Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

SLIPKNOT: "IOWA" 3-Disc Tenth Anniversary -11/1/11

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-11, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts

SLIPKNOT Frontman Talks 'Iowa' 10th-Anniversary Reissue In New Video

It's been 10 years since SLIPKNOT unleashed its second album, "Iowa", on the world. SLIPKNOT had impacted the music scene in revolutionary, unpredictable ways and established themselves as a way of life for their fans with their self-titled 1999 debut. But "Iowa" was the album that further proved the band had fully arrived and had no intentions of leaving. It was the band's statement that that they would continue to make music their way, according to their rules and always for their fans, with their middle fingers pointed firmly at the rest of the world.

To celebrate the album's decade of existence, the band is releasing a special, tenth-anniversary edition of this landmark release, which will drop on November 1.

The anniversary edition will include plenty of extras for the maggots and beyond to feast upon. Disc One will comprise the original "Iowa" album along with a remix of "My Plague" as an added bonus track. Disc Two will include the full live audio from the legendary "Disasterpieces" DVD, where the band's 2002 show at the London Arena was captured by 30 cameras and released as a concert film. The DVD will include "Goat", a new film directed by M. Shawn Crahan featuring never-before-seen interviews and footage showing the madness that surrounded the "Iowa" era, plus four music videos.

The official track listings are as follows:

Disc 1:

"Iowa"

01. (515)
02. People = Shit
03. Disasterpiece
04. My Plague
05. Everything Ends
06. The Heretic Anthem
07. Gently
08. Left Behind
09. The Shape
10. I Am Hated
11. Skin Ticket
12. New Abortion
13. Metabolic
14. Iowa
15. My Plague (New Abuse Mix)

Disc 2:

Disasterpieces - Live In London 2002

01. (515)
02. People = Shit
03. Liberate
04. Left Behind
05. Eeyore
06. Disasterpiece
07. Purity
08. Gently
09. Eyeless
10. Drum Solo
11. My Plague
12. New Abortion
13. The Heretic Anthem
14. Spit It Out
15. Wait And Bleed
16. 742617000027
17. (sic)
18. Surfacing

Disc 3:

* Goat (hour-long film capturing the insanity of Iowa, directed by M. Shawn Crahan.

Music Videos:

* My Plague
* Left Behind
* The Heretic Anthem (Live)
* People = Shit (Live)

Video footage of SLIPKNOT frontman Corey Taylor giving a little background on what went into making "Iowa" and offering some of his feelings on the record can be seen below.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NNzdHFH-Yqg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/h7SmZqdT_Oc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

In other SLIPKNOT news, the band is bringing four tracks spanning their career to the Rock Band video game. Fans can download and play along to "Wait And Bleed", "Left Behind", "Pulse Of The Maggots" and "Snuff" in Rock Band 3, available on September 27.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...sitemID=164016
Old 10-01-11, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: SLIPKNOT: "IOWA" 3-Disc Tenth Anniversary -11/1/11

Anything directed by Clown is going to be a schizophrenic nightmare to watch. He really needs to stop pretending he knows how to cut something together.

I'm good with the disc I bought 10 years ago. A live show and a remix aren't nearly enticing enough.
Old 10-01-11, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

When are we going to start getting 5 year anniversary editions commemorating worthless albums?
Old 10-01-11, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cungar
When are we going to start getting 5 year anniversary editions commemorating worthless albums?
Actually, Iowa is a pretty good album.
Old 10-01-11, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,723 Likes on 1,879 Posts

Seems like a pretty weak offering.

It's just a re-release on the existing Iowa album with one bonus track (a remix of an existing song), a CD of the Disasterpieces concert, and a DVD of (what is most likely) a wanky, self-indulgent film directed by Shawn Crahan.
Old 10-02-11, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Also, given that the album came out in 2001 on a major label, there aren't really audio issues with it, so no remaster job. Seems like a cash grab to me
Old 10-02-11, 07:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,723 Likes on 1,879 Posts

Re-releasing a pre-existing album with a couple of bonus tracks, a useless DVD, and a premium price?

A cash grab? Roadrunner would never do that.
Old 10-02-11, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

This band always talks about how they broke the rules and had "their middle fingers pointed firmly at the rest of the world", but really, I can't figure out what they did that was so risky and against the grain. They put on masks, released paint by numbers, almost nu-, metal albums and sold shit tons of copies across the world. All this stuff had been done 3000 times before. Am I missing something?
Old 10-05-11, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 220 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Re-releasing a pre-existing album with a couple of bonus tracks, a useless DVD, and a premium price?

A cash grab? Roadrunner would never do that.
No. This has a couple of bonus tracks, and the audio of a DVD, at a premium price.

If I hadn't already ripped the audio from the DVD, well, I still likely wouldn't pick up the new set. The disc I bought 10 years ago still sounds fine, and even though I think it's Slipknot's best album, I don't see any reason to revisit by shelling out cash.