Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Jay-Z - "Magna Carta Holy Grail" - July 4th

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Jay-Z - "Magna Carta Holy Grail" - July 4th

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-13, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Re: Jay-Z - "Magna Carta Holy Grail" - July 4th

It's up on Spottie.

Three songs in, this has some of the best production of Jay's albums but good lord these are some of the worst lyrics he has ever put on record.

Real sad that Jay-Z and Kanye are both singing about fame and riches but only Kanye makes it sound interesting.

Can't wait to hear a mixtape with relevant rappers over these beats.
Old 07-10-13, 02:30 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

i don't know i think jay should get a pass for weak lyrics nowadays, dude literally has nothing new to rap about except fame and his family, he's just doing it for fun now, still can drop a hot line here and there

he has given us arguably 3 classic rap albums, he probably will make another new album that we don't have to listen to but we all know we will atleast once
Old 07-10-13, 08:30 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by redrum
i don't know i think jay should get a pass for weak lyrics nowadays, dude literally has nothing new to rap about except fame and his family, he's just doing it for fun now, still can drop a hot line here and there

he has given us arguably 3 classic rap albums, he probably will make another new album that we don't have to listen to but we all know we will atleast once
Jay-Z or anyone else shouldn't get a pass for shitty music especially coming off his last album which was subpar and especially with the hype and title of this album. I'm expecting something epic or close to it with the commercials, marketing and name an album Magna Carta Holy Grail you better bring that shit and instead I got mediocrity.
Old 07-10-13, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 137 Likes on 116 Posts

Like many have said, the music and beats are very good, but the lyrics and songs overall are forgettable.

People can bitch about Yeezus not being radio friendly etc etc......but I'll still be listening to Yeezus this fall. Can't say the same for more of this Jay-Z bullshit.
Old 07-11-13, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 121 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by The Bus
It's up on Spottie.

Three songs in, this has some of the best production of Jay's albums but good lord these are some of the worst lyrics he has ever put on record.

Real sad that Jay-Z and Kanye are both singing about fame and riches but only Kanye makes it sound interesting.

Can't wait to hear a mixtape with relevant rappers over these beats.
which rappers now a days are relevant? J Cole and Kendrick are about the only 2 decent rappers out now. Drake is ok from time to time but that whole Young Money group all sound the same or there is one person writing for all of them. lol

I'm not feeling this Jay-Z album but its still better then 90% of the shit out now. So, glad we got J Cole and Kanye out last week.