Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

New Linkin Park single. 'The Catalyst'

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

New Linkin Park single. 'The Catalyst'

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-10, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
Re: New Linkin Park single. 'The Catalyst'

I wasn't going to, but I wound up buying the new cd today. Total impulse buy. I'm willing to give it a shot.
Old 09-15-10, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I disliked Minutes to Midnight at first, but it grew on me quite a bit. At first listen, I thought this was far worse. I'm going to give it a few listens though to see if that changes.
Old 09-16-10, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was not a big fan of Minutes to Midnight. There were a few good tracks on the album, but as a whole it just felt very empty, like it was missing something important.

A Thousand Suns on the other hand, I LOVE. It just feels like a complete album that flows perfectly from beginning to end. It's a very different sound from LP's first 2 albums but that's not a bad thing. The entire album has a very post-apocolyptic sound to it, maybe it's just me but I can invision total destruction while listening. Tracks like "Waiting for the end" and "wretches and Kings" are some of LP's best work in my opinion, but I don't think the album is meant to be looked at on an individual basis. It seems more like a 47 minute peice of art to me. Please don't judge the album based on "the catalyst" because that song is nowhere near the best on the album.
Old 09-16-10, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by firteen88
I was not a big fan of Minutes to Midnight. There were a few good tracks on the album, but as a whole it just felt very empty, like it was missing something important.

A Thousand Suns on the other hand, I LOVE. It just feels like a complete album that flows perfectly from beginning to end. It's a very different sound from LP's first 2 albums but that's not a bad thing. The entire album has a very post-apocolyptic sound to it, maybe it's just me but I can invision total destruction while listening. Tracks like "Waiting for the end" and "wretches and Kings" are some of LP's best work in my opinion, but I don't think the album is meant to be looked at on an individual basis. It seems more like a 47 minute peice of art to me. Please don't judge the album based on "the catalyst" because that song is nowhere near the best on the album.
I'm really enjoying it too, glad I'm not the only one...
Old 12-11-10, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Have listened to the new cd a few times and am enjoying it. Just picked up a ticket to see them on Jan. 20th. Looking forward to it.
Old 01-20-11, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

on my way to the show. Super excited. Chester is one of my favorite singers.
Old 01-21-11, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^How was it? Seeing them on Feb. 8, can't wait.
Old 01-21-11, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It was unbelievable. My seats were better than I expected. They sounded great (esp Chester) and the light show was great. They played about 23 songs. Some of those were intro songs though. I'm glad I brought my binocs cause it was really cool to see Chester do some of his screams close up. You can check out the setlist on
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/linkin...-33d2d8a9.html.

They came on around ten and I got there in time to see three songs from one of the opening bands Pendulum. Never heard of them but they were really good also.
Old 01-22-11, 01:24 AM
Cool New Member

It sounds awful to me at first, but it got better every time I listen to it