Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Gramercy Arms -- Gramercy Arms

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-09, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts

Is anybody familiar with this group? It seems like they are rather new on the scene. I tracked down "Looking at the Sun" based on its use in the Chuck season finale. Turns out a lot of their songs are quite good.

Better to use this website than their MySpace page.

http://www.gramercyarms.co.uk/

Some more info:
3. Gramercy Arms
Taking the concept of supergroup to a totally new level, Gramercy Arms’ only self-imposed limits seem to be geographical. The group’s comprised of a revolving collective of New York-based artists, including members of Guided by Voices, Luna, Joan as Police Woman, Dead Air and the Dambuilders and (RANDOM ALERT!) comic Sarah Silverman. Huh? If it sounds odd and confusing, it’s only appropriate: their subject matter, is after all, basically sex and the city. The result: a tightly wound, even more tightly edited 30-minute power pop (emphasis on power) album that’s as diverse, dirty, delirious and dazzling as a stroll on the sunny side of Bedford Ave. at 8 a.m. on a Saturday when the local swells are still stumbling home and the new yummy mummies are heading out for their daily double half-caf latte fix. Give em a listen.

http://blog.uncensoredinterview.com/...sites-attract/

I'm not exactly a fan of these tapestry groups, but that's a separate topic I suppose.

Last edited by Superman07; 05-03-09 at 02:50 PM.
Old 05-04-09, 06:31 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Re: Gramercy Arms -- Gramercy Arms

I object to the use of the term "supergroup"...