Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

NIN | Jane's Addiction Tour going?

Old 03-21-09, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: NIN | Jane's Addiction Tour going?

I think my buddy got 2 tickets for the Irvine Meadows show. At least, that's what he told me he was doing. If not, I can always wait until the day of the show and buy one of ebay for close to face value. I did that with Iron Maiden and got fantastic Orch seats.
Old 03-22-09, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by chino77 View Post
i really cant believe that people are still into nin. the most generic industrial band out there.....listen to skinny puppy if you want some real industrial. they are the band who should be in arenas.
Cute. These two bands had split paths a long time ago, and people still try to associate them together.

I also wouldn't consider what NIN puts out to be industrial, Reznor certainly doesn't. Industrial influenced, sure.
Old 03-22-09, 07:58 PM

yeah yeah Skinny Puppy is great, but they don't have the resources to pull off what Reznor does with a live show.

Last edited by TripWire; 03-22-09 at 08:01 PM.
Old 03-23-09, 07:35 PM

Yea, I listened to Nine Inch Nails from Pretty Hate Machine through Downward Spiral. I pretty had everything during that time period. I had not even heard one song (apart from soundtracks, etc) since then when a buddy offered to buy me a ticket to a summer show, I think it was 2006 or 2007. I went not really expecting much. I was blown away. I think alot of bands hide behind their light shows to compensate for a lack of musicianship. That is definitely not the case with that band. The sound quality was amazing. No DVD could capture that. Kicking myself that I did not hit Lolapalooza '91. I'm strongly thinking about the Charlotte show.
Old 05-20-09, 05:35 PM
Banned by request

Is the opening act any good? I just noticed they're starting at 7 and NIN isn't going on until 7:45. It would be nice to leave a little later if I could (I'm going tonight).
Old 05-20-09, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Everything I've read about them has been stellar.
Old 05-20-09, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by Suprmallet View Post
Is the opening act any good? I just noticed they're starting at 7 and NIN isn't going on until 7:45. It would be nice to leave a little later if I could (I'm going tonight).
Isn't the opening act Tom Morello's new band? They're called 'Street Sweeper Social Club', but that's about all I know about them. Oh, except the article I read said that it rocks, with a bit of the Rage sound, not like the acoustic Nightwatchman....
Old 05-21-09, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Definitely check out the opener Street Sweeper Social Club. They were well liked by the crowd and put on a hell of a show.

At the show in Phoenix they did a rocked out cover of Paper Planes. Friggin' Fantastic.

At another show Trent came out and rocked Kick out the Jams!
Old 05-21-09, 03:18 AM
Banned by request

Well, I didn't get the chance to see them, because traffic was SO bad that I got there at 8, 15 minutes after NIN had gone on. So I saw most of the NIN set, and it was good. But Jane's Addiction were great. The whole band was in top form and there wasn't a bad song in the set. That will go down as one of the best live shows I've seen this decade.
Old 05-21-09, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Suprmallet View Post
Well, I didn't get the chance to see them, because traffic was SO bad that I got there at 8, 15 minutes after NIN had gone on. So I saw most of the NIN set, and it was good. But Jane's Addiction were great. The whole band was in top form and there wasn't a bad song in the set. That will go down as one of the best live shows I've seen this decade.
I had this exact experience in Tampa a couple weeks ago (traffic, missed the first 10-15 minutes of NIN). I've never been much of a JA fan but I thought they put on a great show and I'm glad I saw them.

I had foolishly thought NIN was going to headline because of the big stink about this being their "farewell tour" and what not so it was disappointing that I missed the first couple songs, but I ended up enjoying JA more anyway.