Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Ellie Goulding

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-15, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 723 Likes on 590 Posts
Re: Ellie Goulding

Post photos of the show.

I ordered Delirium the deluxe edtion from Target.

She will also perform at the 2015 Victoria Secret Fashion Show.
Old 11-05-15, 05:45 PM

Received 4,581 Likes on 3,101 Posts

I don't take photos at shows.
Old 11-05-15, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca
She will also perform at the 2015 Victoria Secret Fashion Show.
Singing or modeling?
Old 11-06-15, 12:29 PM

I went to Target to get the deluxe album. For some reason Amazon did have it listed as $10. They price matched. Its at 14.99 now... but you could try and just show them the regular version. They look essentially the same.
Old 11-09-15, 08:57 AM

This is my least favorite of her 3 albums. That isn't to say it's bad... but it is definitely different. I think something that hurts it the most is the placement of songs. It doesn't flow very well. In addition, a few songs like "Around U" and "We Can't Move To This" should've just been cut or put on the bonus disc to be swapped with one of those songs. "The Greatest" and "Paradise" could've easily been put in their place. Also, "Love Me Like You Do" seems so out of place, it should've been the last song.
Old 11-10-15, 04:34 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

some of her songs are not too bad she is very cute
Old 11-11-15, 04:16 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14
So I'm going to see her next week. The show is apart of the AMEX Unstaged series. Scarlett Johansson is directing the concert. It will be stream. Should be interesting.

She announced her actual tour dates recently FYI for anyone interested.
I saw this on YouTube about the AMEX and am interested. Wonder what Scarlett can do with this. Excited about her tour. Seeing her perform at Jingle Bell and then bought pit tickets for when she comes back to LA by herself.
Old 12-28-15, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I hope she gets to do the Super Bowl halftime show in 2017.

The new album has some good songs but some clunkers in there too and not as strong as Halcyon though a couple of repeat listens it grows on you.

My 2 favorites

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dTbjcQFWAGA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mEkcnxNbTJU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 01-01-19, 02:41 PM

New album in 2019.

Ellie Goulding: 'I'm finally myself again'
Back with a bold fourth album, Ellie Goulding is set on a new sound, averting environmental catastrophe – and settling a score or two

Thanks to her stadium-husky voice, deployed on expansive pop full of unabashed emotion, Ellie Goulding has long been one of the UK’s biggest global pop stars. In 2019 she releases her fourth album which, judging by the excellent songs played to the Guardian, is sure to be another hit. But she also has a stack of ongoing extracurricular activities.

Where has your head been at since the last album?
I finished touring, moved to New York, and I was jaded, depleted of any artistic inspiration. I just started cooking, going to the dry cleaners, learning piano. New York doesn’t really have the same rock’n’roll scene it used to, and it was very lonely. I’d often book studios and there’d never be anyone else there. But it gave me a kind of freedom, because there was no one telling me to release an album. I wasn’t forcing myself to write pop songs about boys and relationships, which I used to be so obsessed with when I was younger.

And you got engaged. Did you write about that?
I have a terrible habit of analysing things to within an inch of their lives, so I didn’t want to overanalyse what I had with him – it’s something much more pure, and something I didn’t need to explain to myself in a song.

But on one new song, Love I’m Given, maybe I was reflecting on how I finally felt I’d found this person that was loving me for the right reasons. I don’t think I ever got over being thrust into the spotlight, so I put on quite a tough exterior. I never had time to myself, and any time I did was in a hotel room somewhere – I’d probably had a few drinks, knocked myself out. I don’t know how I could have possibly given a good version of myself to anyone: friends, boyfriends, family. So I’m very grateful Caspar came along, because I feel like I was able to be myself again.

What else did you write about?
Flux is about thinking about the person who you almost ended up with – I’m a sucker for what could have been. Electricity is about a friend who had been cheated on quite cruelly for a couple of years. But I can’t help writing with empathy, trying to understand why a person has behaved the way they have. Somebody tried to write a song to damage me, and it was a really horrifying thing to go through. I found it really baffling, and just sad, that something that I’d built entirely by myself, my career, was somehow at risk. It had a huge effect on me. But I still didn’t feel the need to be angry – so maybe that’s a good thing.

Are you talking about Ed Sheeran? [Don’t is widely believed to be about Goulding.]
Er … not specifically. [Sighs] There was a period where I felt someone was trying to sabotage me. So there probably are small pieces of the songs that relate to things that frustrate me, and things that are happening in the world, but I’ve always been conscious that I want to keep songwriting as an escape.
Sign up for the Sleeve Notes email: music news, bold reviews and unexpected extras
Read more

There’s a bit of a pop-rap feel to some of the new tracks – were you trying to do something new?
I think it’s important to know the way pop is changing – I would never release something completely blind, without listening to any radio or Spotify, and expect people to like it; and for it to compare with what’s out there. But I still find it thrilling when people release something that doesn’t sound like anything else – I’m always fighting to work with producers coming up with whole new soundscapes. My voice doesn’t sound like anyone’s in the world, so I’ve got that to my advantage, and I can also manipulate my voice as part of the track or make it into a sample. That’s how I stay not sounding like anything else – I have that locked, for ever.

