Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Miranda Lambert - Revolution 09/29/09

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live
View Poll Results: Favorite Miranda Lambert CD?
Kerosene
0%
Crazy Ex-Girlfriend
54.55%
Revolution
18.18%
Miranda who?
27.27%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-09, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know country music isn't mentioned too much but I can't wait for Miranda's new CD to come out. Country haters need not reply.
1. White Liar 4:47
2. Only Prettier 3:09
3. Dead Flowers 3:59
4. Me and Your Cigarettes 2:24
5. Maintain The Pain 2:17
6. Airstream Song 2:48
7. Makin' Plans 3:50
8. Time To Get A Gun 3:55
9. Somewhere Trouble Don't Go 3:21
10. The House That Built Me 3:56
11. Love Song 2:49
12. Heart Like Mine 2:57
13. Sin For A Sin 3:28
14. That's The Way That The World Goes 'Round 3:25
15. Virginia Bluebell 3:46

Dead Flowers EP is only at Best Buy and costs $1.99 for 4 songs
1. Dead Flowers
2. Take It Out On Me (Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Target Bonus Track)
3. I Just Really Miss You (Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Target Bonus Track)
4. Nobody's Used To Be (Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Best Buy Bonus Track)
Old 09-26-09, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Miranda Lambert - Revolution 09/29/09

I Love Miranda and I have both of her first albums both are excellent I won't vote until I hear the new one . But if I had to pick between the first two it would Crazy X.
Is the Bonus EP on sale now at best buy ?
Old 09-27-09, 12:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Drake
Is the Bonus EP on sale now at best buy ?
The EP has been out for around a month. I was going to get it this week but they pulled it off the site. You still might be able to find it in stores but the nearest BB is like 2 hours from me. Of course, AMAZON has copies but they are like $9-$10 shipped. Luckily I only need Nobody's Used To Be as I already had the other 2 on my Crazy Ex CD.
Crazy Ex is my fav but I'm also waiting 'til I get the new CD before I vote.

If you haven't ordered Revolution yet, FYE.com has it for $9.99 for an autographed copy while supplies last! (Free signed CD sleeve to ship separately within 5-6 weeks). Available only on new product (not used).

Old 09-28-09, 09:12 PM

Yay new music tomorrow + her TV appearences!!!! can't wait!!!!!
Old 09-29-09, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Exclusive MP3 Download not on the CD - "What Are You Gonna Do"

» Read Miranda's personal notes on each track
Old 09-30-09, 04:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 176 Likes on 116 Posts

I'm irked about the Best Buy EP. I went in to my local store a few days after it was supposed to be stocked and they not only had none on hand; they knew nothing about them at all! I went online a couple days later, thinking I would just order it that way and of course it no longer appeared there, either.
Old 10-01-09, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Free signed sleeve if you order from FYE...

http://www.fye.com/Revolution-Front-...VVviewprod.htm

I got mine from Amazon for $8.49 but it looks like it's $9.99 now.
Old 01-25-10, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

After 10 singles, Miranda Lambert scores her first number 1 song!
Miranda Lambert's 'White Liar' has climbed to the top of the country charts, marking the singer's first trip to No. 1!

The Texas beauty began celebrating in Bloomington, Ill., where she was opening for Brad Paisley on his American Saturday Night tour this weekend. She posted a photo on her Twitter page of a bottle of champagne and box of cigars and wrote, "Celebrate #1!!! First class all the way."

When writing the song, Miranda said she was listening to a lot of bluegrass music. "That kind of a vibe was kind of what I was into at the moment," explains the singer-songwriter, adding, "so 'White Liar' just sort of happened out of that ... what I had been surrounding myself with."

Next up for Miranda, besides more celebrating, is a turn as a presenter at Sunday night's Grammy Awards, where she is nominated for Best Female Country Performance for 'Dead Flowers.' Her date for the show? Her little brother, Luke, who recently turned 21.
Old 04-18-10, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Congrats to Miranda for winning FEMALE VOCALIST & ALBUM OF THE YEAR at the 45th annual ACM Awards!
Old 04-18-10, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, that was great for her. I'm a huge fan and supporter of Miranda Lambert, have been for many years now. This seems like as good a place as any to tell this quick story...

I discovered her online years ago, 2001 or 2002 or so, before she was even on Nashville Star. Back then she was, well, pretty much a nobody. She was very talented even back then though. I really liked her music that I heard so I contacted them and started talking to Miranda and her mom online, both over email and over YahooIM, and even on the phone a number of times. They ended up personally mailing me her original self titled CD from back then:

Anyway, she got on Nashville Star and of course did really well on there even though she didn't win, and after that point I pretty much lost touch with them since they knew she was about to hit it big. Years went by and then I started hearing her music pop up on the radio, and she sounded better than ever. Over the past few years I've just been a fan, listening to her music, and I eventually forgot that I even had that old CD that they sent me years prior.

Earlier this year for some reason it hit me that I had that original CD, and as greedy as this may sound, I decided to see just how big a collectors item it is and how much in demand it would be since I've never seen a download for it or anywhere to buy it online, or even heard anything about it even existing really. I checked out eBay and saw one guy who had it listed for $249 buy it now or best offer. I decided to list mine the same way, just to see. I instantly got an offer of $150, and others around $100 and that sort of thing. I didn't really want to actually sell it off though, so I turned them all down.

