses Are Red" by Bobby Vinton - Henry and Karen at the beach resort; Receiving champagne from Bobby Vinton at the Copa.
"Life Is But a Dream" by The Harptones - Henry and Karen's wedding and reception.
"Leader of the Pack" by The Shangri-Las - The hostess party.
"Toot, Toot, Tootsie Goodbye" by Al Jolson (clip from The Jazz Singer) - NYPD detectives are searching the Hills' house.
"Happy Birthday to You" - Sung by family members at Little Jimmy's birthday party during Karen's narration - Mob life montage/no outsiders.
"Ain't That a Kick in the Head?" by Dean Martin - Narration continues - Mob life montage.
"He's Sure the Boy I Love" by The Crystals - Billy Batts is introduced at the Suite Lounge; "Shinebox" insult.
"Atlantis" by Donovan - Billy Batts is beaten down and kicked by Tommy and Jimmy.
"Pretend You Don't See Her" by Jerry Vale - Friday night at the Copa with the girlfriends; Sunday dinner at Paulie's.
"Remember (Walkin' in the Sand)" by The Shangri-Las - Henry with Janice at the Suite before digging up Billy Batts's body.
"Baby I Love You" by Aretha Franklin - Janice Rossi's apartment; She shows her girlfriends around; Spider is introduced at a poker game.
"Firenze Sogna" by Giuseppe Di Stefano - (2nd time played) Another poker game; Tommy kills Spider.
"Beyond the Sea" by Bobby Darin - Prison life/dinner; Henry begins selling drugs.
"Boulevard of Broken Dreams" Performed by Tony Bennett - Dinner at Paulie's house after Henry is paroled.
"Gimme Shelter" by The Rolling Stones - Henry cutting cocaine at Sandy's place; Brings in Jimmy and Tommy at the parole office.
"Wives and Lovers" by Jack Jones - Karen shows off the new house/furniture to Belle; Morrie pitches the Lufthansa heist to Henry.
"Monkey Man" by The Rolling Stones - The babysitter, Lois Byrd (with baby) is introduced; Henry again at Sandy's place mixing the coke.
"Frosty the Snowman" by The Ronettes - Henry arrives at the Christmas party; Jimmy chews out Johnny Roastbeef for the Cadillac.
"Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)" by Darlene Love - Jimmy chews out Frankie Carbone for the mink; Morrie pesters Jimmy for his share of the Lufthansa heist.
"Bells of St. Marys" by The Drifters - Henry Hill's Christmas tree; The execution of Stacks Edwards.
"Unchained Melody" by Vito and The Salutations - In the bar, Henry is worried about Stacks; Tommy thinks he's being "made"; Morrie again pesters Jimmy.
"Danny Boy" - Morrie sings it to Henry, then to himself, as he leaves the bar after his failed attempt to talk to Jimmy.
"Sunshine of Your Love" by Cream - Jimmy contemplates killing Morrie and other members of his crew.
"Layla (Piano Exit)" by Derek and The Dominos - Dead bodies are being discovered all over town; Tommy is executed.
"Jump into the Fire" by Harry Nilsson - The beginning of the "May 11, 1980 - 6:55 AM" helicopter sequence; Delivering guns to Jimmy.
"Memo from Turner" by Mick Jagger - Henry leaves Jimmy's with the unwanted guns.
"Magic Bus" by The Who (Live at Leeds version) - Frantic, intoxicated driving; Henry almost has a car accident.
"Jump into the Fire" by Harry Nilsson - (2nd time played) Henry drives his brother home from the hospital; Starting dinner; More helicopters.
"Monkey Man" by The Rolling Stones - (2nd time played) More frantic driving; Henry and Karen hide the guns at Karen's mother's house.
"What Is Life" by George Harrison - More frantic driving; Pick up guns again; Visit to the cocaine connection; Call from Sandy; Call to Lois; Lois calls from an inside line.
"Mannish Boy" by Muddy Waters - Last time at Sandy's place, mixing the coke; Dinner at the Hill's with children, Lois, and brother Michael.
"Magic Bus" by The Who (Live at Leeds version, 2nd time played) - The drum solo of the song is played immediately before Henry is arrested in his driveway.
"My Way" by Sid Vicious - End credits.
"Layla (Piano Exit)" by Derek and The Dominos - (2nd time played) second song in the end credits.
Old 08-10-13, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 115 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by auto
"Remember (Walkin' in the Sand)" by The Shangri-Las
Strangely enough. That's the one song that I forever associate Scorsese with.
Old 08-11-13, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts

Cool find. Will take a while to compile, though I already have some tracks.
Old 08-11-13, 05:16 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wish this thread was around 1990 cause I looking for this listing back then.