Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Tool Tour

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-12, 05:20 PM
TAC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tool Tour

Anyone been to a show on this mini tour they are doing? Any chance they played a new song from the upcoming album? What about the set list? Thanks
Old 01-26-12, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Tool Tour

Flac audio is posted on Zomb From the second Dallas show. Here is the set list.

Hooker
Jambi
Stink fist
Sober
Pushit
Schism
Intension
Forty six 2
Lateralus
Parabol / parabola
Aenema

Pics at the bottom of this thread.

http://www.fourtheye.net/forum/topic...d=1980&page=10
Old 01-26-12, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

New songs? Hahahaha... they'll never preview new songs live.

I already saw them in 2010. I'm not paying the absurd ticket prices until they have new material to tour behind.
Old 01-26-12, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 220 Likes on 176 Posts

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YM0BGXCtZwE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Until they start playing something new, and maybe redo their stage show, I'm not going to bother. It's been roughly the same thing for almost 6 years now.
Old 01-26-12, 11:55 PM

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

I went to the 1st Dallas show (the setlist above is from the first Dallas show, not the second) and was blown away. This was my 9th TOOL show since '97 and my first in about a decade. For me the concert showed the growth and maturity that TOOL has really pushed towards. Yes, we all want angsty, contorting, fully painted, bra wearing Maynard front and center...but that's gone. Instead what we have is a polished, affecting, and f'n beautiful show that is backed by the best songs I've still ever heard. As much as I loved all the past strange, frightening, and hanging contortionist 'stuff' I couldn't help but think that the band were truly happy with this final product that they have grown towards. You could see the warmth and thanks on their faces at the end of the show and I personally don't think they have ever played better (certainly not Danny who continues to push his understanding of percussion that has radically changed the way he approaches rock drumming).

Add to that the fact that 5 of the 11 songs were from my favorite record AEnima and I was completely fulfilled and moved. I mean, seriously, have you ever see a crowd so involved as when they hit those first heavy notes of Stinkfish? Is there anything as beautiful as thousands of people singing "I'm praying for rain...I'm praying for tidal waves." Chills.

Worth the money and I'm continually grateful that I get to share my Tool experiences with my father. toolshed.down.net has a great tour section with all setlists and reviews if you want more.