Anyway, after that I listed it auction style with a reserve of $249. It ended at around $230 or so, but I still didn't want to make a second offer. I listed it for auction once more, this time someone from China emailed me and asked me what my reserve was. I told him, and the CD was bid up to right around $230 again, then at the last few minutes the guy from China made his bid of $250 and bought it from me. Whoever it was only buys rare CDs and records online, but $250 was the most that they had ever paid for a CD before.

I really, really didn't want to actually let that CD go, but I did. I couldn't resist that kind of money for a single CD that I actually had forgotten that I even owned. I must have picked the perfect time to list on eBay though because I noticed a few weeks ago that someone else listed it for sale and only got $100 for it. I wouldn't have sold it for a cent less than $249.99, and someone just happened to want to pay that exactly for it.

Before I mailed it off I noticed an old fan club phone number in the CD booklet. I figured for sure that the number had been disconnected or changed or something, but I wanted to just see. I called it up and sure enough it was just Miranda's parents. It freaked me out, said I was sorry and wrong number, and that was it.
Old 04-18-10, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Brent L
I discovered her online years ago, 2001 or 2002 or so, before she was even on Nashville Star. Back then she was, well, pretty much a nobody. She was very talented even back then though. I really liked her music that I heard so I contacted them and started talking to Miranda and her mom online, both over email and over YahooIM, and even on the phone a number of times.

Anyway, she got on Nashville Star and of course did really well on there even though she didn't win, and after that point I pretty much lost touch with them since they knew she was about to hit it big. Years went by and then I started hearing her music pop up on the radio, and she sounded better than ever. Over the past few years I've just been a fan, listening to her music, and I eventually forgot that I even had that old CD that they sent me years prior.
I'd love to have just a CD-R of that CD. I heard a few songs but haven't been able to find the whole CD. I voted for her on Nashville Star. My mom voted for Buddy Jewell. All I can say is Buddy might have won but look where Miranda is now. Here's to Mom!
Old 04-18-10, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It's a pretty good CD. The quality isn't what her stuff is today, but all things considered and what they had to work with back then, it's pretty good stuff. You could already tell her attitude and style and that sort of thing on that first CD, so it's really interesting to listen to.

I'm gonna sound like a major stalker, but I promise I'm not. Back then, I also used to talk to Buddy Jewel quite often online, and once even talked to him on the phone while he was actually in the Nashville Star house. I was very much into country music back then and had all sorts of connections and met a lot of people who went on to actually do stuff in the industry.
Old 04-19-10, 01:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't hate country music but I'm not a fan of her voice. Very nasally on top of her strong country accent.
Old 04-19-10, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 696 Likes on 430 Posts

Been a fan since I saw her do "Kerosene" on Leno (or Letterman? I forget) about 5-6 years ago. And she's sick mad hot. And she likes to shoot guns. I think I wet 'em.
Old 08-27-10, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Anyone who hasn't got Revolution, AMAZON has it for $6 right now.
Reminder, it has had 4 hits from it: Dead Flowers, White Liar, The House That Built Me, & Only Prettier.
Old 08-27-10, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It is one heck of a country CD, I agree.
Old 08-27-10, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by big whoppa
I don't hate country music but I'm not a fan of her voice. Very nasally on top of her strong country accent.
Her voice is the exactly the reason I like her so much. All the other country "artists" could sing any type of music with their bland homogenized voices. But Miranda's is distinctively country. I'm a casual fan of traditional and neotraditional country and she has the right sound to me.
Old 08-28-10, 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by covenant
Her voice is the exactly the reason I like her so much. All the other country "artists" could sing any type of music with their bland homogenized voices. But Miranda's is distinctively country. I'm a casual fan of traditional and neotraditional country and she has the right sound to me.
Yeah, she is one of the few contemporary country artists that I enjoy. When I had satellite radio a few years ago, I used to spend so much time listening to Hank/Willie's Place on XM. I love old country music, but today's country music is terrible.
Old 08-29-10, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Funny song - Miranda & Blake (Studio Version is on Blake Shelton's All About Tonight EP)
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RJyxaXH6kK0?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RJyxaXH6kK0?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Miranda with Dierks Bentley & Jamey Johnson From Dierks' - Up on the Ridge CD (they are performing it on CMA Music Fest show on ABC Wed night)
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xprk2_TVgi0?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xprk2_TVgi0?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 11-11-10, 06:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

From the CMA Awards:

Female Vocalist of the Year: Miranda Lambert
Album of the Year: Revolution, Miranda Lambert
Song of the Year: “The House That Built Me,” Miranda Lambert
Music Video of the Year: “The House that Built Me,” Miranda Lambert

Plus a rockin' performance of John Prine's "That's The Way The World Goes Round"
Old 11-11-10, 06:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

That is just awesome!

Also, and this auction is not mine, someone has her debut CD from years ago up on eBay right now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

It will be interesting to see what it does in an auction style listing and if it'll come anywhere close to the $250 BIN auction I listed and sold earlier this year.
Old 11-11-10, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Her song from the CMAs:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xeKV7LfKb3M?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xeKV7LfKb3M?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 11-12-10, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I thought this thread was about Miranda Cosgrove... "WTH?"