Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Neil Peart's new DVD available-1 month early!

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 10-09-11, 06:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Greetings!

For those of you that may have an interest:

RUSH drummer Neil Peart's new instructional DVD, "Taking Center Stage: A Lifetime Of Live Performance", will be released on October 14 via Hudson Music. A new clip from the DVD where Peart discusses the rumors of "Jacob's Ladder" being played during the "Time Machine" tour, and why he and his bandmates decided against it, can be seen below.

The product description: "Filmed in various locations over the course of a year, Neil Peart takes you on a behind-the-scenes look at RUSH's 2010-11 'Time Machine' tour. This includes rare and exclusive footage of Neil's personal pre-tour rehearsals and backstage events at a RUSH concert (including a visit to the soundcheck, and an unprecedented backstage interview as Neil warms up for the show). Neil also presents a detailed look at every single song in the tour's set list. Each song features analysis and demonstrations by Neil, which are coupled with a detailed PDF e-Book containing transcription of his parts. At the end of each song discussion, the viewer is transported onstage to a RUSH concert to see the actual live performance of the song from the perspective of the drum cameras only. 6 hours, 40 minutes."

Featuring:

* Over 6 hours of footage
* Neil's personal drum rehearsals
* Setup and soundcheck footage
* Backstage interview as Neil warms up for a RUSH concert
* Detailed discussion of classic RUSH drum parts, with slow-motion, drums-only demonstrations and e-Book with transcriptions
* Live, drum-camera performances of every song on the "Time Machine" tour
* One-hour interview, explanation, and demonstration of new RUSH song "Caravan"

This was to be released on Nov.4,but I see it has now been pushed up to Oct.18,However it is now on the shelves of Guitar Center stores across the U.S!

The DVD is $39.99, HOWEVER -->

Guitar Center will MATCH any price found on the internet! My friend in Denver was able to get his for $24 yesterday. I went on line and found a listing from cd universe for $23.94. I printed out the page and they gladly sold it to me for that price! I saved $16.05 if I did the math right! Almost half price!! Here is the link, print it out and take it to your local Guitar Center!

http://www.cdunivers...asp?pid=8563671

YMMV but...Here is the Guitar Center official policy: http://gc.guitarcent...ncing/30_30.cfm

If you paid full price, looks like you can still get a refund within 30 days matching lowest offered price.

Thanks go to panacea2112 from the counterparts mb
Old 10-09-11, 03:14 PM

Re: Neil Peart's new DVD available-1 month early!

I can't find any info if this will be released on Blu-Ray. Anybody know?? I don't want to buy the dvd and find out a blu-ray is available. Can't wait to see this.
Old 10-09-11, 04:49 PM

Re: Neil Peart's new DVD available-1 month early!

Not a one of Neil's DVD's (A Work In Progress/Anatomy Of A Drum Solo/Fire On Ice-The Making Of The Hockey Theme)
have had a BD release.so,I don't expect this to be any different,sadly.

Would gladly rebuy them all on Blu,if they were available

But,if you get the price match @ GC on this DVD,you could also price match Fire On Ice from CD univ (17.89) and get that one "almost free"