Does pop ever feel frivolous compared with your climate change activism?
Sometimes it does. But often I really need to just write a bloody good pop song after meeting climate scientists, or going to the climate assembly in Kenya last year. Going to Greenland and seeing glaciers collapse. It’s gone beyond facts and boring data – we’re seeing it with our own eyes. The wildfires [in California] were exacerbated by climate change, the crazy storms that have been happening: it’s very obvious.

One of my motivations to have a bigger platform as a singer is so that I have more people to reach. Climate change has got to a critical point where we all need to be very active; we need to compensate for what’s going on in certain political situations. I know that “celebrities shouldn’t get involved in politics”, but it’s something we have to act on now. I can’t help but feel a bit frustrated that I’m the only one speaking out about something so important – no one else in my peer group is.

The next step is electing people who take this seriously, and to trust scientists. And having a bigger consciousness of your day-to-day actions. I don’t eat that much meat; I try to use sustainable fashion brands; we’re trying to make my tour completely plastic free, and cut down on flights, with a better eco-bus situation. I think I’m probably doing more good than bad, overall.
https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...box=1546368951
Old 01-03-19, 03:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I wished she released more singles from Delirium since that was a good album.

It has been a long time since she came out with new music though she gave us a new single in 2018.

Old 03-01-19, 05:37 AM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JcV0SvIDjAA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 03-01-19, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Cool though I like the faster up tempo songs more

She did a song with Clean Bandit too.

Last edited by JeffTheAlpaca; 03-02-19 at 07:34 PM.
Old 04-19-19, 08:19 AM

<iframe width="686" height="386" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/oXwiVsWJqRs" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 05-18-19, 04:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Nice though I like this song from the Game of Thrones soundtrack better

Old 11-15-19, 08:33 AM

Joni was one of the reasons I wanted to be a songwriter. Maybe, hopefully I'm introducing some of you to her for the first time and to be able to do that is a privilege. I feel honoured to have had the opportunity to cover this song. 'River' is available now, exclusively on Amazon Music.
<iframe id='AmazonMusicEmbedB081B1RXWJ' src='https://music.amazon.com/embed/B081B1RXWJ/?id=wxRQ6FUSvf&marketplaceId=ATVPDKIKX0DER&musicTerritory=US' width='100%' height='550px' style='border:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.12);max-width:'></iframe>

<iframe width="679" height="382" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/J_350-qZ5r4" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 11-15-19, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

She is going to perform during halftime of the Bills vs Cowboys Thanksgiving game.

https://www.ksat.com/entertainment/2...ats-to-cancel/
Old 07-19-20, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Her first new album in 5 years though so far it does not look like it will be as good as Delirium and Halycon Days

Old 07-24-22, 03:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I guess a new album is coming or this is just a single?

If there is a new record hope it is not all slow ballads and she goes back to the EDM era sound like Halycon Days and Delirium.

Old 07-24-22, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,226 Posts

Yeah that is about the most generic “dance” song I’ve heard in a while. Can’t tell if it’s bad or just not my taste, but it bored me to tears.
Old 07-25-22, 12:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Probably she is following the trends in pop music and get a rapper to come in during the middle of the song.
Old 08-06-22, 05:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Easy Lover is not bad and getting a lot of airplay and after 2 or 3 listens it hooks you though the music video is a little strange with her David Bowie look.
Old 08-07-22, 02:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca
Easy Lover is not bad and getting a lot of airplay and after 2 or 3 listens it hooks you though the music video is a little strange with her David Bowie look.
Agree. I didn't like the song the first time. But it grew on me.
The following users liked this post:
JeffTheAlpaca (08-07-22)
Old 08-07-22, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Hope the new album is like that song whenever it comes out
Old 11-21-22, 01:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The latest single.

I will have to listen to it and avoid watching the awful music video.

Old 11-28-22, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Her new album comes out on Feb 3, 2023

Back in January, Goulding opened up about her experiences with crippling anxiety over the course of 2021. “I’ve struggled daily, nightly, hourly with a kind of panic I didn’t even know existed,” she wrote.

The pop singer also spoke about the material she’d been working on throughout that difficult period: “I’ve had time to sit down with great musicians and writers and made exciting new music that I hope will give people who hear it the same euphoric escape that I experienced when writing it.”

The album will contain “stomping basslines, soaring synths and euphoric melodies”. It’ll feature contributions from the likes of Greg Kurstin, Jesse Shatkin (Charli XCX, Years & Years), Koz (Madonna, Dua Lipa) and Andrew Wells (Halsey, Yungblud).

https://www.nme.com/news/music/ellie...listen-3332404

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.